I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    NicNac wrote: »
    Watching A View To A Kill yesterday I noticed for the first time that Scarpine has a scar on his left cheek. How can I have missed that so many times?

SCARpine, you mean, am I right, guys?! Guys?...

Chrrrrrrrist, the clue was even in the name. I feel such a fool.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    The henchman of Renard that Bond yanks out of a chair (aboard the sub in the disappointing finale) is the same actor (Derek Lea) who plays Guy Haines' bodyguard, who Bond drops from the top of a roof, in QUANTUM OF SOLACE.

This is cool.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So Renard was also a member of SPECTRE!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    So Renard was also a member of SPECTRE!

@Mendes4Life, where art thou, @Mendes4Life?
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    Apparently they have people everywhere. He was also in DAD as Gustav Palace Guard (uncredited):

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0494749/#actor
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    All these years, and it has never clicked until now that the way the two-wheel alley stunt is pulled off/edited in DAF makes absolutely no sense.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    The first few times I watched DAF, I never even noticed. :D
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    The henchman of Renard that Bond yanks out of a chair (aboard the sub in the disappointing finale) is the same actor (Derek Lea) who plays Guy Haines' bodyguard, who Bond drops from the top of a roof, in QUANTUM OF SOLACE.

Gary Powell is also clearly seen in the sub which kind of takes me out of the film.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 4,325

Gary Powell is also clearly seen in the sub which kind of takes me out of the film.

He's also clearly seen in GoldenEye too. Simon Crane also gets shot by Xenia.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Big_Gee wrote: »
    I saw SPECTRE three times in the cinema but it wasn't until I was watching the DVD a second time at home that I realised the reason why M drives the car into the tunnel. He is forced to do so because Blofeld's men have placed a red and white barrier in the road obstructing his intended route.

Ha me too!

Was watching it for the 4th time the other day and just noticed that!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I never knew that the voice over of the guy who was killed at the parade in the beginning of LALD was actually Shane Rimmer.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2016 Posts: 4,554
    CHRISTOPH
    CHRISTOPHer

WALtz
    WALken

63731990.jpg
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    TripAces wrote: »
    CHRISTOPH
    CHRISTOPHer

WALtz
    WALken

63731990.jpg

Whatever he's having, I'll have some of it too!!
    Watched Spectre and realised Blofeld must have watched DCs previous movies in order to freeze frame and copy the images of M, Vesper, Mr White and Silva. I wonder which DC film was Blofelds favourite and also I wonder if he owns the films or streamed them?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Not that it matters, but only Silva and Vesper's photos are taken directly from the films. M's and Mr. White's are not.
    To be honest joking aside, the only one I was sure of was Vespers.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 9,117
    Without watching it back isn't the one he uses of Silva taken when he is dressed in the t-shirt and jump suit at MI6?

Wonder who took that?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 9,117
    Double post
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I say one of the security guards was looking a selfie with him, He probably had that
    Planned years in advance, for his escape ! :D
    I say one of the security guards was looking a selfie with him, He probably had that
    Planned years in advance, for his escape ! :D

I guess he posed for it years earlier as it was all part of ESB's masterplan?

Seriously, the only good thing to come out of the SP retcon shambles is Silva's escape becomes about 17% more believable as presumably there are numerous SPECTRE agents in place working for MI6, the police and TfL and probably also Denbeigh somewhere along the line.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That was one of the first things that stuck out with those photos in SP: I'm guessing Blofeld was a huge fan of the initial Craig trilogy on blu-ray!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    That was one of the first things that stuck out with those photos in SP: I'm guessing Blofeld was a huge fan of the initial Craig trilogy on blu-ray!

I think Blofeld visited the prop department of EON!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

If that's the case he would've had the Algerian love knot too.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,690
    Watching DAD and TND again last night, I noticed that the voice over in Zao's gene therapy room in Cuba is the same voice over in the airport in Hamburg when Brosnan meets Q.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    jake24 wrote: »

True, also we should tell @TheWizardOfIce
    I'm sure he can write an essay about that topic, as it is about Blofeld in SP ;)

Maybe Blofeld secretly was dating BB? Or blackmailing P+W?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

I'm sure he can write an essay about that topic, as it is about Blofeld in SP ;)

=))

Haha. Seriously though, it would be virtually impossible for Blofeld to obtain the necklace since it's probably buried in the snow somewhere in Russia. Many have brought up the idea of Mr. White having the love knot in the secret room at L'Americain instead of the interrogation tape, but he couldn't have had it for the same reason, unless he spent 7 years in Kazan with his metal detector.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Haha. Seriously though, it would be virtually impossible for Blofeld to obtain the necklace since it's probably buried in the snow somewhere in Russia. Many have brought up the idea of Mr. White having the love knot in the secret room at L'Americain instead of the interrogation tape, but he couldn't have had it for the same reason, unless he spent 7 years in Kazan with his metal detector.

Why would he need to do that, if he owns a copy of QOS?

You pose a very intriguing point.

Except Corinne had one so isn't reasonable to presume they had a factory somewhere banging them out for Yusef to give to each dozy love struck mare he recruited?