No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    About what about if Bond 25 gets a Martian War story if EON agreed, i've made a trailer of that using clips from the 2013 documentary 'The Great Martian War:

I've also made a modified poster for the next installment like this:
    ChFhj9-W0AA9u3A.jpg:large

John Titor.
    Someone's a time traveler.
    Well, if a Bond film had martians in it, it might as well have time travellers in it too - what a dumb idea - martians and Bond
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    As long as it doesn't have the codename in it...
    Well, if a Bond film had martians in it, it might as well have time travellers in it too - what a dumb idea - martians and Bond
    Disney. Sums it up, doesn't it? ;)
    Man, do we need some news, soon ...
    Not basing it on any facts and all, but my guts tells me we won't be getting any until mid-Summer, at the earliest.
    Not basing it on any facts and all, but my guts tells me we won't be getting any until mid-Summer, at the earliest.

Yes, I reckon so.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, I posted this in the fan arts thread, but here is a Bond 25 teaser trailer I made using clips from various films and commercials:

Nice work. Not sure about the title but it looks good.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Nice trailer.
    considering DC sent his birthday wishes to the Queen as Bond a week ago, it can quite easily be assumed he is still holding the part- which is terrific news, in my view.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Was at the red carpet UK premiere of Civil War and it struck me harder than ever at just how abysmal Craig's fit of his suits are. Evans, Downey, Mackie and Render look more Bona-fide in their suits than Craig has for the last 4 years. It's actually embarrassing that James Bond has self-victimised himself in this regard. It needs to change.

Absolutely.

There's quite a big list of stuff they need to fix but Bond wearing suits that look like they've been shrunk in the wash certainly belongs on it.

I imagine they had to do about 6 takes of the moment when he lands on the sofa in the SP PTS as he kept bursting the buttons on his jacket.

it's either how Craig prefers his suits/tux - or it's Tom Ford's style (the one who outfits Craig for the Bond films).
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Disney. Sums it up, doesn't it? ;)

you would be surprised how hands off Disney actually are in terms of their properties, ie: Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm... outside of MGM being able to sustain production of their own films once again, Disney would be good for EON........ Granted, as someone who probably didn't follow much in the way of production of The Force Awakens as i have, wouldn't understand - but Disney isn't about trying to dumb down their properties, or play it safe for the kiddies all the time (Bridge Of Spies was a recent Disney release, under their Touchstone banner).... the way Disney handled Lucasfilm and TFA, was (more or less), hands off - they facilitated where they were needed, but they've let Kathleen Kennedy and Co make their own decisions..... if this were where Bond and EON eventually ended up, I picture it being the same treatment.. they aren't going to f*** with a nearly 60 year old film franchise, just because they are Disney and they can........ could you imagine a Bond film, with a Disney budget and promotional blitz behind it??.. It would be the 50th Anniversary style marketing for every film that would come out.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Look, @haserot, I know you champion Disney all too well. And we have discussed this to the ends of worlds and planets we could've gone as far. I have heard the side stories of many and made my own studies on their holdings as good as any other researcher. To cut it short, neither of us are going to convince one another. Disney is all-agenda-based corporation and to me one of the most evil empires of all things. I know very well Disney has branches that are purely for adults and not kiddies. Regardless of how many people have loved The Force Awakens, many lifelong Star Wars fans I know have despised it. No, I haven't seen it nor have interest in any Star Wars film, so I'll leave that to the experts. I won't be surprised to be proven right with whatever Disney might try and do with Bond (no, I know they won't insert the House of the Mouse in it, I'm not stupid), from basic details up to their own personal and political agendas. Disney has done that with a lot of products of their own, and especially Marvel. And granted our views the way the films should be go opposite sides of the fence and they don't match up, so I will say that let's leave it there. You champion Disney, and that's a thing I respect. I, however, have little to no respect for Disney let alone see them take Bond in their clutches and slowly destroy it until I no longer recognize the Bond that I loved as a kid, championed a hero as an adult, and grew up with all along. Disney will do that if they takeover regardless of how many hundred years a franchise would be at age. If I start listing every single problem with what I have with Disney's Marvel in every format, it won't end by the end of the year. So, let's just leave it there.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    nikos78 wrote: »
    considering DC sent his birthday wishes to the Queen as Bond a week ago, it can quite easily be assumed he is still holding the part- which is terrific news, in my view.

My thoughts exactly.

Look, @haserot, I know you champion Disney all too well. And we have discussed this to the ends of worlds and planets we could've gone as far. I have heard the side stories of many and made my own studies on their holdings as good as any other researcher. To cut it short, neither of us are going to convince one another. Disney is all-agenda-based corporation and to me one of the most evil empires of all things. I know very well Disney has branches that are purely for adults and not kiddies. Regardless of how many people have loved The Force Awakens, many lifelong Star Wars fans I know have despised it. No, I haven't seen it nor have interest in any Star Wars film, so I'll leave that to the experts. I won't be surprised to be proven right with whatever Disney might try and do with Bond (no, I know they won't insert the House of the Mouse in it, I'm not stupid), from basic details up to their own personal and political agendas. Disney has done that with a lot of products of their own, and especially Marvel. And granted our views the way the films should be go opposite sides of the fence and they don't match up, so I will say that let's leave it there. You champion Disney, and that's a thing I respect. I, however, have little to no respect for Disney let alone see them take Bond in their clutches and slowly destroy it until I no longer recognize the Bond that I loved as a kid, championed a hero as an adult, and grew up with all along. Disney will do that if they takeover regardless of how many hundred years a franchise would be at age. If I start listing every single problem with what I have with Disney's Marvel in every format, it won't end by the end of the year. So, let's just leave it there.

but what if i offered you some pie and punch?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I want some pie. :D
    HASEROT wrote: »

I will say this: If I were to create a character, I would either let it die with me or write in my will just before I pass away that no one will ever have rights to my IP apart from my estate, so I wouldn't spin in my grave when I see my character being awfully altered and reconstructed to attract "the wider audience".

And besides, there will be a whole manuscript of rules on how to portray my characters, just like Peter O'Donnell did with Modesty Blaise.
    I think it is time we talk about pie what kind of pie we all like what kind of pie should bond eat in bond 25 etc
    I like apple crisp but as far as pies then strawberry pie is good. Preferably with whip cream.

Risico007 wrote: »
    I think it is time we talk about pie what kind of pie we all like what kind of pie should bond eat in bond 25 etc

A Gala Brand pork pie.

• RC7RC7
    Pies contain meat. If you're adding fruit it's called a tart.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Pies contain meat. If you're adding fruit it's called a tart.

You mean you've never had warm apple pie?

I will say this: If I were to create a character, I would either let it die with me or write in my will just before I pass away that no one will ever have rights to my IP apart from my estate, so I wouldn't spin in my grave when I see my character being awfully altered and reconstructed to attract "the wider audience".

And besides, there will be a whole manuscript of rules on how to portray my characters, just like Peter O'Donnell did with Modesty Blaise.

so.... no pie?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I like apple crisp but as far as pies then strawberry pie is good. Preferably with whip cream.
    You can't have a pie without cool hwhip.

so.... no pie?
    Well... If you insist... Martini, my good man? martini-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 4,400
    Barbara Broccoli is currently producing the movie 'Film Stars Don’t Die In Liverpool', to star Anette Bening and Jamie Bell

7312069e30151f6b6641a67d7d9e242d.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3564719/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-ll-fool-Glenda-Welsh-actor-Rhys-Ifans-star-new-King-Lear.html

It looks like there is no great rush for Bond 25 to begin production.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Barbara Broccoli is currently producing the movie 'Film Stars Don’t Die In Liverpool', to star Anette Bening and Jamie Bell

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3564719/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-ll-fool-Glenda-Welsh-actor-Rhys-Ifans-star-new-King-Lear.html

@Pierce2Daniel on the ball, as ever.
    jake24 wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    You can't have a pie without cool hwhip.

Thanks Stewie :D (Family Guy reference.)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

BB will be busy counting the insane amount of money Spectre made at least until 2017 :D
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Since there is no rush on Bond 25, hopefully this means Daniel has already committed to returning to the role. Or does it mean they're looking for someone new? AHHHH please just give us something for Christ's sake.