No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    As of now, Craig is still in the role. He's doing Othello later this fall, and will appear in that limited television series about some reporters and all.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    It's like I and others already predicted last year.
    EON is lazy, counting their money, and have no clue whatsoever of how and when to get going again.
    Sadly, we have to face the harsh reality, that Bond movies will only be made every 3 to 4 years from now on. I don't expect Bond 25 before 2018, more likely even 2019 and if Craig is done it could even mean we have to wait until 2020.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    EON is lazy, counting their money, and have no clue whatsoever of how and when to get going again.
    Sadly, we have to face the harsh reality, that Bond movies will only be made every 3 to 4 years from now on. I don't expect Bond 25 before 2018, more likely even 2019 and if Craig is done it could even mean we have to wait until 2020.

I don't want to agree with you ...I fear you're right but I don't wanna agree.

:((
    It makes sense to me, to be honest.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    If they're waiting 4 years, that rules out Craig. He ain't young anymore as it is.
    You never know, man. You know never know.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 8,158
    I just think if they're waiting 4 years, it's likely because their between actors. If not, why wait 4 more years when you have an aging star? There must be another reason, in that case.
    Craig would be filming at age 50 so it could happen, unlikely but in a 2019 scenario it would for sure be his last.

I would prefer 2018 of course, but If its a masterpiece ill wait until summer 19.
    Summer release... Now, that's what we should have. Didn't have a summer release since Licence To Kill.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    mcdonbb wrote: »

I don't want to agree with you ...I fear you're right but I don't wanna agree.

:((

there is a difference between being lazy and being patient....

i believe that EON doesn't want to rush right back into production, but rather take their time to properly (in their eyes) develop a story and script.... i would like more Bond movies sooner than later... but if they feel that waiting an extra year helps them create a better product - then so be it.. i would rather get something they feel has been properly crafted, instead of just getting one to get one...

i do not believe we will have to wait until 2020 for the film - that is pure hogwash.... just because we haven't heard anything yet, doesn't mean work isn't being done behind the scenes.... the latest i believe Bond 25 will be out is 2019, but I am still willing to hedge my bets on 2018... EON (despite popular belief here it seems) knows that it can't wait too long... and whoever they find as a new distributor isn't going to want to wait long either you know.
    There is no reason for panic just because there hasn't been any news just six months after the release of the last film.

As for EON being lazy, there's not really much of anything that they can do at this point anyway. They can't move on Bond 25 until MGM finds a new distributor.
  • Limbo for the serious 007 fan awaiting real news

http://bit.ly/26yUZ3N
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited April 2016 Posts: 4,399
    i just don't see the use in stressing out.... looking at this thing from a realistic perspective, we are only roughly 5.5 months out from the release of Spectre, and people are treating this whole "no news" thing as if it had been released 17 months ago... i mean jesus, the dvd just came out almost 2 months ago, lets all relax a little..
    Granted, even during the traditional two year intervals, at this point it would still be a bit early to get any substantial news. I'm just tired of the series going into hiatus/limbo etc every other film. Which is exactly what has been the norm since TWINE when it was announced Bond 20 would be delayed an extra year. From DAD on every other film has had some sort of delay or period of uncertainty.
    BB producing that film isn't news she was talking about that whilst promoting Radiator which she was Executive Producer on.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    BB producing that film isn't news she was talking about that whilst promoting Radiator which she was Executive Producer on.

Her involvement in the film isn't news. The "news" is that the film is happening this year and is currently casting.

Barbara has, to my knowledge, been working with producer Colin Vaines for a couple of years and the project is moving forward now that Spectre has been finished production.

My estimation is that EON are in no rush to begin production on Bond 25. Wilson had major surgery during filming and Barbara clearly wants to explore some different avenues.

Now would seem to be a perfect time as both Mendes and Craig (I think it's still EON's intention to bring these two back) will need a few years to get some distance from Bond before returning. I think EON are more than willing to wait.

There is no way this film is coming before 2018. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait till 2019.

I'm actually convinced that if Mendes and Craig don't agree to return and a new Bond is sought that 2019 is almost a certainty.

I think it's just becoming more clear that we're in for a long wait.....

Her involvement in the film isn't news. The "news" is that the film is happening this year and is currently casting.

Barbara has, to my knowledge, been working with producer Colin Vaines for a couple of years and the project is moving forward now that Spectre has been finished production.

My estimation is that EON are in no rush to begin production on Bond 25. Wilson had major surgery during filming and Barbara clearly wants to explore some different avenues.

Now would seem to be a perfect time as both Mendes and Craig (I think it's still EON's intention to bring these two back) will need a few years to get some distance from Bond before returning. I think EON are more than willing to wait.

There is no way this film is coming before 2018. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait till 2019.

I'm actually convinced that if Mendes and Craig don't agree to return and a new Bond is sought that 2019 is almost a certainty.

Yes, I kind of guessed that because she said all of that in an interview on BBC Radio Four after the release of Spectre, none of the above is news to me. She said in that interview that the film would be happening this year.

F%£k! Oh well, strap in guys!

My personal feeling is that they wouldn't wait another four years for Craig at the age that he is. The fact that Bond is switching studios is kind of what makes me think this. I guess they've just accepted that this will be a 4 year gap, as there is so much transition happened at once they couldn't possibly rush into Bond 25. I mean think about it, B25 could have a new Bond actor, new Studio, new Producer (perhaps that Greg guy), new creative team (director, dp, composer, writers etc.). There is so much change happening at once, its incredible. Whatever happens, I don't think B25 will resemble much of the Craig era. After all how could it?

Another reason they could be waiting 4 years is they could be lining themselves up to hit that 60th anniversary year. If we're waiting 4 years, that's 2019, plus 3 years working on B26 makes 2022. EON don't like to miss their anniversaries, and this could be the perfect time to release all 25 Bond films in the new Ultra HD Bluray format.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City

Yes, I kind of guessed that because she said all of that in an interview on BBC Radio Four after the release of Spectre, none of the above is news to me. She said in that interview that the film would be happening this year.

I can plan to have an interview with BBC News about Bond 25, James Bond distribution rights and MGM's future.

I can plan to have an interview with BBC News about Bond 25, James Bond distribution rights and MGM's future.

Whatever Bambi.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City

Whatever Bambi.

Fair enough then.

My personal feeling is that they wouldn't wait another four years for Craig at the age that he is. The fact that Bond is switching studios is kind of what makes me think this. I guess they've just accepted that this will be a 4 year gap, as there is so much transition happened at once they couldn't possibly rush into Bond 25. I mean think about it, B25 could have a new Bond actor, new Studio, new Producer (perhaps that Greg guy), new creative team (director, dp, composer, writers etc.). There is so much change happening at once, its incredible. Whatever happens, I don't think B25 will resemble much of the Craig era. After all how could it?

Another reason they could be waiting 4 years is they could be lining themselves up to hit that 60th anniversary year. If we're waiting 4 years, that's 2019, plus 3 years working on B26 makes 2022. EON don't like to miss their anniversaries, and this could be the perfect time to release all 25 Bond films in the new Ultra HD Bluray format.

The 50th anniversary coinciding with Skyfall was a happy accident - it was originally going to come out in 2011.

The 50th anniversary coinciding with Skyfall was a happy accident - it was originally going to come out in 2011.

These happy accidents always seem to happen right when an anniversary is coming up. The same thing happened with DAD, they took an unexplained 3 year gap which happily coincided with the 40th anniversary celebrations. You have to admit; 40 years, 20 films has a nice ring to it.

If doing this gets B26 a few extra bucks at the box office, I don't blame them. As long as its Aidan Turner who steps out of the shadows in 4 years I'll be happy.
  • RC7RC7
    I would be happy if they never released a film in an anniversary year again.
    RC7 wrote: »
    I would be happy if they never released a film in an anniversary year again.

Well, whatever the reason, it seems all the steam that set this hype train rolling in 2012 has fizzled out somewhere along the line. Now even the producers are apathetic about the idea.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Really looking forward to the 75th anniversary. Bet they are planning something special for that one.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Really looking forward to the 75th anniversary. Bet they are planning something special for that one.

As long as it isn't B25, me too :D
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

They will bring back Pierce Brosnan.

They will bring back Pierce Brosnan.

Imagine if they did bring Pierce back, how that would deflate the balloon of the media hype of Elba et. al
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2016 Posts: 15,692
    If the only alternative is Elba, I'd even take good ol' George Lazenby back. He's had 50 years to improve his acting skills.