And On That Bombshell The Grand Tour is with us what do you think ?.

Comments

• edited February 2016 Posts: 503
    [img][/img]It was going to be slated regardless of who they chose to present it. Taking on TG after the three stooges is a bit like doing a comedy show and having The Pythons as your warm up act, how the hell do you even get close , let alone follow it?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'm surprised that I have to say it, but there were TG presenters of both sexes, back in the day. That was back when it was an informative car show (say, if you wanted to know the best alarm for you Sierra), rather than three tw@s fooling around.

I don't know if I will watch this. I stopped watching the revamped TG, as the shtick got old, very fast. And despite it's baffling popularity, I fear that bellend Clarkson's stench might linger in this re-revamped TG. I laughed so much when I heard that Shamazon of all placed, "snatched" up Clarckson/May/Hammond.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    RC7 wrote: »
    How many presenters are they having? It's sounding like an absolute clusterf**k.

BBC, mate. You have to have someone from 'YooChewb' to appeal to da yoof demmagraffik. And you can't have a man without a woman, or vice versa. Equality mate. They're getting Lupita Nyong'o in a mo-cap suit to play the Chevrolet Lacetti. All boxes ticked.

I was getting a bit worried that Evans, Le Blanc and Jordan were a rather shockingly white lineup. You could overlook Sabine being white given she is a bird and a foreigner I suppose.

Luckily someone at TV centre noticed in time (although not before the others had signed their contracts so we now have a bloated cast of 6) and drafted in some ethnic faces to make sure that all bases were covered. Nice one Beeb.

Saved me having to write a letter to Points of View to vent my disgust at the whiteout.

Although I will add a little caveat - could just do with someone in a wheelchair and then I think we'd be sorted. I'd suggest that guy from the Paralympics with the dreadlocks as the BBC already can't get enough of him and he ticks two boxes for the price of one despite having the autocue reading skills of Sam Fox.

Actually shouldnt there be a Muslim in there too? Maybe The Stig is a practicing Sunni?

'Some say he hates the west and that he's planning a terrorist atrocity. All we know is this show is going to be an absolute catastrophe!'

Yet again we see demonstrated the ultimate skill of the @TheWizardOfice showing just how he managed to graduate with a first class degree from The Alf Garnett School of Political Correctness !.
    Oh please god no , not Eddie Jordan. I was prepared to at least give new look TG a try but this has finally sealed it I'd rather sit at home and boil my face!!!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    First trailer for the new Top Gear on the BBC:

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Thanks for posting that it was waiting in my emails when I came home ginger seems to be going off on one I do hope he does not come down with a dose of clarksons sindrome.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    First trailer for the new Top Gear on the BBC:

Meh.

More interested in the Kevin McClory version on Amazon. The BBC might have the title, the Stig and the music but Amazon have Sean Connery X 3.
    Nope, will stick with the Clarkson,May and Hammond thank you very much!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Same here.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Another trailer.

Give me the 3 boys on their new show on Amazon any day of the week!
    Has the Chris Evan's Top Gear been pushed back from starting. As it was supposed
    to start on the 8th of May ?
    Has the Chris Evan's Top Gear been pushed back from starting. As it was supposed
    to start on the 8th of May ?

Yes it has, it starts on 22nd May now.
    Another trailer.

Give me the 3 boys on their new show on Amazon any day of the week!

Wow, that looks no different to the old Top Gear, just with not as good presenters.
    Maybe the title of this thread needs changing? As Top Gear is coming back.
    So the BBC haven't changed the show ? It will be interesting to see how many of the
    people who said they'd watch it now the orignal team has left, will tune in and how
    many old fans of the show will be watching the amazon series.
    It is odd how many presenters they've gone for, the bbc trying to tick all the boxes. I'm
    guessing they've spent a fortune on focus groups. :D
  • RC7RC7
    edited May 2016 Posts: 10,512
    RC7 wrote: »

Names are names! "Roger" would have been better.
    That's pretty underwhelming today the least.

Going round the country with a big tent? Sounds like something Partridge would pitch.

Still I guess we have to have faith that they know what they're doing.
    I think they weren't allowed to use any variations with the words "Top" or
    "Gear" in the title of their show.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 4,325

Going round the country with a big tent? Sounds like something Partridge would pitch.

Going round the world, not the country.
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Going round the world, not the country.

Well still sounds just like a big budget version of something Tony Hayers would reject:

'Alan's Big Tent'
    'What's that?'
    'It's just a title'
    'No'
    'Very cheap. You could do it in a pub car park.'
    Clarkson for all his on screen buffoonery, is a very smart guy and the writer
    of the old TG, he also came up with most of the ideas for trips and challenges.
    So I'm expecting it to be good.
    While the BBC new TG, is basically now a pub band tribute act. ;)
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Clarkson for all his on screen buffoonery, is a very smart guy and the writer
    of the old TG, he also came up with most of the ideas for trips and challenges.
    So I'm expecting it to be good.
    While the BBC new TG, is basically now a pub band tribute act. ;)

Yeah looking at the trailer it does like they've gone for the same style as Clarkson et al Top Gear, just minus the political incorrectness of Clarkson one imagines. The cinematography and general style from the trailer is the same as Top Gear 2002-2015.
    Amazon prime has an offer up to the 16th, to get a years subscription for only
    £59 ( usually £79) :)
    Going to be a Grand Tour man then i think!
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Yeah looking at the trailer it does like they've gone for the same style as Clarkson et al Top Gear, just minus the political incorrectness of Clarkson one imagines. The cinematography and general style from the trailer is the same as Top Gear 2002-2015.

Presumably, with the exception of Andy Willman, the crew will be largely the same

I read that Chris Evans is to be questioned about bullying ?
    If you believe the papers -particularly The Daily Mail and Daily Telegraph - everyone they dislike is a bully. One of those catch all slurs
    So NO truth to it then ?