And On That Bombshell The Grand Tour is with us what do you think ?.

Comments

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Valentin thanks for posting that clip you beat me to it !
    Wonderful production great photography and stunning music that is what Top Gear was all about
    Buy the way does anyone know what that music track is called ?
    Brian Eno - An Ending.

Thankyou and on that point it's goodnight from me and goodnight from them !.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    =D> wonderful clip.
    I knew some network, would pick them up. :)
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 5,821
    And meanwhile, in France :

Starts wednesday january 6th at 20.45 on RMC Découverte.
    Gerard wrote: »
    And meanwhile, in France :

Starts wednesday january 6th at 20.45 on RMC Découverte.

Looks very good, it goes to prove the French are just as crazy as us British.

:))
    Latest I read is that Top Gear starts again in May, with Chris Evans
    as the only presenter ! WOW and people thought Clarkson had an ego. :D
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'll of course be watching Songs of Praise instead as everyone should.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/top-gear-chaos-executive-producer-7057940
    Reports that BBC " Top Gear" production is in Chaos.
  • So Evans has got no co presenters and now no executive producer . The words "train" and "wreck" spring to mind.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    So Evans has got no co presenters and now no executive producer . The words "train" and "wreck" spring to mind.

And of course, a train can't wreck unless it leaves the station. I think we all expected a laughable continuation of Top Gear following the axing of Jeremy; it was unavoidable. BBC thought they'd have the last laugh, but how wrong they were.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The BBC has decided to give up on their Formula 1 coverage starting in 2016. That will be another major blow to them as F1 has always been followed by many when they had the broadcasting rights.
    edited December 2015 Posts: 13,384
    Clarkson, at least had enough sense to know he couldn't present the
    Show by himself, as there was too much work. In a way I'm looking
    Forward to it, as it may well be " Car Crash" TV. :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3371012/Blow-Gear-executive-producer-quits-just-five-months-brought-new-presenter-Chris-Evans.html
    David Coulthard and Sabine Schmitz have been hurriedly announced as co-presenters.
    Sabine Schmitz is there ? YES !

icon99.gificon99.gificon99.gificon99.gif

• Rewatched the middle east special earlier. sadly it would be impossible to film that now.
    Well, Sabine is not confirmed yet, but...

Matt LeBlanc is :

bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35490238
    This show will be worth watching, just to see how bad it is. :D
    Thanks for the warning ! .
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've never followed this show, actually came here to post about LeBlanch's hiring. Wonder how he managed that one; seems like this show has done nothing but go downhill ever since that major shakeup happened.
  • RC7RC7
    Apparently Le Blanc is known for playfully mocking gypsies, women and asians. You can all sleep soundly.
  • At least Leblanc can drive and talk at the same time.
    edited February 2016 Posts: 13,384
    Yes but walking and talking seems a bit of a strain. ;)
    Sad to think there was no British talent available. I can
    Hear Clarkson making jokes about "Immirgrants" taking
    His job. :D
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    This is bollocks.

Half the charm of Top Gear is its Britishness in terms of sense of humour and laughing at themselves when they cock around.

How have we ended up with a yank fronting it?

BBC not got a clue as per usual. After all let's not forget the success of the show was largely down to the lads just making it and the beeb couldn't really interfere because it made too much money. Now the beeb are heavily involved we're just going to end up with a neutered, sanitised pile of PC drivel.

The Beeb still think they've got a show that they can sell around the world when, like A Partridge Among the Pigeons, all they have is a title. And Tony Hayers never greenlit that did he!

I'm sure the boys will wipe the floor with this with their Amazon show.

Feel a bit sorry for Sabine though if she's signed on for this as she always seemed a good laugh and obviously knew her stuff when it came to driving.

Well what a farce! No offence Matt!
    edited February 2016 Posts: 3,144
    The new line up has been released this morning Sabine is in thank goodness And some other people including Eddie Jordan !!! .

This from the BBC News website.

Formula 1 commentator Eddie Jordan and German racing driver Sabine Scmitz are to join the new series of Top Gear.

Motor journalist Chris Harris and TV presenter Rory Reid have also been signed to co-present the programme.

They will join Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc when the BBC Two programme returns in May.

The new presenters were signed after Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond left the programme last year.

Sabine Scmitz becomes the show's first female presenter in 15 years.

Speaking about her new role, she said "the chance to combine both driving and filming was too good an opportunity to pass up.

"I've appeared on Top Gear a few times in the past, so I know we're going to have a lot of fun."

Scmitz has already been filming a sequence with Chris Evans for the new series that "will leave even the most hardened speed-demons gasping for breath when it debuts on TV", the BBC said in a statement.

Her fellow co-presenter Chris Harris is well known for presenting various motoring programmes on YouTube.

Newcomer Rory Reid was recruited to Top Gear from the show's 2015 public auditions, but previously presented for CNET's Car Tech channel, and also had a starring role in Sky 1's Gadget Geeks series.

Chris Evans said of his new Top Gear gang: "We really do have a bit of everything for everyone."
    How many presenters are they having? It's sounding like an absolute clusterf**k.
  • RC7RC7
    How many presenters are they having? It's sounding like an absolute clusterf**k.

BBC, mate. You have to have someone from 'YooChewb' to appeal to da yoof demmagraffik. And you can't have a man without a woman, or vice versa. Equality mate. They're getting Lupita Nyong'o in a mo-cap suit to play the Chevrolet Lacetti. All boxes ticked.
    RC7 wrote: »

BBC, mate. You have to have someone from 'YooChewb' to appeal to da yoof demmagraffik. And you can't have a man without a woman, or vice versa. Equality mate. They're getting Lupita Nyong'o in a mo-cap suit to play the Chevrolet Lacetti. All boxes ticked.

I was getting a bit worried that Evans, Le Blanc and Jordan were a rather shockingly white lineup. You could overlook Sabine being white given she is a bird and a foreigner I suppose.

Luckily someone at TV centre noticed in time (although not before the others had signed their contracts so we now have a bloated cast of 6) and drafted in some ethnic faces to make sure that all bases were covered. Nice one Beeb.

Saved me having to write a letter to Points of View to vent my disgust at the whiteout.

Although I will add a little caveat - could just do with someone in a wheelchair and then I think we'd be sorted. I'd suggest that guy from the Paralympics with the dreadlocks as the BBC already can't get enough of him and he ticks two boxes for the price of one despite having the autocue reading skills of Sam Fox.

Actually shouldnt there be a Muslim in there too? Maybe The Stig is a practicing Sunni?

'Some say he hates the west and that he's planning a terrorist atrocity. All we know is this show is going to be an absolute catastrophe!'
    This might be worth watching, as it sounds like it's going to be a
    Complete ship wreck ! :D