And On That Bombshell The Grand Tour is with us what do you think ?.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Could "Top Gear" be arriving on Netflix, as" House of cars" ?
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/jeremy-clarkson-former-top-gear-5688163
  • DrGorner wrote: »
    Could "Top Gear" be arriving on Netflix, as" House of cars" ?
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/jeremy-clarkson-former-top-gear-5688163
    If that's true i'm getting Netflix again.
    Me too. :D
    Nooooo!!! Was hoping they would remain on terrestrial TV! :((
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It'd be the perfect middle finger to the BBC, that's for sure. Rest assured, Clarkson will have the last laugh in all of this.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarkson-back-road-moustache-5695083
    Short story and video of the three guys getting ready for their tour. Kicking off
    In Belfast.
  • Clarkson vs Reliant Robin part II
    I remember the show they did about the reliant Robin, I laughed through the
    Entire show ! :))
    DrGorner wrote: »
    I remember the show they did about the reliant Robin, I laughed through the
    Entire show ! :))

Which one : the time Clarkson tried to go on a road trip in one, or the time they turned it into a space shuttle ?
    The one where he kept rolling it. =)) even the Stig rolled it. =D>
    Who ever thought that such a contraption was a good idea ?
    I can't wait to see these guys back on our TV screens!
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 503
    Jeremy will be on radio 2 in about 5 minutes...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02rw42m
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2015 Posts: 15,686
    BBC to show last 2 unseen Top Gear episodes as a special.

• RC7RC7
    BBC to show last 2 unseen Top Gear episodes as a special.

I don't really watch it anymore, but for those interested this is the brief synopsis posted on Broadcast.

Jeremy Clarkson’s final Top Gear appearance will be in a 75-minute special that will air on BBC2 in the next few weeks.

The BBC decided not to renew Clarkson’s contract in March after his “fracas” with producer Oisin Tymon. Since then, BBC2 controller Kim Shillinglaw has been working with Top Gear executive producer Andy Wilman to piece together unused recordings from series 22.

The footage was originally planned to air over three episodes, but it will now be combined in a 75-minute special, which will centre on two distinct adventures.

It will be presented from the Top Gear studio at Dunsfold Park by Clarkson’s former co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May.

The studio elements were recorded last week, with Wilman executive producing, and although the BBC is yet to decide when to schedule the episode, the corporation has released a trailer to whet fans’ appetite.

The final episode, which is likely to play in Top Gear’s traditional Sunday 8pm slot, will feature Clarkson, Hammond and May immersing themselves in the lifestyle of classic car enthusiasts. The trio will “set off on an adventure that includes brown beer, breakdowns and a hair raising classic car show”.

In a second film, the presenters will each spend £250 on massive sport utility vehicles and embark on a series of challenges, including a battle with the Stig’s “leisure activity cousin”.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 5,774
    Well, it's nice to know they will carry on the tradition of destroying caravans until the very last show.
    :)) I'll miss the thee amigos, until they get a new show on a different channel. ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Clarkson is a genius imho and I hope they either get him back, or he does something else similar elsewhere. Like Charlie Sheen on Two & a Half Men, difficult, but also inimitable and ultimately irreplaceable.
    I see the Beeb are desperately trying to keep May and Hammond! They finally realised how much money they are about to lose!

Very cool! :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I see the Beeb are desperately trying to keep May and Hammond! They finally realised how much money they are about to lose!

They lack the ingredient that binds them together: Clarkson.

I think that they BBC acted rightful when they decided to not renew Clarksons contract. On the other hand the media outlets owned by the BBC's competition did everything to show what a disgrace Clarkson was only to woe him as soon as he became available. So hypocritical as well.

Top Gear without Clarkson will be a whole different show, one I am not sure I really fancy as I do not enjoy any other car-show out there on TV. They are just not fun and crazy enough, they seem to be paid by the car manufacturers to promote cars instead of going crazy about them.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »

They lack the ingredient that binds them together: Clarkson.

I think that they BBC acted rightful when they decided to not renew Clarksons contract. On the other hand the media outlets owned by the BBC's competition did everything to show what a disgrace Clarkson was only to woe him as soon as he became available. So hypocritical as well.

Top Gear without Clarkson will be a whole different show, one I am not sure I really fancy as I do not enjoy any other car-show out there on TV. They are just not fun and crazy enough, they seem to be paid by the car manufacturers to promote cars instead of going crazy about them.

Whole heartedly agree with everything that you have put! =D>
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    +1.
  • RC7RC7
    edited June 2015 Posts: 10,512
    Chris Evans (not that one) to host. Not wholly unexpected.
    They've lost me as a viewer, Chris Evans is not my cup of tea. :-q
    Lost me as a viewer as well! Good luck to him as he will need it.
    I really hope the other three get a programme up and running soon. ;)
    DrGorner wrote: »

Only a matter of time I reckon Dr? Once the FINAL unseen footage is shown on the BBC of Jezza and the boys I bet we see an announcement very soon on that!
  • DrGorner wrote: »
    Yep. Then we get two awesome car show's instead of one.