And On That Bombshell The Grand Tour is with us what do you think ?.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Apparently ( not that Chris would be interested) but more people have watched that video
    of Clarkson making a box, than watched the last episode of Top Gear. :))
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Eh the original and the American version.

That 3 minute video is funnier than the whole 2 hours of the new Top Gear.
    I've been watching the American Top Gear, and it has the same crazy spirit of
    The old Top Gear. Some of their jaunts across the states have been hilarious. :)
    The new series is crap, not the production itself but the presenting is bloody aweful. Top Gear was basically a lads show about the western world's holy cow and the BBC is trying to steer it away from it in its concept.
    I think they tried to introduce Eddie Jordan as a bit of a "Grumpy old guy" like
    The three lads, May, Hammond and Clarkson.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Just got round to watching the 2nd ep (so you can add me to your viewing figures Chris) and it was passable.

The South Africa segment wasn't too bad, although the highlight of the programme was seeing Damian Lewis say 'the names Bond'.

It was ok. However the thing is I can't really imagine me ever watching either episode on Dave again whereas some of the old ones I have seen half a dozen times.
    Just got round to watching the 2nd ep (so you can add me to your viewing figures Chris) and it was passable.

The South Africa segment wasn't too bad, although the highlight of the programme was seeing Damian Lewis say 'the names Bond'.

It was ok. However the thing is I can't really imagine me ever watching either episode on Dave again whereas some of the old ones I have seen half a dozen times.

Yes, I've been tempted to go back and watch all the old ones again rather than watch the new one.
    Luckily through streaming, I've been watching loads of old TG and the American TG, :)
    Some things never change

I do miss these clowns! :))
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 5,811
    Now it's official : we can call Sabine
    the "Vomit Comet"

This said, there's something missing : where are all those challenges nd contraptions from the original trio ? Come on, let the new guys try to build a tank using a mini ! Or better, an idea that I have as a challenge for all the Top Gears in the world : a trip from Cape Town to Tierra del Fuego via the Bering Strait. Oh, right, I forgot !
    Matt leblanc getting driven acrkss london, was fun.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    All in all last night was an improvement good to see Chris Harris in the main show at last and if the rest of the supporting cast keep it at this level we might not have to put up with Mr shouts a lot for much longer
    Agreed, the rest seem enthusiastic, but without the shouting.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    TG with Clarkson, Hammond & May was allowed to settle in, and by the time it became huge it had already established itself and they were allowed the odd bad episode. In some instances they were allowed bad series. It didn't matter because we were used to the format and there was always something of merit to pull out of the dross.

Unfortunately the world is watching Chris Evans and expecting greatness from day one, or else. It's the Lazenby curse all over again.

I think you'll see a gradual change in the format of the show, each episode seems
    to be better than the last, and perhaps drop Chris Evans as host, to let the other
    members of the presenting team to shine.
  • I always thought Chris Harris would make a good Top gear presenter. I was right.
    Thanks BBC for keeping Matt LeBlanc busy ....over there.
    A bit on last night's Top Gear, firstly for a show that was supposed to be full
    Of new exciting ideas, the cooking in the car engine part ...... has been done
    Before on a motoring show, called Top Gear. ;)
    Chris Evans gave away during his interview with the two guests who had
    Won the fastest lap, before showing it. :))
    A little of the old TopGear Magic in last nights show then :D
    As it happens last nights offering was the best to date But Evans is still way too loud for my taste.
    http://www.theweek.co.uk/top-gear/65189/top-gear-the-real-reason-matt-leblanc-took-the-bbc-job
    Speculation that the BBC is considering cancelling the show due to terrible viewing figures.
    The BBC won't give up that soon after all it's still being sold abroad and bringing in some healthy profits
    Looks like the first episode of W Chump &Sons The Grand Tour will come to air in October this year .
    Finally saw the new Top Gear ...it's dreadful ...cringe worthy at best.

I feel totally embarrassed by and for Matt LeBlanc. I didn't get past 5 minutes...

Reruns and American Top Gear now.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm no authority on Top Gear, though I enjoyed watching the trio every once and a while on BBC America when I was flipping through the channels.

Not much to say about the new group, really. It's a situation of too many cooks/personalities in the kitchen, I think, and none are a fourth as witty or entertaining as any of the original trio. And I'd definitely swap Evans out as main presenter for any of the others, as he is grating at times and has a very punch-worthy face, for whatever reason, on top of being very loud indeed.

I was happy to see LeBlanc doing something across the pond, as I've always liked him, but after watching a few episodes I totally get why people have complaints. His lines are so overly delivered, and you can see that he's playing more of a role than he is being himself, which leads me to believe that he's less of a car head than he'd need to be to do a show like this, and because of that, he seems artificial in any sections where he's presenting to the live audience. Maybe he's just getting used to it, and will improve over time. Of course he's got to count on the show still being around for him to do that, and though I haven't checked the viewing numbers, I'm sure they pale in comparison to what the show once pulled, across all demographics. When the trio's show debuts on Amazon, that pool will only shrink more.
  • I'm no authority on Top Gear, though I enjoyed watching the trio every once and a while on BBC America when I was flipping through the channels.

Not much to say about the new group, really. It's a situation of too many cooks/personalities in the kitchen, I think, and none are a fourth as witty or entertaining as any of the original trio. And I'd definitely swap Evans out as main presenter for any of the others, as he is grating at times and has a very punch-worthy face, for whatever reason, on top of being very loud indeed.

I was happy to see LeBlanc doing something across the pond, as I've always liked him, but after watching a few episodes I totally get why people have complaints. His lines are so overly delivered, and you can see that he's playing more of a role than he is being himself, which leads me to believe that he's less of a car head than he'd need to be to do a show like this, and because of that, he seems artificial in any sections where he's presenting to the live audience. Maybe he's just getting used to it, and will improve over time. Of course he's got to count on the show still being around for him to do that, and though I haven't checked the viewing numbers, I'm sure they pale in comparison to what the show once pulled, across all demographics. When the trio's show debuts on Amazon, that pool will only shrink more.

New presenters, mostly new production team and a new (ish) format , they are only four episodes in so it'll take them a while to get used to it, just like it did with the other fellas.
    Also Eddie Jordan , what's the f*cking point of him even being there? , he's had virtually no screen time so i think he'll be gone by the next series and i can't say i'll be sad if he does go .

I think Eddie Jordan is supposed to be the " grumpy old man" ?
    I think it is improving with each episode, apart from Chris Evans
    and Matt Leblanc, the other presenters are very good ( in my opinion).
    Rory Reid, I think is very good Indeed, he seems genuinely enthusiastic
    and funny.
    I'm sure it will return but with some major changes. It will be Interesting
    To see what the old team with the new show on Amazon will look like.
    I think Eddie Jordan is supposed to be the " grumpy old man" ?
    I think it is improving with each episode, apart from Chris Evans
    and Matt Leblanc, the other presenters are very good ( in my opinion).
    Rory Reid, I think is very good Indeed, he seems genuinely enthusiastic
    and funny.
    I'm sure it will return but with some major changes. It will be Interesting
    To see what the old team with the new show on Amazon will look like.

Is the new Top Gear still on ... thought they would have axed it by now!

:)) still two shows to go.
    :)) still two shows to go.

Good I'm sick of seeing Chris Evans' cheesy grin whenever I go on iPlayer!
    edited June 2016 Posts: 13,384
    I wouldn't be a fan either. :(