And On That Bombshell The Grand Tour is with us what do you think ?.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Not entirely surprising, if true. Every time Evans is on screen, I feel a massive ache in my head. He's a 50 year old man that dresses like someone a third of his age, every time he smiles I want to punch him, and he always passionately denies the great failure that the new Top Gear has been, though we all knew it was inevitable. Top Gear hasn't pulled such bad numbers since 2003, for crying out loud.

I don't know if Evans will get the boot, though there's plenty on and off set backlash to warrant it. At most I see LeBlanc maybe switched out to work with another team so that he and Chris don't have to bump elbows any more. Of course, then someone else on the team will have to suffer him in Matt's place, leading to another situation like this.
    Anyone notice the number plate on Evans's Rolls ? BRX ___T if
    Clarkson was still doing it. There be loads of complaints he was making fun
    Of the "Brexit" campaign. ;)
    Anyone notice the number plate on Evans's Rolls ? BRX ___T if
    Clarkson was still doing it. There be loads of complaints he was making fun
    Of the "Brexit" campaign. ;)

Is he still trying to be Clarkson ...
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Much better episode last night and yes Evans is still trying to copy Clarkson but that's sadly due to his lack of talent Matts performance keeps on improving and the new boys are going from strength to strength all in all I have a bit more in the way of hope for the show now that I did after episode one.
    Agreed, the worst thing about the show is Chris Evans. :(
    Although I can't blame him for his choice of cars. The old rolls Royce had a "je ne sais quoi" that the new one doesn't have, as luxurious as it is.
    I love the doors on the new model.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Top Gear USA just got cancelled.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Has their Amazon show been announced yet, I wonder?

Has their Amazon show been announced yet, I wonder?

Funny you should mention that. BBC WW said that they "have begun exploring new opportunities for the series in the U.S."

edited June 2016 Posts: 2,496
    James May just tweeted the new 'The Grand Tour' logo.
    I like that it feels like a backwards logo for the new Top Gear, if you take "The Grand Tour" text out of the middle.
    The new TV is a fairly standard car show, like Fifth Gear. You learn a little about cars
    and the odd bit that puts a smile on your face. With old TV, I spent the whole show
    Smiling and laughing, can't remember if I learned anything about cars, built I had a
    Lot of fun :D and that's the difference in the two shows, for me at least.
    Some promos for The Grand Tour.

It's good to see that the boys are friends with Ben again .
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    I gave NTG my fairest shot but I've just stopped watching. For a start I dislike Evans & never thought he could bring anything to the table except a massive ego. I think under the circumstances MLB (aside from his wooden voice overs) had performed quite well. I wonder - given the poor ratings - if the BBC will approach the old team again?
    Both May and Hammond have projects with the BBC which are heading toward production at this time I doubt very much that Mr Clarkson will be back on the beeb other than the next series of HIGNFY .
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    I do enjoy May's programmes. IMO the last one where he was taking things to bits( or was it rebuilding them?) was dire though.
    I loved his show about old toys.
    Looking forward to seeing these three again!
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Well Evans never lasted very long. Take a look at @achrisevans's Tweet:
    I wonder if Chris will be snapped up by Amazon ........ probably Not ! :))
    Last nights show, ( for the first time ever with Top Gear) I switched over
    to watch something else.
    People can be so hurtfull ! As for last nights show, well the best of the series was saved for this last episode.Chris Mate thanks for trying its just not your cup of tea , but you have realised that you don't suit the format so good on you for going and hopefully you can make more TFI which you are good at ,its a hard thing to try and fill someone else's shoes and the team at TG are working very hard at doing just that,
    early days to start talking about who's going to replace Evans, but as a presenter not a host outright I wouldn't mind seeing James Martin getting a place on the team
    I think now that it's been proved we will never see the like of old Top Gear ever again on the Beeb so with that in mind it's time to look forward to the next series at the end of the year by which time things will have settled down and having found their feet I expect the team to give us more of a polished version of that which we got last night
    And let us not forget by the time that series two of new top gear is ready to air we will of had the chance to get stuck into The Grand Tour ....
    :)) I know a few Germans who have a fantastic sense of Humour. Sadly Chris
    Dressed like a trendy dad, far too young for his age. :D
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    DCisared wrote: »
    Well Evans never lasted very long.

Doubt you would either son if you were tupping a 19 year old Billie Piper. Oh you're talking about Top Gear.

You wonder how long the beeb will continue to try to keep propping up this corpse in its rocking chair.

I can't wait to see The Grand Tour with the three old regulars. :)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Really??? #$%#!!! ~X( ..

It was finally coming into its own. I think the problem is that it was on The History Channel and not Velocity which would make way more sense.

Velocity has Wheeler Dealers and various other car related shows... the whole channel is about cars ... duh.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I think that it all goes to show that the tired Top Gear brand needs to be put to sleep permanently once and for all.