And On That Bombshell The Grand Tour is with us what do you think ?.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Much better than the last series.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    I don't know, but the BBC version seems fake as can be. With Clarkson you know he's this big an oaf, because he is. Sure they overplay it now and then but that's what we know them for, at least it's honest play. This seems like a 'what they can do we can create' kind of rip-off. We know Clarkson May and Hammond have been friends for years. They behave like that. These guys, not so much.

Although i only caught the tail end, that's what I thought. They all looked a bit laboured to me. I think they should have sent them off on a holiday together for a couple of weeks before filming, to give them chance to form a real friendship. I guess they will bed in as time passes though.

Note to BBC, get one of the others to do the narrating. Although I quite like him in the job, MLB sounds boring, like the woman from the Shackletons high seat ad.

Well, I liked it. And I have laughed out loud at some moments (Rory reid running after his London Cab, for example). A nice return to form, after last season.
    With that ginger twat leaving the series and using Le Blancs talents this first installment was actual quite enjoyable. And the Hoof was once again the subject of a wicked sense of humor.

This series had a fun start.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I won't say too much for fear of spoiling it but if your bored waiting for Bond 25 !
    From the guys at TG on a telly near you
    A short Bond Film Staring Joey from Friends and a Bald Man in a bad jacket oh and a DB11 enjoy.
    it looked fun
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    yes, that guy is accident prone somehow. Glad he's ok though!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    ‘Top Gear’ Spinoff ‘Top Gear America’ Greenlighted By BBC America
    https://deadline.com/2017/03/top-gear-america-bbc-america-us-spinoff-top-gear-1202046848/
    Didn't they do that already ?
  • Gerard wrote: »
    Didn't they do that already ?
    yeah but it got cancelled last year
    Oh, I didn't know that. But as we here receive it a bit later...

Anyway, saw the latest episode, and I have my suspicions as to who the Stig might be... and her name begins by S too. And ends in abine. Because that 1 million quids supercar Nürburgring challenge was absolutely great. As for the Alpine Renault... Well, gearheads already know that, but it has a long and proud tradition to live up to. But, as fun as it was, I didn't really get the point about the spreader.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Isn't it far better since CE pissed off? I reckon once the two new presenters have bedded in it will really come into its own.
    Agreed, I like this new show much better with out old Chris.. Watching the "DB11" chase
    I hope the next official Bond car chase blasts the Bond theme out !
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2017 Posts: 15,690
    Richard Hammond airlifted to hospital after 'very serious' car accident.
    Again ? Let's hope it's not too bad. I'd hate to see our beloved "hamster" pass away.
    Get well soon Hamster!
    Sad News, I hope it's not too serious and
    He gets well soon.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Time for some driving lessons Hamster me old mate.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited June 2017 Posts: 9,020
    I hope it's nothing too serious.

It's very big news in Switzerland as of course it happened in Hemberg (St. Gallen).

Top Gear is hugely popular in Switzerland.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I hope it's nothing too serious.

It's very big news in Switzerland as of course it happened in Hemberg (St. Gallen).

Top Gear is hugely popular in Switzerland.

Not sure why there's so much interest in this then; Richard Hammond doesn't work for Top Gear. The BBC wouldn't be very happy if you are suggesting Top Gear only equates to Clarkson, Hammond and May cocking about in cars; they think it's actually title and owning the rights to the Stig.

God alone knows why they are filming in Switzerland though. Hands down the worst place I've ever driven a car. The nice scenery can't make up for the misery of sitting in a train of cars all religiously doing the speed limit.

@TheWizardOfIce

yes yes it's Grand Tour, but that is popular because there was Top Gear. Thanks for the lecture.

The Alps make up for anything, even for smart remarks on this forum.

I agree that's why I'm driving the Grossglockner tomorrow. Just hopes there's no Swiss in front of me!
    edited June 2017 Posts: 9,020

I agree that's why I'm driving the Grossglockner tomorrow. Just hopes there's no Swiss in front of me!

Just a shame I'm not your favourite member on this forum, or else we could meet up one of these days. You seem to be in Switzerland (and Austria) more regularly than James Bond.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 9,117

Just a shame I'm not your favourite member on this forum, or else we could meet up one of these days. You seem to be in Switzerland (and Austria) more regularly than James Bond.

Had a dismal experience driving in Switzerland last year so won't be heading that way again for a while. Go to Austria quite often though. Drove through the Malcesine tunnel on Lake Garda this afternoon. Mrs Wizard couldn't understand why I suddenly stopped in the middle of the road at the entrance to let the traffic in front dissipate so I had a clear road ahead then floored the arse out of it.

'This is the tunnel Bond roared through at the beginning of QOS you dozy mare!!' I would have said if I was man enough!
  • Having seen the pictures of the wreckage i'm staggered he got out alive.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Only a broken leg as I understand, so he'll be fine. I think the little guy keeps overestimating himself. Quite an impressive car he wrecked though.

@TheWizard yes, the Swiss are very contrained and law-abiding. The Austrians on the other hand will pass you on a two-lane road which is under construction at 200km/h. I love a fast drive (as my speeding tickets are testament to) but, considering the fines they get in Switserland, I understand them too.. ;-)
  • Yeah, Clarkson apparently said Hammond appeared to be "mostly fine". And I heard he managed to walk out of the car himself. Very lucky, I'd say. Here's hoping he gets well soon, though.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Major Bond connection in this season 2 trailer:

Major Bond connection in this season 2 trailer:

How I miss watching these guys! Looks as funny as ever!