And On That Bombshell The Grand Tour is with us what do you think ?.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Agreed, I can 't wait.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Back on Amazon Prime on the 8th of December if what I'm told is correct.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Terriffic! Shows again Jeremy is a big fan. Even in TG time he'd use Bond music for his films.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The music is great as well in this teaser.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Can't wait!
    Agreed, so looking forward to seeing the trio again.
    Looking forward țo it again. Love the short videos they've posted the last couple of days. Also glad to hear they got rod of the American and celebrity brain crash (how did that even get into the whole series)

Oh i do miss these guys!
    And here's the guy they probably will go for:

And here's the guy they probably will go for:

Lol! Brilliant!
    The list of celebrities for The Grand Tour has been revealed, and there's not a single woman in sight :

radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-11-27/the-grand-tour-celebrity-guests-season-2/

Meanwhile, this wednesday, it will also appear on the french channel RMC Découverte. Of course, I won't miss it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Still on episode five of season one, a binge watch is on the horizon.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 684
    Watched the first episode of season two last evening. So glad to have the boys back.

I'm happy with the tweaks they've made to the format (although I feel like I did enjoy the Celebrity Brain Crash antics each week far more than most).
    Great to see the Grand Tour back.
    Love the trailer. Love the song even more. BTW, what is this song ? ;)

More seriously, the new season (fourth already) of the french version of Top Gear starts on january the third here on RMC Découverte :

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-375679-la-quatrieme-saison-de-top-gear-france-sera-lancee-le-mercredi-3-janvier-en-prime-sur-rmc-decouverte.html

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Been watching season 2, and despite it getting harder to watch the guys aging, the laughs are still there.

May: The world is a better place than it was even one minute ago.
    Clarkson: Not it's not. Because one minute ago you weren't here.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    I think the BBC will keep on making the show but I think as a concept, It's done.
    the last series was only six episodes. I still enjoy it but I'm a hardcore fan ( as well as a fan of top gear ) ;-) It's time for a new idea.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/jun/01/matt-leblanc-exits-top-gear-time-to-be-sent-to-the-scrapheap

I don’t know what the viewing figures are like and to be fair the new team has grown on me a bit but you wonder if it really is worth the effort any more? Without the 3 true hosts the beeb really haven’t got anything to sell but a title. It’s not the concept itself that’s the format, it’s the blokes doing it plus the concept that made the show a success.

The best deal for the licence payer might be for them to sell the rights to Amazon for a nominal £100k or so.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I recall them speaking of The Grand Tour season 3 as being the last. Was that a rumour, or any truth to it?
    No idea. Is it a money maker for Amazon?

There was a lot of buzz for the first series but I don’t remember hearing anyone talking about the second. I don’t know many people who have Amazon compared to Netflix. The first series I signed up for Amazon for a month, the second I just streamed. And I can’t be alone in that.
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/jun/01/matt-leblanc-exits-top-gear-time-to-be-sent-to-the-scrapheap

I don’t know what the viewing figures are like and to be fair the new team has grown on me a bit but you wonder if it really is worth the effort any more? Without the 3 true hosts the beeb really haven’t got anything to sell but a title. It’s not the concept itself that’s the format, it’s the blokes doing it plus the concept that made the show a success.

The best deal for the licence payer might be for them to sell the rights to Amazon for a nominal £100k or so.

If you ask me, the best they can do is get it back to it's original roots, and make it a normal car show again. Of course it'll never be what it was with those three idiots (and it won't be the money making machine worldwide it once was), but maybe it can grow into something else.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44329005

‘It may be time to reincarnate the show and come up with a different idea - maybe by getting some women in there.’

Pure genius! That’s not a different idea. That’s the same idea without any penises.

Amazed the beeb hadn’t already come up with this solution du jour to every problem in the world already. They thought they had nailed it by bringing in Rory Reid to tick some boxes - but they were the wrong boxes!! No one cares about ethnics any more, in 2018 it’s women that we need more of.

Come on Tony Hayers sort it out it’s not rocket science surely? Sue Perkins, Sabine Schmitz and that Nadia off Bake Off is the team to take Top Gear forwards (actually Sabine is quality but that has nothing to do with the fact she is a woman and all about her driving ability and the fact she’s a bit mental!)
    A bit ? She's completely verrückt, yes ! And we love her for that.
    Gerard wrote: »
    A bit ? She's completely verrückt, yes ! And we love her for that.

definately
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    BBC Names New ‘Top Gear’ Hosts to Succeed Matt LeBlanc
    https://variety.com/2018/tv/global/top-gear-matt-le-blanc-paddy-mcguinness-freddie-flintoff-bbc-1202987921/

Comedian Paddy McGuinness and former cricket player Freddie Flintoff will replace Matt LeBlanc as presenters on “Top Gear,” the BBC announced Monday. The duo will join driver Chris Harris on the popular motoring show, while Rory Reid is stepping down from the main presenting lineup.

Season 27 of the series, which airs on BBC Two, will begin production in early 2019, with broadcast expected later in the year.
    Interesting line up? Seems to me they maybe going down the humour route? Now that rings a distant bell?!!! Still will be giving it a miss I think!