And On That Bombshell The Grand Tour is with us what do you think ?.

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Interesting line up? Seems to me they maybe going down the humour route? Now that rings a distant bell?!!! Still will be giving it a miss I think!

I think they got all confused. The thee true hosts weren't comedians, they are actual journalists. It's their friendship that made it fun. Of course in the end they scripted the whole lot, but they got their popularity from beeing themselves, not trying to be funny.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2018 Posts: 15,690
    Trailer for season 3 of The Grand Tour:

Trailer for season 3 of The Grand Tour:

Looks as fun as ever!!!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I'm up for this. Diarised.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    yep, except I got the wromg membership, netflix.......
    Meanwhile, in France :

• Just watched the first episode of season 3, won't give anything away but I now want to see Detroit in a Bond film
    In this week's episode Clarkson made a referrence to the Bond film Quantity of Porridge.
    From Clarkson's Sun column:

My Bond plot is a blast

Recent Bond films have been box office hits and I’m sure the new one, which went into production this week, will be no different.

But I want more Moore.

Daniel Craig spends far too much time acting and nowhere near enough cheekily helping himself to a grape from the fruit bowl, before swiftly leaving a girl’s bedroom.

And the storylines are all too serious.

The alcoholism. The soul-searching. The suggestion 007 might have tried homosexuality. Give me a break.

If I want serious, I’ll watch Jason Bourne or listen to Radio 4.

Bond is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. Know the name for every fish in Latin, shoot a man with metal teeth in the face then sleep with the baddie’s girlfriend.

Everything blows up. The end.
    Yes, that's Clarkson allright. As long as it's superficial and says 'boom' it's good. He wants entertainment like he makes himself. But that's not Bond and Bond by definition has style and character. To paraphrase another (stylish) film: 'beeing a character doesn't mean you HAVE character'.

Not that I don't enjoy his antics, but I wouldn't take his advice when it comes to Bond.
    I wouldn't either, he's just fun to read and watch. Moore was the Bond of his childhood, so he's obviously being influenced by nostalgia.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Revelator wrote: »
    From Clarkson's Sun column:

My Bond plot is a blast

Recent Bond films have been box office hits and I’m sure the new one, which went into production this week, will be no different.

But I want more Moore.

Daniel Craig spends far too much time acting and nowhere near enough cheekily helping himself to a grape from the fruit bowl, before swiftly leaving a girl’s bedroom.

And the storylines are all too serious.

The alcoholism. The soul-searching. The suggestion 007 might have tried homosexuality. Give me a break.

If I want serious, I’ll watch Jason Bourne or listen to Radio 4.

Bond is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. Know the name for every fish in Latin, shoot a man with metal teeth in the face then sleep with the baddie’s girlfriend.

Everything blows up. The end.

As usual I find myself in agreement with Clarkson.
    pretty bad imo. Not interested at all.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    62073301-171747553835840-5661076129824486678-n.jpg
    My God, Clarkson's on a bike. End times!
    Meanwhile, in France :

Yes, a road trip in Vietnam, but this time, they had the right to use cars.
    This looks very charming:

TBH looks more interesting then the GT.
    I'll watch anything featuring James May. Shame I don't have an Amazon Prime subscription…
    I have not seen any of these!
    This looks very charming:

The 6 episodes of James May: Our Man In Japan are now available on Amazon Prime as of today.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 2,896
    Clarkson weighs in on the new Bond title song:
    Bond blues

IF I were to list all the Bond music in order of greatness – and being a man, EVERYTHING has to be listed like this – Octopussy’s "All Time High" by Rita Coolidge would be the all-time high.

I love Rita Coolidge. She sounds like she’s singing while sitting down.

At No. 2, from On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, I’d have "We Have All The Time In The World," by Louis ­Armstrong, who sounds like he’s lying down in the bath. And at No. 3 it’d be the ­incidental music used during the ski chase in the same movie.

I’d have to go a long way down the list – past "Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" from Thunderball, past the music used in the cinema adverts before the film started, and down past the Muzak playing when I took my seat – before I got to the dreary song chosen for the ­latest 007 outing.

Performed by Billie Eilish, it is about as memorable as the middle of a Tuesday night.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Are they not going to bother putting any more episodes out?
    Revelator wrote: »
    Clarkson weighs in on the new Bond title song:
    Bond blues

IF I were to list all the Bond music in order of greatness – and being a man, EVERYTHING has to be listed like this – Octopussy’s "All Time High" by Rita Coolidge would be the all-time high.

I love Rita Coolidge. She sounds like she’s singing while sitting down.

At No. 2, from On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, I’d have "We Have All The Time In The World," by Louis ­Armstrong, who sounds like he’s lying down in the bath. And at No. 3 it’d be the ­incidental music used during the ski chase in the same movie.

I’d have to go a long way down the list – past "Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" from Thunderball, past the music used in the cinema adverts before the film started, and down past the Muzak playing when I took my seat – before I got to the dreary song chosen for the ­latest 007 outing.

Performed by Billie Eilish, it is about as memorable as the middle of a Tuesday night.

Clarkson is stuck in 1889 and though funny when he's offset by captain slow and the hamster who are at least 100 years ahead of him, I wouldn't take his opinion any serious when it's about modern music.
    mtm wrote: »
    Are they not going to bother putting any more episodes out?

A Madagascar episode has been filmed and should premiere sometime this year. In the meantime, I recommend James May's recent series Our Man in Japan.
    Clarkson is stuck in 1889 and though funny when he's offset by captain slow and the hamster who are at least 100 years ahead of him, I wouldn't take his opinion any serious when it's about modern music.

I thought his choices were rather eccentric--"All Time High," which I've never heard anyone else display any enthusiasm for, and the themes from OHMSS, which show good taste atypical for Clarkson. I haven't heard the NTTD song (I'm avoiding it until I see the film) so I can't comment.