Things you never want to see in a Bond film again

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    Agreed. In a way Craig is the opposite of Connery. For Craig everything is personal; for Connery nothing is.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2016 Posts: 23,883
    echo wrote: »
    Agreed. In a way Craig is the opposite of Connery. For Craig everything is personal; for Connery nothing is.
    Personal, but not emotional though. I've always felt Brosnan and Dalton were more emotionally affected by what happened to them in their respective films. Craig is just tense, sarcastic & brooding in response to the personal implications, but rarely emotional, which is interesting. He acts more repressed.
  • The Aston Martin. It's had its time, its getting a little ridiculous now. I thought the car blowing up in Skyfall would've made it certain for a fresh make and model for 24. A new car partnership should be in order to freshen things up.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Perhaps with Lotus ;)
  • Neil Purvis or Robert Wade. Enough is enough. Time for new writers.
    The last-minute reintroduction of a major character from the first continuity. In CR it was Bond, in SF it was Moneypenny, and in SP it was (in the third act) Blofeld. Give us something new at the end.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Birdleson wrote: »
    echo wrote: »
    The last-minute reintroduction of a major character from the first continuity. In CR it was Bond, in SF it was Moneypenny, and in SP it was (in the third act) Blofeld. Give us something new at the end.

Well, I hate to bring you down, but I just saw a leaked copy of the treatment for BOND 25, and your not going to be happy. Sorry to spoil, but it's on topic, Midge is reintroduced in the epilogue. This time she's black and infirmed.

Good grief.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Just in, a revised copy has somehow landed in my lap. This time Midge was also a foster sister to Bond and Oberhauser. She and Blowers are teaming up against Bond!
    If only Hans would stop taking in all these poor orphans, and concentrate on his own son! It would have saved him a whole lot of death.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 5,979
    royale65 wrote: »
    Just in, a revised copy has somehow landed in my lap. This time Midge was also a foster sister to Bond and Oberhauser. She and Blowers are teaming up against Bond!

Bond 25 will also feature a literal catfight between Q's and Blofeld's cats, refereed by Q and a rebooted Willard Whyte. Gotta give MI6 something to do.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I get really upset whenever Bond, or anyone, just tosses his gun away when he's out of bullets. Who would do that in real life?

Actually that's a good point I hadn't really given much thought about before but I suppose it could be put down to Bond's disposable attitude to Q Branch equipment! I think it happens a lot in the Brosnan Bond films, and no doubt others.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I get really upset whenever Bond, or anyone, just tosses his gun away when he's out of bullets. Who would do that in real life?

Actually that's a good point I hadn't really given much thought about before but I suppose it could be put down to Bond's disposable attitude to Q Branch equipment! I think it happens a lot in the Brosnan Bond films, and no doubt others.

It s just like throwing your vacuum cleaner when the bag is full.
  • jbtwine84 wrote: »
    Neil Purvis or Robert Wade. Enough is enough. Time for new writers.

Totally agree.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote: »

It s just like throwing your vacuum cleaner when the bag is full.

Exactly.
    Kite surfing

Bad CGI

Poor lead actresses

Purvis & Wade

An invisible car

a BMW
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    After re-watching SP, I'll say it again for the 438th time: no more CG animals, please.
    I no longer want to turn my head in the theatre and see @Creasy47 three seats down doing his business into a paper bag. Never again.

Is it our proximity? I can move down another seat, if needed.
    I'm a gentlemen, so I'll remember that for next time!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    After re-watching SP, I'll say it again for the 438th time: no more CG animals, please.

Where were the CG animals dear Creasy?
    Maybe. Was the iguana/gecko (outside of the window in Morocco) CGI?
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883
    What about the mouse? Or the birds at Whites?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You mean that Mickey Mouse guy? He looked uncannily like Bond by the way. Could have sworn it was him.
    No wonder @Creasy47 is so pissed!
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Things I never want to see in a Bond film again, No.1 is strange unnecessary perverse lingering images up the skirt of a recently assaulted waitress. Really creeps me out every time I see Qos , I can't begin to understand why that was deemed a good idea, someone , somewhere actually drew that in a screenplay.
  • I'd prefer to see less camp, and the humor woven into the stories that does not undercut the characters.
    @yogi1, but showing breasts in a Bond film is alright? I don't see the issue with this, she has underwear on in the scene.
  • RC7RC7
    yogi1 wrote: »
    Things I never want to see in a Bond film again, No.1 is strange unnecessary perverse lingering images up the skirt of a recently assaulted waitress. Really creeps me out every time I see Qos , I can't begin to understand why that was deemed a good idea, someone , somewhere actually drew that in a screenplay.

Sorry to disappoint, but I very much doubt there was a line in the screenplay that read, CUT TO: upskirt shot of assaulted waitress.
  • RC7RC7
    I would like more perverse shots up the skirts of assaulted waitresses (and airline hostesses, etc.).

After all, there's nothing more sexy than a woman who's been assaulted.
  • RC7RC7
    edited February 2016 Posts: 10,512
    --