No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Are the US TV channels full of Waltz' Clash of Clans ads as the French TV channels are right now ? Moreoever, he has a weird dubbing in the French versions of the ads !
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited January 2016 Posts: 9,117
    timmer wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    I think it's safe to say the cat died in the blast.

Unless Blofeld and his aide took it with him/them.
    I think that's most likely. Cat goes where Blofeld goes.
    Although it does seem that cat might have got away, in YOLT volcano. It jumped out of Ernst's arms and ran off as Ernst shot Osato and prepared to kill Bond.
    Also not sure if Ernst took cat with him during Bathosub attempted escape, and weren't there two cats in DAF?
    Ernst really isn"t a responsible pet owner when you consider plight of cat in both YOLT and DAF.

Not to mention OHMSS where the last we see of it I think is when he throws it down on the desk before the ski chase.

It presumably either dies in the Piz Gloria explosion or escapes and finds its way down the mountain only to be savaged to death by the St Bernard.

Someone really ought to report Ernst to the RSPCA.
    Are the US TV channels full of Waltz' Clash of Clans ads as the French TV channels are right now ? Moreoever, he has a weird dubbing in the French versions of the ads !

Ha, I saw it in front of Star Wars on the 20th!
    There's no doubt at all now that Craig is coming back. The last two films have combined for almost 2 billion, Waltz wants to return as Blofield... it's on like Donkey Kong, folks. :P
    I wouldn't mind Waltz's return at all
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited January 2016 Posts: 7,526
    @The_Reaper I hope you're right! Would love another Dan film where he spends it fully locked in clandestine combat with Chris.
  • fjdinardo wrote: »
    Is Blofelds cat a boy or girl?

According to Bond in Diamonds are Forever it's a pussy, so...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Blofeld will return, whether Waltz returns alongside Craig or a new set of actors is picked entirely. If anything, a new actor will be brought in for 'Bond 25' and Blofeld will make a comeback to some degree during the new tenure. They didn't re-acquire the rights after all this time just to put him in SP, not kill him off, and then not have him return again.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Blofeld will return, whether Waltz returns alongside Craig or a new set of actors is picked entirely. If anything, a new actor will be brought in for 'Bond 25' and Blofeld will make a comeback to some degree during the new tenure. They didn't re-acquire the rights after all this time just to put him in SP, not kill him off, and then not have him return again.

Blofeld will certainly return that much we know.
    Now we have a better idea of his return: either both Craig and Waltz return for 'Bond 25,' or 'Bond 25' is the introduction to our newest actor to play Bond, and a new Blofeld.
  • RC7RC7
    Now we have a better idea of his return: either both Craig and Waltz return for 'Bond 25,' or 'Bond 25' is the introduction to our newest actor to play Bond, and a new Blofeld.

If it's a new Bond I believe they'll rest Blofeld.
    @RC7, for a sort of introduction into the new actor playing Bond? I could see that. Blofeld will return in the next few films, no matter what angle or re-casting they do, but you're right, I can see us having a more grounded, straight-forward type of film if a new actor comes along, with Blofeld to return in the near future for him.
    @RC7, for a sort of introduction into the new actor playing Bond? I could see that. Blofeld will return in the next few films, no matter what angle or re-casting they do, but you're right, I can see us having a more grounded, straight-forward type of film if a new actor comes along, with Blofeld to return in the near future for him.

Somehow I think the next scriptwriter will want to try his hands on Blofeld.
    We should be finding out who will direct soon right?
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Right now I am more interested about who will write the script.
    Ludovico wrote: »

That is true but for some reason i feel Neal & Robert will be involved in some way

That is true but for some reason i feel Neal & Robert will be involved in some way

Maybe. I don't dislike them as much as many people here. I would like to see someone else than Logan writing the script, that's sure.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2016 Posts: 10,588

Maybe. I don't dislike them as much as many people here. I would like to see someone else than Logan writing the script, that's sure.
    I think they deserve more credit than what they've been given around here. After all, they are the ones responsible for saving Spectre's script from some of that garbage in Logan's draft.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited January 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Delete

Yes I'm pretty sure we'll see P&W. Now P&W have said in the past like right after SF they are tapped out on Bond.

Hopefully they will elect not to return but EoN will ask.

I think they deserve more credit than what they've been given around here. After all, they are the ones responsible for saving Spectre's script from some of that garbage in Logan's draft.

Logan is overrated IMO.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Logan is overrated IMO.

Agreed + infinity
    I dont see, how anybody could even think of anybody wanting Logan back, including the prods. He left nothing but a big mess, so why on earth would he even be in consideration?
    @fjdinardo, don't see why we would, as at the absolute minimum, we're a solid year and a half, two years from filming. They may have directors in mind at this point, but from what I understand, a script isn't even being worked on yet, so I wouldn't expect an announcement for quite some time.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Lets not forget it was P&W that came up with that foster brother nonsense. Yes I know some of you are going to say it wasn't a big deal.

Well I've lost count of the amount of articles that reference this element of SPECTRE and the fact it fell flat and wasn't necessary. SPECTRE fan boys want to sell this down but I'm afraid it did allot more damage than they are willing to admit.

Also discovering everything ties together by just scanning a ring and then linking Oberhauser to Le Chiffre, Greene & Silva, utter rubbish.

On the strength of what they delivered and their so called saving of Logan's effort I say get rid of them, they've done enough damage. The same some can't understand why SF was so revered I can't understand that some of you have been sold on the half baked underwhelming mess of a film.

To be honest I'm anticipating Rogue One & Episode VIII more than the next Bond film. They are going to have to change things at EON to get me excited about future entries be it with Craig, Waltz or whoever in it. I got so pumped up for SPECTRE and actually on first viewing thought it had but by the 2nd viewing I was seeing something quite different.

I did the same with QOS but had to admit on my 2nd viewing I had been wearing my rose tinted specs. The difference I feel exactly the same about CR & SF as I did on day one. Still quality films that thrill me whenever I watch them.

QOS to be honest is about level pegging with SP for me, it certainly had allot better ending than SP, it was thrilling and dangerous, the exact opposite of the generic one in SPECTRE.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 14,840
    Are we sure P&W came up with Franz Oberhauser? That screams Logan to me and he used Oedipal stuff in many of his scripts.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I dont see, how anybody could even think of anybody wanting Logan back, including the prods. He left nothing but a big mess, so why on earth would he even be in consideration?

I remember people were really unhappy/worried when was supposed to leave. I always wondered why. He gets credited for a lot of the good things in SF, maybe rightly so, as he can write some great dialogues and sometimes even great characters. But I was never convinced by his way with plots and he does come up with the same things (the child in conflict with his father/mother/parental figure).
    Are we sure P&W came up with Franz Oberhauser? That screams Logan to me and he used Oedipal stuff in many of his scripts.
    Germanlady wrote: »

I remember people were really unhappy/worried when was supposed to leave. I always wondered why. He gets credited for a lot of the good things in SF, maybe rightly so, as he can write some great dialogues and sometimes even great characters. But I was never convinced by his way with plots and he does come up with the same things (the child in conflict with his father/mother/parental figure).

I think it was pretty much confirmed from the leaks of Logan's screenplay thread that P&W were the ones who bought this in, Logan's ESB was an African Warlord.
    The African warlord was a rubbish idea though. I mean really rubbish.
  • RC7RC7
    I was under the impression the Oberhauser/Blofeld/Bond connection was the seed of a Mendes idea.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    P&W may have come up with the step-brother link but it was Mendes who wanted them to delve into more of Bond's childhood. As Fleming experts, Mendes would've no doubt asked them if there was any material in the books that could be mined and as soon as he heard about Oberhauser and his connection to Bond he jumped on it.

edited January 2016 Posts: 4,043
    So this the foster brother, I mean really rubbish! At least it doesn't take an iconic villain and link it to Bond's past in a real awful way which this era if it carries on is forever going to be linked to and no despite what you fans of the film say that it's played down and inconsequential, it's not.

This is likely to have the same effect on the next film that QOS had on going forward it's the moment that they will looking to seriously play down if Craig and Waltz returns and they've got any sense (and that's debatable).

The irony is the Craig era came about to take away the stench of what Austin Powers had done to the series and then it ends up aping an element of that franchise. Turning an iconic villain into some petulant brat who's Daddy didn't love him enough, this appears to be the element that people are referencing mostly when the film is being discussed. All the good in the film is undermined by this and SPECTRE will be forever linked to it.

P&W or Mendes whoever neither should be anywhere near a Bond film after that and I loved Skyfall. Also we have to question why Craig thought this was a good idea, I mean I was one of his biggest advocates but if we keep getting things like this continuing the series is going to become a laughing stock.

It's funny and also tragic really I never thought I'd be saying this about a film in the Craig era but maybe it's time he moved on and a reboot might be the best option.

I want to be proved wrong but where we are at the moment, I know now how those felt who were so infuriated by Skyfall, they thought they were going to watch one of the best Bond films of the series but walked out totally deflated, well that's me with SPECTRE.