No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    We may get a proper showdown between hero & villain.
    dalton wrote: »
    I'd take it with a huge grain of salt. Been around long enough to see these types of rumors from the tabloids each time around.

There's still the distribution deal to get ironed out as well as, presumably, the search for new writers, so there's no set idea as to where they're going to take the next film anyway, let alone the next two.

It would be curious, though, if he were actually to return for two more films, as it seems like a foregone conclusion just about everywhere that Craig is only doing the next one and then moving on.

There is one other element that would be in favour of a return of Waltz: the Craig era has been so far fairly consistent with returning actors. Jesper Christensen has played his role more than once, so did Jeffrey Wright and even Judi Dench came back for a short cameo in Spectre. Granted, it's very early to tell, but still.
  • jake24 wrote: »
    Exactly. If I remember correctly, Mediamass came up with the Seydoux casting rumour and nobody thought anything of it.

It was Schmoes Knows who had the scoop of Lea Seydoux casting well before anyone.

However, since the automatic fake news generator had Lea Sedoux in its feed (and they create "is the future Bond girl" fake news for most actresses), it was used to "prove" that Schmoes Knows was wrong by some experts here.

The irony is that Lea Seydoux is still in the fake news generator, and since the bio now contains SPECTRE, one can read on Mediamass now : "French star Léa Seydoux is reportedly set to play the Bond girl in the next edition of “James Bond” franchise. The Internet is buzzing with rumors that the actress best known for her roles in Spectre, Blue Is the Warmest Colour or Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol could be cast as the female lead opposite Daniel Craig. “The producers have tried to get Léa before, but she has never been available because of other commitments,
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2016 Posts: 10,588
    jake24 wrote: »
    Exactly. If I remember correctly, Mediamass came up with the Seydoux casting rumour and nobody thought anything of it.

It was Schmoes Knows who had the scoop of Lea Seydoux casting well before anyone.

However, since the automatic fake news generator had Lea Sedoux in its feed (and they create "is the future Bond girl" fake news for most actresses), it was used to "prove" that Schmoes Knows was wrong by some experts here.

The irony is that Lea Seydoux is still in the fake news generator, and since the bio now contains SPECTRE, one can read on Mediamass now : "French star Léa Seydoux is reportedly set to play the Bond girl in the next edition of “James Bond” franchise. The Internet is buzzing with rumors that the actress best known for her roles in Spectre, Blue Is the Warmest Colour or Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol could be cast as the female lead opposite Daniel Craig. “The producers have tried to get Léa before, but she has never been available because of other commitments,
    Ah, I see. And from what I've heard those Schmoes have a proven track record.
  • "A source says". Uh-huh, moving on. Waltz may indeed return, but it'll be nothing to do with the content of this "story".
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I don't think we can take any rumour seriously until they nail down the distribution deal.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    "A source says". Uh-huh, moving on. Waltz may indeed return, but it'll be nothing to do with the content of this "story".
    Agreed. This is the same tabloid that made up the Guy Ritchie nonsense.
    Regardless, this marks the first official bond 25 rumor does it not? :D
  • RC7RC7
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »

No, the first is that Bond will return.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »

No, the first is that Bond will return.

But that's not a rumor.
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    IMHO there will be no Bond in 2017 .. No Waltz .. No Hinx .. No Lea .. And I don't know about Craig ...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    IMHO there will be no Bond in 2017 .. No Waltz .. No Hinx .. No Lea .. And I don't know about Craig ...

Uh huh. we'll see.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Excellent news if true, but take it with a grain of salt.

In this case, the Mirror is summarizing The Daily Star. So the Mirror isn't reporting this, the Daily Star is.

I hope EON confirm this summer at the very least Craigs return & possible director & release date similar to 2013.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    And I do hope we get a Summer release date, and not wait till the end of the year to see a Bond film.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I hope Waltz is back for sure. Confirmation may be awhile yet. I definitely do NOT want a rehash of OHMSS though. Different story needed for sure.
  • I hope Waltz is back for sure. Confirmation may be awhile yet. I definitely do NOT want a rehash of OHMSS though. Different story needed for sure.

Maybe he can be mad that his cat likes Bond better this time!

I am not surprised that Waltz is returning, but it does make me apprehensive they'll make some of the same mistakes they did in SP.
    Well so far it's just a rumor.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    I hope Waltz is back for sure. Confirmation may be awhile yet. I definitely do NOT want a rehash of OHMSS though. Different story needed for sure.

I've always wondered. Does Blofeld's cat have a name?

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    We have never known the name of the cat. Maybe Bond 25 could change that.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

I've always wondered. Does Blofeld's cat have a name?

You should ask this in the Question thread. And it would be interesting to know if we have any records of the various cats who played Blofeld's cat.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    I don't know the name, but they didn't make it clear that the cat is the offspring of Bond's parent's cat and that's why it was all so personal. Shame it wasn't developed more.
    Is Blofelds cat a boy or girl?
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    That cat has done terrible things before, and in Bond 25 the past will most certainly come back to haunt her. Or him.
    I think it's safe to say the cat died in the blast.

Unless Blofeld and his aide took it with him/them.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    We have never known the name of the cat. Maybe Bond 25 could change that.

His name is Dr. No.
    jake24 wrote: »

Unless Blofeld and his aide took it with him/them.
    I think that's most likely. Cat goes where Blofeld goes.
    Although it does seem that cat might have got away, in YOLT volcano. It jumped out of Ernst's arms and ran off as Ernst shot Osato and prepared to kill Bond.
    Also not sure if Ernst took cat with him during Bathosub attempted escape, and weren't there two cats in DAF?
    Ernst really isn"t a responsible pet owner when you consider plight of cat in both YOLT and DAF.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Funny guys
    edited January 2016 Posts: 10,588
    This thread derailed quickly.