Is On her Majesites Secret Service a christmas film?

Comments

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I plan to watch it on Christmas Day this year, which I don't believe I've ever done before. I've watched it in December before, of course, and it felt appropriate. However, with this winter being so mild, we don't have any snow on the ground and I'm wondering how that might affect this viewing. I'm sure I'll still love it.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I suppose it is, but OHMSS never really felt like a Christmas movie to me.

Most of the action is set at Christmas, or around Christmastime, it has a Christmas tree, presents, snow, it even has its own Christmas song. What more does it need?
    I've never thought of it as a Christmas movie, but you guys are making a good case that it is.Perhaps I'll make it a new tradition to watch it around Christmas time.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Ludovico wrote: »

Most of the action is set at Christmas, or around Christmastime, it has a Christmas tree, presents, snow, it even has its own Christmas song. What more does it need?

I know, but despite all of that, it just doesn't feel like a "Christmas" movie to me.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

I know, but despite all of that, it just doesn't feel like a "Christmas" movie to me.

How about TWINE?

How about TWINE?

Certainly not. :))
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    You forget that Christmas comes only once a year...

How about TWINE?

Because it has Christmas and Turkey?

How about TWINE?

Because it has Christmas and Turkey?

And DAF has the mashed potatoes. I'm hungry now. :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    It also has quite a bit of Ham, in it too. :D

There's no suppose about it, it is a xmas film, you only have to watch the film to realise this.

:-O
    mepal1 wrote: »

There's no suppose about it, it is a xmas film, you only have to watch the film to realise this.

I have watched the film, many many times and love it, but it just doesn't feel like it to me. It is but doesn't feel like it if that makes sense.

I have watched the film, many many times and love it, but it just doesn't feel like it to me. It is but doesn't feel like it if that makes sense.

Yes, i do know what you mean, coz you are watching the film from a Bond story point of view. BUT it is actually xmas time in the film.

:)
    So are we now saying that its only appropriate to watch ohmss at christmas time because that is the case with all other proper christmas films.
    yogi1 wrote: »
    So are we now saying that its only appropriate to watch ohmss at christmas time because that is the case with all other proper christmas films.

Don't be silly 'yogi'.
    :)

What more do you need? Father Christmas? Reindeers?

Ohmss is perfect how it is. I don't need anything.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Risico007 wrote: »

So it is fairy tale for you? That and Jesus?

Well of course Jesus is a fairy tale. Don't tell me there's some people out there who think it's all true?

I do believe the entire biblical narrative cover to cover and would love to discuss it with you privately if you want.

Nice to see a fellow Christian around here.

Well of course Jesus is a fairy tale. Don't tell me there's some people out there who think it's all true?

I do believe the entire biblical narrative cover to cover and would love to discuss it with you privately if you want.

I second this :)
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain

I think the bold was rather 'in jest'... :>
    I always try to watch it ever year in Xmas eve so yea I kinda of consider it a Xmas movie
    The Bible is allegory, amazing to have to explain this sometimes. Merry christmas guys. :>
    Al Gore eh ? When did he get the time to write it ? :D
    Al Gore eh ? When did he get the time to write it ? :D

It was before he invented the internet and global warning.
    Global warming is a life style choice :D
    Lol you guys are funny. I don't mind whatever your view is. Al Gore belongs to global warming thats for sure and no doubt about it I beliebe we have a post on that very subject somewhere here
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    The Bible is allegory, amazing to have to explain this sometimes. Merry christmas guys. :>

An allegory for what? At least we know Bond is an allegory for St. George.
    What is a Majesite, anyway? Any link to that site?
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    They feed off the Queen.

Ohmss is perfect how it is. I don't need anything.

I mean for you to consider it a Christmas movie.