Is On her Majesites Secret Service a christmas film?

1235»

Comments

I'am seriously worried about some members here, firstly you didn't realize that OHMSS was a Xmas film, now you don't even know what side of the road to drive on. Blinkin heck! :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I always drive on the right side, regardless of country.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I just drive in the middle. :D
    I always drive on the right side, regardless of country.

I just knew you @Thunderfinger would come back with a smart ass answer, and you didn't let me down. :D
    I just drive in the middle. :D

Oh, so you are the nutter that drives in the middle of the road, i always wondered who that was! ;)
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 2,107
    Yeah, it's a Christmas Bond. Just like Batman Returns are Christmas Batman. Maybe those both aren't a feel good Christmas movies, but I tend to watch Both of them just around the holidays.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Only just spotted this today but at the end of OHMSS is Bond driving on the wrong side of the road ?

He's driving on the left ( normal for a car in the UK) then waves on a following car to overtake him on the
    Right ? ( at a very bad, blind right turn by the way ). All fine for the UK, but isn't he in Portugal ? So shouldn't he
    Be Driving on the right and waving cars on to overtake him on the left ? I notice even Blofeld's car is also a
    right hand drive model.
    It's funny what you pick up on after a few hundred viewings :))

Tremendous spot Sir!

So I guess it's a bit hypocritical of Bond to blame Blofeld so much for killing Tracy as if they'd carried on it would only have been a matter of time before Bond's failure to read the RAC's guide for driving on the continent would have resulted in a head on collision sending her straight through the windscreen (because this being the 60s I'm 99% sure she wasn't wearing a seatbelt).

'We have all the time in the world'?

Not when you drive like such a dick James.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :))
    Helps explain Blofeld's actions as he's obviously from the Institute of Advanced Motorists
    And is so enraged by Bond's lax attitude. Could speed cameras also be part of
    Blofeld's evil plan ? ;)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    :))
    Helps explain Blofeld's actions as he's obviously from the Institute of Advanced Motorists
    And is so enraged by Bond's lax attitude. Could speed cameras also be part of
    Blofeld's evil plan ? ;)

If SPECTRE have a scheme to rid the roads of cyclists (preferably using some sort of nerve gas or nuclear annihilation) then I'm ready to sign up for my red boiler suit and serve the cause.

And you'd like to think Bond as a the driver of a petrol guzzling Aston would turn a blind eye to SPECTRE's dastardly scheme on this occasion.

I mean seriously has anyone tried to drive around Vauxhall one way system since Boris's new cycle lanes have taken half the road space? Absolute joke.

Next election for London mayor and anyone who stands on a ticket of shooting cyclists in the back of the head Gestapo style gets my vote even if they are a communist or sodding ISIS!

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    If I didn't know better, I say you were Jeremy Clarkson old chap
  • GBFGBF
    Saw OHMSS recently and one question came to my mind. Is OHMSS actually taking place at Christmas? I mean, of Course there are these presents, the Christmas tree and Blofeld says "Merry Christmas 007" but I remember the first part of the film taking place in September. At least this is written on the callender in Draco's office. I think there is an easy explanation but I am not aware of it in the moment.
    [
    GBF wrote: »
    Saw OHMSS recently and one question came to my mind. Is OHMSS actually taking place at Christmas? I mean, of Course there are these presents, the Christmas tree and Blofeld says "Merry Christmas 007" but I remember the first part of the film taking place in September. At least this is written on the callender in Draco's office. I think there is an easy explanation but I am not aware of it in the moment.

Maybe the Bond/Tracy montage is supposed to cover the next few months in the story? It's a while since I've seen it, but isn't it winter by the time that Bond goes to the College of Arms?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The stock car race is on new year s eve.
  • GBFGBF
    It is probably winter, but there should be snow also in octobre or November. Maybe the Bond Tracy montage covers a few month but wasn't Bond on holidays only for two weeks. Maybe it was winter all the time and the calender was wrong but f so it is interesting that the hotel in Portugal still had so many guests and the also the other sequences do not really make me think that it is actually winter. I had a similair feeling when I was watching FYEO. I never understood in which season the film actually takes place since you had sequneces in very sunny and cold locations at the same time. I don't know whether there is a period of the year when you can go swimming in Greece and at the same time skiing in Italy.
    @GDF I think the scenes in Portugal are before winter. In the Italian alps it's pretty snowy all year round.