Realistic & Serious Story Ideas for Bond 25 (...to be used by EON Productions Ltd.??)

Comments

• edited November 2015 Posts: 4,599
    what? the USA? :)
    (PS I have drones and a Le Mans sequence in my own script that I will put up once all of the SP dust has died down)
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    RC7 wrote: »
    patb wrote: »
    F1 would not work in the USA,
    with the reviews re have so far . Bond shouldbe heading out to race a Nacar!

Screw that. It's about as glamorous as him eating a deep fried mars bar.

But why show the glamour and glitz of the super rich in Monaco when you can have Bond dodging hot-dog vendors and Bud Light stands in Indianapolis ha ha

• AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    F1 would not work in the USA,
    with the reviews re have so far . Bond shouldbe heading out to race a Nacar!

Screw that. It's about as glamorous as him eating a deep fried mars bar.

But why show the glamour and glitz of the super rich in Monaco when you can have Bond dodging hot-dog vendors and Bud Light stands in Indianapolis ha ha

Oh no, images of Ricky Bobby in Bond... the horror @-)
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited November 2015 Posts: 805
    dragonsky wrote: »

Interesting read. I can't help but think though that it may have been far more interesting if SP showed us a world where drones were being used to gather intelligence and enforce security rather than tell us the dangers of doing so...

• TokyToky The Netherlands
    edited November 2015 Posts: 8
    Well due to the ending in Spectre, I can only see it going in two directions, either way another actor is going to play Bond, or with Daniel: in the opening scene they will close the spectre ending and after the title sequence will give him a new mission. I wouldn't mind the first one since
    I wouldn't be a big fan of having Madeleine killed.

If they go with the second I would let it start all romantic and calmly in the alps again around Christmas time.
    We see Bond and Madeleine skiing down the alps and afterwards cuddle up in front of the fireplace. Setting up some time to explore the relationship between them. Then they decide they want to go strolling around a busy christmas market in an Austrian village and have dinner. Lots of people there. They arrive on a sleigh ride. We see some suspicious people there as well/spectre agents. While Bond is helping Madeleine get out of the sleigh, we see one of the spectre agents secretly pulling a gun in between the crowd and shooting her. Making her to fall death in Bonds arms. Otherwise than Bond no-one seems to notice, due to it being al crowded there. And Bond panicky looks around but can't see anyone between all the people. Then the title sequence begins. After that Bond decides to go back to work and M will give him a new mission. Not knowing that it will be again linked to Spectre and Blofeld.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It appears I happen to be the only one in here who opposes to the assassination of Madeleine.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 1,727
    It appears I happen to be the only one in here who opposes to the assassination of Madeleine.

Humour me, if you will, but why does Swann have to be in the bloody thing to start with?!

Hows about - an undefined period of time has passed and 007 is single & back in service... later on in the film he can encounter Swann again if needs be. Far more atmospheric and dramatic than them living some cosy life at the beginning of B25...
    edited November 2015 Posts: 15,423
    AceHole wrote: »

Humour me, if you will, but why does Swann have to be in the bloody thing to start with?!

Hows about - an undefined period of time has passed and 007 is single & back in service... later on in the film he can encounter Swann again if needs be. Far more atmospheric and dramatic than them living some cosy life at the beginning of B25...
    That's my point. We don't really need another tragedy to occur in Bond's life, nor another Tracy spin on a character to motivate Bond with revenge after going through melancholy. I thought we've gotten over that. Why not a straightforward Bond adventure rather than having him go rogue, again? Or have difficulty in finding the right shape to fit in the secret service? In the last few films, Bond has been anything but a spy, as it's been a long time he has gone undercover, taking on an identity to infiltrate the enemy's organization, for instance.

That's my point. We don't really need another tragedy to occur in Bond's life, nor another Tracy spin on a character to motivate Bond with revenge after going through melancholy. I thought we've gotten over that. Why not a straightforward Bond adventure rather than having him go rogue, again? Or have difficulty in finding the right shape to fit in the secret service? In the last few films, Bond has been anything but a spy, as it's been a long time he has gone undercover, taking on an identity to infiltrate the enemy's organization, for instance.

Right you are then. I just find the whole idea of forcing an immediate sequel to SP's ending very tedious.

Swann could be used as a great plot device - Bond runs in to her whilst trying to uncover information halfway through the film and convinces her to help him, Raiders Of The Lost Ark style...
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    My thoughts on some of the ideas so far:

Space - Definitely not. Can't think of one decent reason why Bond would need to pull on his astronaut suit again. Perhaps when commercial space travel is actually a thing but for now let's keep this one in 'orbit'.

Formula 1 - Can't really see this being the basis for a film but certainly a scene. Perhaps a PTS set in Monaco with Bond getting involved in a car chase when the Grand Prix is on.

Garden of Death - However much I'd love to see this unused YOLT material, I think it would be very tricky to pull off. Suicide clinics and multiplex crowds do not good bed-fellows make. I did quite like the suggestion of people being booked into the clinic but never being seen again though which could work. Perhaps M could ask a personal favour and get Bond to track say, a friend's daughter there, to investigate what's going on before it expanding into something bigger.

A few things from today's news that I think could be good to feature:

Warzone/Civil unrest/Revolution In a time when we've had the Arab Spring and revolution in places like Ukraine, I think this could be a really tense and dramatic back-drop to a Bond mission. Probably have to set it in a fiction country as to not get too political.

Piracy Not the 'aaargh Jim Lad' type but the stuff that's going on off the coast of Somalia. A Royal navy ship goes missing with some top-secret tech and Bond is sent off to find out who's trying to sell it. As an added bonus, the nearby incredibly weird island of Socotra would be an amazing place for a lair...

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Socotra,+Yemen/@12.5066546,53.3593626,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x3db6a3302ac94bf1:0x850a7ddff0ac426b

Drones If EON really wanted to update the MR source material what about a rich benefactor supplying the UK (or Europe) with it's own fleet of high-tech security drones. Obviously he's a bad un', cheats at Scrabble and the like. I'd love to see a scene where perhaps a drone strike has been ordered on an area that Bond is in and he has to complete his mission and get out in time (nice nod to TND PTS).

Eon tends to take the villain's plot from the headlines a few years before the film: SF was Assange, SP is Snowden. This means the events happening now or next year will probably influence the villain's plot in Bond 25: Putin, anyone?
    As has been mentioned here: if EoN stubbornly refuse to go down the route of a straightforward mission and, like a small child with OCD, simply have to have a personal angle crow-barred into the story - then at least have 007 out on some kind of mission for M, in the spirit of FYEO(novel)

Right you are then. I just find the whole idea of forcing an immediate sequel to SP's ending very tedious.

Swann could be used as a great plot device - Bond runs in to her whilst trying to uncover information halfway through the film and convinces her to help him, Raiders Of The Lost Ark style...
    I am all for this. Have her character being in a good use that helps Bond fulfill his assignment rather than just being a subplot that mirrors something the public thought in general speaks of. The Tracy Dilemma. There are far greater ideas to occupy instead of injecting old historical rehearsals. Madeleine could be Bond's outside help as he is on the inside of the British Intelligence. It's as simple as that.
  • TokyToky The Netherlands

I agree with above that another 'tragedy' would not be the most great thing to happen. However, as I see it, that's the direction they wrote Spectre into. It's not believable if Madeleine would suddenly disappear from the radar. Daniel Graig's Bond is not the Bond in which they would do such a thing. At the end of Spectre James literally throws away his gun and choses for the Bond girl. Why would he than shove her to a side after already loosing so many women. Madeleine even says the three words in the movie.(although the relationship was poorly written) As I see it, it doesn't matter how big her part would be, it all would feel like a continuation. (so therefore I also believe she will get the bullet)

Therefore I wouldn't mind a new actor, even though I love Daniel Graig as Bond. I feel like the last movies were a bit repetitive and there are still too many loose ends.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited November 2015 Posts: 2,138

I am all for this. Have her character being in a good use that helps Bond fulfill his assignment rather than just being a subplot that mirrors something the public thought in general speaks of. The Tracy Dilemma. There are far greater ideas to occupy instead of injecting old historical rehearsals. Madeleine could be Bond's outside help as he is on the inside of the British Intelligence. It's as simple as that.

I would rather Bond travel to the US and seeks Lucia's help, she after all must know more about Spectre, enough they wanted her dead immediately after her husband's funeral. This way we can have Felix back.

I would rather Bond travel to the US and seeks Lucia's help, she after all must know more about Spectre, enough they wanted her dead immediately after her husband's funeral. This way we can have Felix back.
    I'd love that, too. See? There are far better ideas than injecting OHMSS's ending, again.
    If you want a dramatic/romantic angle in B25 you must first make the audience invest emotionally in the characters. Without this, any attempt at drama falls flat.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    In QOS Guy Haines "An advisor to the PM" is firmly routed in Quantum. Now when they were making the computer game the company producing the game were given the story board so that the game would be ready around the same time as the film. In the game Bond pulls up a stately home (Haines ) he enters with a silencer PPK and discovers white and Haines together, Bond proceeds to terminate the two. However in the film version of QOS they changed the ending to Bond catching up with Vespers boyfriend as you well known. Which was great as it gave Mr white's character a chance to return. But what happened to Haines? surely when Bond was debriefed following the events of QOS Haynes was either arrested or disappeared. Give Bond a mission let him go after the remaining members of the organisation.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited November 2015 Posts: 5,921
    As has been mentioned here: if EoN stubbornly refuse to go down the route of a straightforward mission and, like a small child with OCD, simply have to have a personal angle crow-barred into the story - then at least have 007 out on some kind of mission for M, in the spirit of FYEO(novel)

Agreed. Or MR. The Blades cards sequence is probably the best remaining unused Fleming sequence out there.
    Re locations I have always thought that the tennis at wimbledon would be a good location
    Typically english, historic and recognisable globally, the royal box is always full of politicians and industrialists waiting to be assasinated and the narrow outide courts chock full of fans would make a great enviroment for a chase scene
    echo wrote: »

Agreed. Or MR. The Blades cards sequence is probably the best remaining unused Fleming sequence out there.

Frankly, I'm astounded that the whole Blades chapter hasn't been used yet. It has so much potential for setting Bond up against his nemesis in classic style.
    And Bond 'bonding' with Fiennes' M a little outside of office hours? Now there's a lip-smackingly yum idea.
  • RC7RC7
    Re locations I have always thought that the tennis at wimbledon would be a good location
    Typically english, historic and recognisable globally, the royal box is always full of politicians and industrialists waiting to be assasinated and the narrow outide courts chock full of fans would make a great enviroment for a chase scene

Certainly better than the Midsomer Murders cricket match in CR, which was thankfully cut. I could see Wimbledon working.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

Certainly better than the Midsomer Murders cricket match in CR, which was thankfully cut. I could see Wimbledon working.

what about the British Open - Golf? :)
  • RC7RC7
    HASEROT wrote: »

what about the British Open - Golf? :)

Certainly. Both of these would work imo.
    Wimbledon & Bond? Please no. Perhaps you want DC to snog Sue Barker while he's at it?
  • RC7RC7
    Wimbledon & Bond? Please no. Perhaps you want DC to snog Sue Barker while he's at it?

Could definitely work. Needs some aesthetic tweaking but it's feasible.

What, Bond at the tennis or shagging Sue? :D
  • RC7RC7

What, Bond at the tennis or shagging Sue? :D

They aren't mutually exclusive.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2015 Posts: 4,399
  • SeanoSeano Minnesota. No, it's not always cold.
    If SPECTRE and Blofeld are to return, then show the true power of the organization. Blofeld -- instead of being broken out of prison -- walks out a free man after threatening to dump all of his information the crooked officials in the Nine Eyes countries Wikileaks-style. He disappears. Some time later, MI6 gets reports of mysterious happenings around a medical clinic on one of the outer Japanese islands where British citizens are going (and not coming back).