Realistic & Serious Story Ideas for Bond 25 (...to be used by EON Productions Ltd.??)

13468938

Comments

  • IronCrabIronCrab Northamptonshire
    Posts: 16
    Big Ben has been used in many films but I still think it would be a fitting location for the climax of a Bond film. The Empire State Building has been used in thousands of films but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be used in any more.
  • Posts: 3,963
    OK, how about the top of the London Eye on New Years Eve?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    Shanghai Knights, anyone?
  • IronCrabIronCrab Northamptonshire
    Posts: 16
    Not seen it. Does it include a scene on Big Ben?
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 1,068
    Do we need Bond to be London centric all the time? There are other cool places in the world that will welcome Bond - thank you Mexico City
  • IronCrabIronCrab Northamptonshire
    Posts: 16
    Yes I know many films have been based in London lately. But I suppose I am writing what I know. And London is key to the plot of my idea, as it is about overthrowing the British Government.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    IronCrab wrote: »
    Not seen it. Does it include a scene on Big Ben?
    Indeed, the final clash and sword fight between Jackie Chan and Aidan Gillen takes place right on top of Big Ben behind the clock. Great scene.
  • IronCrabIronCrab Northamptonshire
    Posts: 16
    As I say, I don't that other films preclude the House of Commons featuring in a Bond film, but there would need to be some effort to ensure it was done in an original way.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 25
    What's the feeling towards spoilers in this thread? I have some ideas for Bond 25/26 direction, but they involve giving away big chunks of SPECTRE. I could just
    hide
    them, but don't want to tempt anyone trying to go in blind whenever the film opens in their country.
  • IronCrabIronCrab Northamptonshire
    Posts: 16
    Well I would like to hear your ideas, so I suggest you use the spoilers to hide anything that may give too much away.
  • IronCrabIronCrab Northamptonshire
    Posts: 16
    andmcit wrote: »
    Do we need Bond to be London centric all the time? There are other cool places in the world that will welcome Bond - thank you Mexico City

    The reason I am specifically mentioning Big Ben is because the plan is to remove the government and the monarchy in one fell swoop. I am not saying to use the House of Commons because it would make a cool back drop. It is absolutely key to the plot. But perhaps other countries need to be included more in the rest of the story.

  • edited November 2015 Posts: 821
    echoes of Scaramanga, but these new solar farms are cool and would be a good location for a fight - like the dish in GE

    http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/video/aerial-view-of-solar-thermal-power-plant-stock-video-footage/160876044
  • IronCrabIronCrab Northamptonshire
    Posts: 16
    Matt007 wrote: »
    echoes of Scaramanga, but these new solar farms are cool and would be a good location for a fight - like the dish in GE

    http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/video/aerial-view-of-solar-thermal-power-plant-stock-video-footage/160876044

    That looks amazing. Really good idea

  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited November 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Bond 25 -

    PTS - Gun barrel expands PTS Blofeld being taken armoured security on to a private jet mid air hijack (probably rip off Dark Knight Rises). (Being extradited to the US, but we don't find this out until later)


    Scene 1 just married on the back of the DB5 on winding road in Italy. Bond and Madeleine on Honeymoon at the lakes, they pulled up and sit by the water cuddling, he's joking after resigning his service that he wants to move in to her field of psychology because he had her all worked out from the first moment he saw her.

    Bond "It's getting chilly, shall we eat",
    she says "great, ok, I left my shoes at the end of the pier, let me just get them and we can head back to the hotel and get ready, he kisses her she walks away looking back at him smiling mouthing the words "I love you and giggling" She's half way there Bond shout I am going to heat up the car. As he turns his back you see Madeleine blow open and her fall in to the water.

    Bond realises the shot came from up on the hill. He runs over and realises he can do nothing for Madeleine and makes for the car. He pursues the vehicle and catches up with it by ramming it the road flipping both the DB5 so we don't need to see it again for a while. Bond crawl out, and over to the other vehicle the assassin is inside and upside dowdy, there is petrol pouring from tank down on the front seats. Bond says "Tell me who your working for, I will help you, the man laughs and says "Cuckoo" before the cigarette lighter pops out igniting the car.

    Scene 1. funeral Bond is drunk, He has Mallory by the throat demanding to know where Blofeld is being held. Mallory calms him down and informs Bond the government done a deal with the Americans for Blofeld to be tried in the US as they could go for the death penalty, however while transferring him the flight went missing from Radar nobody know what happened or where he is 009 is working on it. Bond is angry "Why was I not told". Mallory is was "Need to know, you resigned your commission, therefore you were not privy to that information. Even though I wanted to, I could not tell you". Bond "I take it back" Mallory "Take back what? "my resignation" Mallory "Impossible". Bond " I have never let you down, twice you doubted me and it was me who saved your a%s$, iv'e brought him in once, and you know I am the only man capable of doing it again. Your just going to have to trust me" Mallory "your not going to let this lie are you, if I say no your just going to go off and do what the hell you like, at least if I have you onside I can have some control over the whole dam mess". Bond "So I am back in" Mallory "yes, my office tomorrow morning, but one thing tidy yourself up man"

    Scene 2 -England -Bond following Day M's office - Introduced to 009 (Female) she gets Bond up to speed with what she has learned so far. Bond will try to ditch 009 as he knows 009 is about bringing Blofeld back in and Bond knows when he finds him he is going to kill him and she will only get in his way. So we will have her appearing again at someone point having caught up with him.

    Bond heads to the US and pumps Lucia for more information. During this it will be disclosed she had been tipping off MI6 (Dame Judi's M) about her husband. geoffrey Wright back as Felix has a bigger role he will be a bit more of a Mathis character to Bond keeping him level headed. Lucia mentions how her husband used to receive his order from Mr Haines, Bond says "what Guy Haines?" Lucia "he was Quantum's banker and Blofeld's right hand man, Lucia "if you find Haines you may find something which leads you to Blofeld". Q confirms to Bond that Haines last movements were in Jamaica after resigning from he resigned his post in government when he was implicated by the evidence on the Ring Bond acquired from Marco Sciarra. By them time they could build up a case against him he fled the country, Interpol have been alerted, last partial sighting in the Maldives, there is no extradition. Bond takes a chance he finds Haines he executes Haines removes the ring from his Finger, Q analysis it but is just rows of Numbers, But Bond knows their Banking account details, but furthermore Swiss accounts.

    Q informs Bond, he can't access without being on the banks internal mainframe. Bond travels to Switzerland with a Q adapted Smart phone with what he needs (this is where we pay homage to OHMSS) Bond access the transaction, it shows the monies for all Spectre activities. He notices a significant amount for land purchase "Marshall Island" within the last year. He researches the purchase further purchased in the name the company name Euro Rehabs. A Google search claim its where the rich go to detox and have expensive SPA treatment, however there are currently 3 wealthy America missing who attended the centre in an associated new articles who there family have not heard anything from in over 4 months and their personal wealth has disappeared without trace.

    Rich people believe they are attending the worlds most expensive and exclusive detox centre in the world. When they get there they are drugged, forced to transfer their wealth and then murdered.

    Bond realises Euro Rehabs (is an anagram of Oberhauser




    Show down location where Blofeld is hiding big Dr No style location 15n9cet.jpg


    Very much still in the thought process, but story mine copyright blah blah! I hope you like the concept.

  • Posts: 3,963
    Sorry, you wife has THE idea, stick with that,
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Posts: 2,138
    patb wrote: »
    Sorry, you wife has THE idea, stick with that,

    Patb she will be gloating with that post HAHA!
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts: 4,116
    patb wrote: »
    Sorry, you wife has THE idea, stick with that,

    Patb she will be gloating with that post HAHA!

    Lol it's ok ..I have no clear ideas myself so I'm in no position to judge.

    But sorry I still kinda sway toward your wife's outline too.



  • edited November 2015 Posts: 3,963
    I need to watch SP again to ensure that there is nothing in there to prevent the idea from working. I think the weak point is Mr White's role - did he know?, I think we have to assume he did not. Once we see her with Bond, I think it all works from there.
    Cant discuss in more detail as it would involve spoilers
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited November 2015 Posts: 2,138
    patb wrote: »
    I need to watch SP again to ensure that there is nothing in there to prevent the idea from working. I think the weak point is Mr White's role - did he know?, I think we have to assume he did not. Once we see her with Bond, I think it all works from there.
    Cant discuss in more detail as it would involve spoilers
    White said to Bond "I always thought death would wear a familiar face" Madeleines?

    What happened to Madeleines mother, it's only mentioned her mother and father still went to L'america every year even after they divorced. Blofeld would have to know Bond could get Madeleine out the building on time. So SPECTRE would need leverage over Madeleine for her to now turn on Bond. Maybe the mother is the key to her shifting against Bond. Maybe Lucia is Madeleines mother?
  • Posts: 3,963
    I want to discuss but these are spoilers
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Posts: 2,138
    patb wrote: »
    I want to discuss but these are spoilers

    All speculation unless you know something then if that's the case PM me
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 25
    OK, here's my Bond 25 idea, based on a Bond script I wrote in sixth form, also a part-adaptation of one of the hitherto mostly untouched novels. It's concealed for spoilers because IT GIVES AWAY MOST OF SPECTRE FROM THE VERY FIRST LINE, so don't even glimpse unless you've seen the movie or don't care.
    Title is either SHATTERHAND or OUBLIETTE

    (Gunbarrel)

    Blofeld/Oberhauser is being transported by train to a maximum security prison. En-route, the train is intercepted by a helicopter assault team and Blofeld freed.

    (Title sequence)

    Meanwhile, Bond is living a peaceful life under an alias in Jamaica, working as the head of Section J, with Madeleine. There are signs of him growing restless. Moneypenny, on leave as British Intelligence is regrouped in the wake in the Nine Eyes affair, meets Bond at his house with Madeleine and informs him of Blofeld's escape. Before Moneypenny leaves, the house is attacked by gunmen. Bond, Madeleine and Moneypenny defend the house, but Moneypenny takes a bullet and they take her to the hospital. The gunmen were locals and Bond sneaks into the home of the dominant Kingston posse leader and interrogates him. The leader is killed by a sniper before he can reveal anything. Bond accesses the leader's computer and bank account, finding a large recent transaction from a Japanese bank. Bond escapes following a chase through the Kingston streets. At the last moment, he is saved by Madeleine, whom he had arranged to meet as a getaway.

    Moneypenny arranges for Bond and Madeleine to be transferred via private plane to a new, safer location. M 'recruits' Bond on a freelance basis via video conference en-route. Despite Bond's reservations, Madeleine convinces him to go, knowing it is the only way they will ever be safe. The plane drops Bond off in Japan, where he meets his contact, a brash Australian called Henderson. Bond and Henderson scout out the bank and Bond uses his own name in a meeting with the posse leader's accountant in order to provoke a reaction. Henderson takes Bond for a night of heavy drinking, but the bar they visit is attacked. Using improvised molotov cocktails, Bond and Henderson fight their way out, but are arrested immediately afterwards.

    To Bond's surprise, he and Henderson are taken to a tea house where they meet Tetsu 'The Tigress' Tanaka, the Head of Japanese intelligence, whose attention was drawn to their presence in Japan by their behaviour at the bank. She delights in putting the two injured, drunk men through the delicate tea ceremony as she questions them. Tigress sends Henderson away and takes Bond under her wing, though chastises him for drunkenly eyeing up one of the geisha. The two travel together to a small village on the coast, going by boat to remain inconspicuous. On the way, Bond's wallet is stolen. Bond pursues the thief and fights him off, but is wounded in the process. The thief escapes into the water. Tigress says the thief was a black dragon, an underground sect of mercenary ninjas. She warns Bond that his enemy now knows for sure he is coming.

    Tigress reveals the village is a secret training camp. Bond heals and is given training. He and Tigress philosophise over fate, with Bond troubled by his struggle to settle down with Madeleine. Tigress says people can never change who they are, even when given a chance at a second life - just as she chose her career over having a family. She reveals she believes the man Bond is looking for is the same as one who recently arrived in Japan, who has been growing an exotic garden of deadly flora in a castle laboratory on an island off the coast. Japanese intelligence became aware of the castle because of a large number of suicides washing ashore, demonstrating symptoms of usual poisons. The owner, Dr. Guntram Shatterhand, has cooperated with all investigations and not officially committed any crime, though his garden contains flowers whose pollen can be used to create chemical weapons, which Tigress believes are being sold to nationalist groups linked to recent bombings. After Bond confirms via photo that the man is Blofeld, he agrees to kill him.

    With Bond's training complete, Tigress takes him to a fishing village near the offshore volcanic island where Blofeld's castle is located. A local fisherwoman, Kasumi Suzuki, takes Bond in as he prepares and loans him her boat. Kasumi, who is lonely, takes a shine to Bond, though he rebuffs her, remembering Madeleine. At night, Kasumi rows him to the island and Bond climbs up to the castle. He sneaks through Blofeld's garden, where he witnesses various horrific suicides, but is captured as he tries to kill Blofeld, who is wearing samurai armour to protect himself. As Blofeld prepares to have Bond killed, he reveals that he is not, in fact, the real Blofeld or creator of SPECTRE, but a stand-in hired to use his vendetta and familial knowledge of Bond to defeat him following the events of Casino and Quantum. The real Blofeld is still out there. He was also the one who sent the hit-team after Bond in Jamaica, having had his men track Moneypenny. Bond escapes capture and battles Blofeld, who is still wearing full samurai armour. As a result of Bond's earlier activities, the island begins to erupt. Bond kills Blofeld with his katana and hurries to escape, but is knocked on the head by a rock from the exploding castle. He tumbles into the sea, where Kasumi is secretly waiting and saves his life.

    Kasumi takes Bond back to her house, but finds he has completely lost his memory. She hides Bond and deflects inquiries from Tigress and her agents. As Bond recovers, he grows closer to Kasumi, who does not know about Madeleine, and consummates the relationship. One day, Bond finds the hidden personal items that Kasumi had saved for him before his trip to the castle. They spark a memory, inspiring him to go to London. Kasumi tearfully lets him leave, keeping from him the result of a pregnancy test she recently took. As Bond departs the house on the road to Tokyo, we intercut with a memorial service for Bond taking place in London, attended by Madeleine, M, Moneypenny, Q and Felix. As Bond looks back, possibly considering abandoning his trip and returning to Kasumi, we see M give a speech echoing Tigress' earlier words about fate. As M's speech concludes and we see Madeleine crying, Bond turns away and begins his long journey home. As he walks, Nancy Sinatra's theme to 'You Only Live Twice' picks up as we cut to black and the credits.
    (SPECTRE viewers will note I've retconned Oberhauser into not being the real Blofeld/founder of SPECTRE, though he is still Bond's foster brother. I hated that part of the movie with a passion, and Blofeld used stand-ins in Diamonds Are Forever, so I'd say it's a legit call for the worthy cause of extracting Bond from the idiotic situation of being both superspy and brother to the founder of the biggest criminal organisation in the world. It also means the real Blofeld isn't motivated by petty spite, another improvement.)
  • DariusDarius UK
    edited November 2015 Posts: 354

    Rich people believe they are attending the worlds most expensive and exclusive detox centre in the world. When they get there they are drugged, forced to transfer their wealth and then murdered.

    Bond realises Euro Rehabs (is an anagram of Oberhauser

    Looks like any other regular detox clinic to me, except that the "murder" phase takes a lot longer.

    Seriously, this looks like a workable idea, but if I were you, I'd leave out the anagram. This sort of smart referencing is too obvious and overused. Other examples being A descendent of Dracula called Alucard in the Hammer franchise, and the name Torchwood as a Doctor Who spin-off.
  • Shark_0f_LargoShark_0f_Largo Lancashire, UK
    Posts: 4,151
    Just found this, something I didn't know about. Providing we get nothing like this we should be fine.

    http://www.techtimes.com/articles/97631/20151103/worst-james-bond-movie-time-never-actually-happened.htm
  • MyNameIsMyBondRnMyNameIsMyBondRn WhereYouLeastExpectMeToBe
    Posts: 221
    Just found this, something I didn't know about. Providing we get nothing like this we should be fine.

    http://www.techtimes.com/articles/97631/20151103/worst-james-bond-movie-time-never-actually-happened.htm

    "Octo-Prostate" (Jay Leno) (The Lost Bond) at gamesradar.com
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited November 2015 Posts: 9,021
    Not really sure what I can write without spoiling so I be careful and have certain things in spoiler tags!

    As SP is TSWLM Bond25 must be MR, bring
    Bautista
    back, let him fall in love with a small woman with golden locks.
    Oberhauser
    flees to his hidden space station, Bond follows him with the daughter of Dr. Goodhead.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    Xandaca wrote: »
    OK, here's my Bond 25 idea, based on a Bond script I wrote in sixth form, also a part-adaptation of one of the hitherto mostly untouched novels. It's concealed for spoilers because IT GIVES AWAY MOST OF SPECTRE FROM THE VERY FIRST LINE, so don't even glimpse unless you've seen the movie or don't care.
    Title is either SHATTERHAND or OUBLIETTE

    (Gunbarrel)

    Blofeld/Oberhauser is being transported by train to a maximum security prison. En-route, the train is intercepted by a helicopter assault team and Blofeld freed.

    (Title sequence)

    Meanwhile, Bond is living a peaceful life under an alias in Jamaica, working as the head of Section J, with Madeleine. There are signs of him growing restless. Moneypenny, on leave as British Intelligence is regrouped in the wake in the Nine Eyes affair, meets Bond at his house with Madeleine and informs him of Blofeld's escape. Before Moneypenny leaves, the house is attacked by gunmen. Bond, Madeleine and Moneypenny defend the house, but Moneypenny takes a bullet and they take her to the hospital. The gunmen were locals and Bond sneaks into the home of the dominant Kingston posse leader and interrogates him. The leader is killed by a sniper before he can reveal anything. Bond accesses the leader's computer and bank account, finding a large recent transaction from a Japanese bank. Bond escapes following a chase through the Kingston streets. At the last moment, he is saved by Madeleine, whom he had arranged to meet as a getaway.

    Moneypenny arranges for Bond and Madeleine to be transferred via private plane to a new, safer location. M 'recruits' Bond on a freelance basis via video conference en-route. Despite Bond's reservations, Madeleine convinces him to go, knowing it is the only way they will ever be safe. The plane drops Bond off in Japan, where he meets his contact, a brash Australian called Henderson. Bond and Henderson scout out the bank and Bond uses his own name in a meeting with the posse leader's accountant in order to provoke a reaction. Henderson takes Bond for a night of heavy drinking, but the bar they visit is attacked. Using improvised molotov cocktails, Bond and Henderson fight their way out, but are arrested immediately afterwards.

    To Bond's surprise, he and Henderson are taken to a tea house where they meet Tetsu 'The Tigress' Tanaka, the Head of Japanese intelligence, whose attention was drawn to their presence in Japan by their behaviour at the bank. She delights in putting the two injured, drunk men through the delicate tea ceremony as she questions them. Tigress sends Henderson away and takes Bond under her wing, though chastises him for drunkenly eyeing up one of the geisha. The two travel together to a small village on the coast, going by boat to remain inconspicuous. On the way, Bond's wallet is stolen. Bond pursues the thief and fights him off, but is wounded in the process. The thief escapes into the water. Tigress says the thief was a black dragon, an underground sect of mercenary ninjas. She warns Bond that his enemy now knows for sure he is coming.

    Tigress reveals the village is a secret training camp. Bond heals and is given training. He and Tigress philosophise over fate, with Bond troubled by his struggle to settle down with Madeleine. Tigress says people can never change who they are, even when given a chance at a second life - just as she chose her career over having a family. She reveals she believes the man Bond is looking for is the same as one who recently arrived in Japan, who has been growing an exotic garden of deadly flora in a castle laboratory on an island off the coast. Japanese intelligence became aware of the castle because of a large number of suicides washing ashore, demonstrating symptoms of usual poisons. The owner, Dr. Guntram Shatterhand, has cooperated with all investigations and not officially committed any crime, though his garden contains flowers whose pollen can be used to create chemical weapons, which Tigress believes are being sold to nationalist groups linked to recent bombings. After Bond confirms via photo that the man is Blofeld, he agrees to kill him.

    With Bond's training complete, Tigress takes him to a fishing village near the offshore volcanic island where Blofeld's castle is located. A local fisherwoman, Kasumi Suzuki, takes Bond in as he prepares and loans him her boat. Kasumi, who is lonely, takes a shine to Bond, though he rebuffs her, remembering Madeleine. At night, Kasumi rows him to the island and Bond climbs up to the castle. He sneaks through Blofeld's garden, where he witnesses various horrific suicides, but is captured as he tries to kill Blofeld, who is wearing samurai armour to protect himself. As Blofeld prepares to have Bond killed, he reveals that he is not, in fact, the real Blofeld or creator of SPECTRE, but a stand-in hired to use his vendetta and familial knowledge of Bond to defeat him following the events of Casino and Quantum. The real Blofeld is still out there. He was also the one who sent the hit-team after Bond in Jamaica, having had his men track Moneypenny. Bond escapes capture and battles Blofeld, who is still wearing full samurai armour. As a result of Bond's earlier activities, the island begins to erupt. Bond kills Blofeld with his katana and hurries to escape, but is knocked on the head by a rock from the exploding castle. He tumbles into the sea, where Kasumi is secretly waiting and saves his life.

    Kasumi takes Bond back to her house, but finds he has completely lost his memory. She hides Bond and deflects inquiries from Tigress and her agents. As Bond recovers, he grows closer to Kasumi, who does not know about Madeleine, and consummates the relationship. One day, Bond finds the hidden personal items that Kasumi had saved for him before his trip to the castle. They spark a memory, inspiring him to go to London. Kasumi tearfully lets him leave, keeping from him the result of a pregnancy test she recently took. As Bond departs the house on the road to Tokyo, we intercut with a memorial service for Bond taking place in London, attended by Madeleine, M, Moneypenny, Q and Felix. As Bond looks back, possibly considering abandoning his trip and returning to Kasumi, we see M give a speech echoing Tigress' earlier words about fate. As M's speech concludes and we see Madeleine crying, Bond turns away and begins his long journey home. As he walks, Nancy Sinatra's theme to 'You Only Live Twice' picks up as we cut to black and the credits.
    (SPECTRE viewers will note I've retconned Oberhauser into not being the real Blofeld/founder of SPECTRE, though he is still Bond's foster brother. I hated that part of the movie with a passion, and Blofeld used stand-ins in Diamonds Are Forever, so I'd say it's a legit call for the worthy cause of extracting Bond from the idiotic situation of being both superspy and brother to the founder of the biggest criminal organisation in the world. It also means the real Blofeld isn't motivated by petty spite, another improvement.)
    I loved how it ended. But, there's still a lot to explore methinks. Fans would always want to...
    Bring Bond back.

    But, I do suggest we should replace...
    Nancy Sinatra's theme with Julie Rogers' You Only Live Twice, which fits better somewhat.
  • Xandaca wrote: »
    OK, here's my Bond 25 idea, based on a Bond script I wrote in sixth form, also a part-adaptation of one of the hitherto mostly untouched novels. It's concealed for spoilers because IT GIVES AWAY MOST OF SPECTRE FROM THE VERY FIRST LINE, so don't even glimpse unless you've seen the movie or don't care.
    Title is either SHATTERHAND or OUBLIETTE

    (Gunbarrel)

    Blofeld/Oberhauser is being transported by train to a maximum security prison. En-route, the train is intercepted by a helicopter assault team and Blofeld freed.

    (Title sequence)

    Meanwhile, Bond is living a peaceful life under an alias in Jamaica, working as the head of Section J, with Madeleine. There are signs of him growing restless. Moneypenny, on leave as British Intelligence is regrouped in the wake in the Nine Eyes affair, meets Bond at his house with Madeleine and informs him of Blofeld's escape. Before Moneypenny leaves, the house is attacked by gunmen. Bond, Madeleine and Moneypenny defend the house, but Moneypenny takes a bullet and they take her to the hospital. The gunmen were locals and Bond sneaks into the home of the dominant Kingston posse leader and interrogates him. The leader is killed by a sniper before he can reveal anything. Bond accesses the leader's computer and bank account, finding a large recent transaction from a Japanese bank. Bond escapes following a chase through the Kingston streets. At the last moment, he is saved by Madeleine, whom he had arranged to meet as a getaway.

    Moneypenny arranges for Bond and Madeleine to be transferred via private plane to a new, safer location. M 'recruits' Bond on a freelance basis via video conference en-route. Despite Bond's reservations, Madeleine convinces him to go, knowing it is the only way they will ever be safe. The plane drops Bond off in Japan, where he meets his contact, a brash Australian called Henderson. Bond and Henderson scout out the bank and Bond uses his own name in a meeting with the posse leader's accountant in order to provoke a reaction. Henderson takes Bond for a night of heavy drinking, but the bar they visit is attacked. Using improvised molotov cocktails, Bond and Henderson fight their way out, but are arrested immediately afterwards.

    To Bond's surprise, he and Henderson are taken to a tea house where they meet Tetsu 'The Tigress' Tanaka, the Head of Japanese intelligence, whose attention was drawn to their presence in Japan by their behaviour at the bank. She delights in putting the two injured, drunk men through the delicate tea ceremony as she questions them. Tigress sends Henderson away and takes Bond under her wing, though chastises him for drunkenly eyeing up one of the geisha. The two travel together to a small village on the coast, going by boat to remain inconspicuous. On the way, Bond's wallet is stolen. Bond pursues the thief and fights him off, but is wounded in the process. The thief escapes into the water. Tigress says the thief was a black dragon, an underground sect of mercenary ninjas. She warns Bond that his enemy now knows for sure he is coming.

    Tigress reveals the village is a secret training camp. Bond heals and is given training. He and Tigress philosophise over fate, with Bond troubled by his struggle to settle down with Madeleine. Tigress says people can never change who they are, even when given a chance at a second life - just as she chose her career over having a family. She reveals she believes the man Bond is looking for is the same as one who recently arrived in Japan, who has been growing an exotic garden of deadly flora in a castle laboratory on an island off the coast. Japanese intelligence became aware of the castle because of a large number of suicides washing ashore, demonstrating symptoms of usual poisons. The owner, Dr. Guntram Shatterhand, has cooperated with all investigations and not officially committed any crime, though his garden contains flowers whose pollen can be used to create chemical weapons, which Tigress believes are being sold to nationalist groups linked to recent bombings. After Bond confirms via photo that the man is Blofeld, he agrees to kill him.

    With Bond's training complete, Tigress takes him to a fishing village near the offshore volcanic island where Blofeld's castle is located. A local fisherwoman, Kasumi Suzuki, takes Bond in as he prepares and loans him her boat. Kasumi, who is lonely, takes a shine to Bond, though he rebuffs her, remembering Madeleine. At night, Kasumi rows him to the island and Bond climbs up to the castle. He sneaks through Blofeld's garden, where he witnesses various horrific suicides, but is captured as he tries to kill Blofeld, who is wearing samurai armour to protect himself. As Blofeld prepares to have Bond killed, he reveals that he is not, in fact, the real Blofeld or creator of SPECTRE, but a stand-in hired to use his vendetta and familial knowledge of Bond to defeat him following the events of Casino and Quantum. The real Blofeld is still out there. He was also the one who sent the hit-team after Bond in Jamaica, having had his men track Moneypenny. Bond escapes capture and battles Blofeld, who is still wearing full samurai armour. As a result of Bond's earlier activities, the island begins to erupt. Bond kills Blofeld with his katana and hurries to escape, but is knocked on the head by a rock from the exploding castle. He tumbles into the sea, where Kasumi is secretly waiting and saves his life.

    Kasumi takes Bond back to her house, but finds he has completely lost his memory. She hides Bond and deflects inquiries from Tigress and her agents. As Bond recovers, he grows closer to Kasumi, who does not know about Madeleine, and consummates the relationship. One day, Bond finds the hidden personal items that Kasumi had saved for him before his trip to the castle. They spark a memory, inspiring him to go to London. Kasumi tearfully lets him leave, keeping from him the result of a pregnancy test she recently took. As Bond departs the house on the road to Tokyo, we intercut with a memorial service for Bond taking place in London, attended by Madeleine, M, Moneypenny, Q and Felix. As Bond looks back, possibly considering abandoning his trip and returning to Kasumi, we see M give a speech echoing Tigress' earlier words about fate. As M's speech concludes and we see Madeleine crying, Bond turns away and begins his long journey home. As he walks, Nancy Sinatra's theme to 'You Only Live Twice' picks up as we cut to black and the credits.
    (SPECTRE viewers will note I've retconned Oberhauser into not being the real Blofeld/founder of SPECTRE, though he is still Bond's foster brother. I hated that part of the movie with a passion, and Blofeld used stand-ins in Diamonds Are Forever, so I'd say it's a legit call for the worthy cause of extracting Bond from the idiotic situation of being both superspy and brother to the founder of the biggest criminal organisation in the world. It also means the real Blofeld isn't motivated by petty spite, another improvement.)
    I loved how it ended. But, there's still a lot to explore methinks. Fans would always want to...
    Bring Bond back.

    But, I do suggest we should replace...
    Nancy Sinatra's theme with Julie Rogers' You Only Live Twice, which fits better somewhat.

    Thanks for your comments! On your second point...
    Nancy Sinatra's YOLT is my personal favourite Bond track and its etheral melacholy fits with Bond returning to his old life, leaving the possibility of a peaceful civilian one behind. For me, the Julie Rogers track is awful, so wouldn't be my choice for anything!
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    Posts: 391
    SPECTRE is using pirate loot (ala LaLD) to fund a terrorist attack that has larger global implications/may lead to bigger terrorist destabilization. No personal stuff. Leiter back. That's all I got
  • I think the best way of continuing the
    Bond/Madeleine storyline is to not kill her off in the traditional OHMSS way. I would rather have it as Bond and Madeleine are living quitely, somewhere remote but things aren't going as happily as they had intended. Bond is displaying those Flemingesque symptoms of chronic boredom, lassitude, and depression and is somewhat disconnected from Madeleine. During this time, Tanner or Moneypenny shows up at his home attempting to persuade him to come back. After news breaks that ESB has escaped, Madeleine realizes that Bond returning to his old ways is destined to happen, so she leaves him and he goes back to Mi6 to finish off SPECTRE in an adaption of the YOLT novel. I think it's a beautifully tragic idea that no matter how badly Bond wants to live a happy life with his love, it's just too late for him and he is no longer capable of living a somewhat normal life. I think Daniel would be really eager to sink his teeth into an idea like that.
Sign In or Register to comment.