Worst Lines in All of Bond

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2015 Posts: 23,883
    shamanimal wrote: »
    Being bought up in the Moore era, I always thought bad puns were part of it all. I think Brosnan's puns stand out more as clunkers because he hadn't got Moore's playful style of delivery. But they weren't that bad.
    Oh, I love puns :D But Sir Roger was the master, he had that little glint in the
    Eye.

Agreed. The problem for Dalts & Brozz was that Moore set the bar so high for delivering these groaners. These two just couldnt' do it to the same level, and they shouldn't have been asked to.

Since Moore, the best at this sort of thing have actually been 'in their prime' Arnie (Commando, Running Man, Predator, Total Recall) and Bruce (Die Hard & Die Hard 2) imho, not any Bond actor.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Pretty much anything J.W Pepper utters out in TMWTGG

Those are some of my favorites.

....i second that! :)
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    edited November 2015 Posts: 306
    The World is Not Enough

Renard's delivery:

"Take his i.d., and do be on time." :))
    The World is Not Enough

Renard's delivery:

"Take his i.d., and do be on time." :))

Elektra's delivery from the same film:

"What do you think? I wouldn't feel anything?"

Horrendous.
    People keep praising Electra/Sophie Marceau but, apart from a few moments, I'm starting to think her performance is quite bad.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    People keep praising Electra/Sophie Marceau but, apart from a few moments, I'm starting to think her performance is quite bad.

"What's wrong with you? Are you crazy?"

I am starting to feel the same way about Marceau @BAIN123. She's still miles better than anyone else in that film, but I think she is overpraised as well.

"How dare you? That animal. That monster? He disgusts me. You disgust me. So he knew where to hurt you, is that it?"

Abysmal..
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 11,189
    *At the pipeline watching the screen"

"Look at that...that's not right!"

I don't know whether she's MEANT to be unconvincing as she's obviously playing the hapless victim.

"How dare you? That animal. That monster? He disgusts me. You disgust me. So he knew where to hurt you, is that it?"

Regarding THAT confrontation scene in TWINE. The writing itself is pretty appalling. Just try reading that line @bondjames back to yourself normally. It doesn't sound right.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    "Soon she'll be everywhere!" {chuckles}

It's a corny line but I actually like the way she delivers this one (in a campy OTT way).

Agree on the writing in the confrontation scene @BAIN123. You know that's a low point in the entire franchise for me for many reasons. Poor writing and piss poor acting all round.
  • I thought Sophie Marceau was easily the best thing in that film.
    I'm sure Brozza must have felt a slight stiffness coming on when she sat on him in the torture chair. Now that would have been a good one liner. 'Are you feeling comfortable Mr Bond?' haha
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Skyfall: Mommy was very bad.
    Silva has Austin Powers quality in some of his acting and dialogue.
    Zenia in GE:

"I had to ventilate someone".

What does that even mean??

Just watched a bit of that scene yesterday and it actually reminded me a lot of the TWINE torture scene for some reason.

Bardem actually played that scene like Marceau played her Bond torture scene. Totally OTT camp.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    bondjames wrote: »

Just watched a bit of that scene yesterday and it actually reminded me a lot of the TWINE torture scene for some reason.

Bardem actually played that scene like Marceau played her Bond torture scene. Totally OTT camp.

Yes, the word I was looking for, camp.
    While in TWINE that doesn't bother me really, because those movies didn't take themselves too seriously, in SF this is too high a contrast to the near perfect first 70 minutes of the movie.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 1,661
    The oral sex reference - I won't mention it - when Bond is with the girl at the start of Tomorrow Never Dies. Moneypenny says the line with all the subtlety of a brick thrown through your front room window.

And of course "Yo mama" is an epic groaner too. Brosnan's "now there's a name to die for"- epic cringer. LOL
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 562
    Zenia in GE:

"I had to ventilate someone".

What does that even mean??

Incorrect explanation. Lesson: don't try to explain bond jokes without remembering the context of the joke.
    I thought it was referring to her shooting Natalya. She thought she had killed her. That's my take on the dialogue - ventilate - "to shoot", open up the body with bullet holes!

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Jinx and Bond talking in the beach side bar, the whole conversation is a groaner.
    I quite like Moneypenny's "linguist" line. Corny as hell but her delivery and posh voice make it funny. Can't stand her last ever line in DAD though about the VR machine.
    I cannot recall the exact point Zenia says this but is it not just a cheesy reference to riddling the ventilation ducting with holes?
    andmcit wrote: »
    I cannot recall the exact point Zenia says this but is it not just a cheesy reference to riddling the ventilation ducting with holes?

I remember that line well. It's just after she shoots the vent in the kitchen at Seveneya and thinks she's killed Natalya. In the audio commentary Martin Campbell says the line fell flat during test screenings.

A fairly crap line but not excruciating.
    Major Amasova:

"When this mission is over, I will kill you"

It is supposed to be a dramatic moment, but I can't help laughing. As if that helpless damsel, who has been no more than a blind passenger through out the film, would be any threat to Bond! :))

(The only way would be if she caught him unarmed with a gun after he has risked everything to save her life. Oh... well...)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »
    The line that always jumps out at me is (may be paraphrasing, can't remember exactly)

Electra: What keeps you alive?
    Bond: I take pleasure in great beauty.

The next line should have been

Electra: No, cloth ears. I said WHAT KEEPS YOU ALIVE? I mean, like 'being able to run fast', or 'always carrying a gun'. Stopping mid chase to stare at a beautiful building or woman will probably get you killed. God alive, are you the best Britain has.

But no, she accepts the reply which in my mind truly bears no resemblance to the question posed.

To be fair she meant it in the sense of what pleasure do you get out of life.
    You know what, it never in over 15 years occurred to me that it could be a different meaning of the word 'alive'.
    :-S
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 1,068
    May Day, where have you been? I've been waiting for you... to take care of me, personally.

Cringe
  • fanbond123 wrote: »
    I thought it was referring to her shooting Natalya. She thought she had killed her. That's my take on the dialogue - ventilate - "to shoot", open up the body with bullet holes!

Yep.

• NicNac wrote: »
    You know what, it never in over 15 years occurred to me that it could be a different meaning of the word 'alive'.
    :-S

Are you being deliberately obtuse? No one said she was using a different definition of alive. Can you not comprehend someone saying 'what keeps you alive?' without it referreing to the basic essentials of life?

• andmcit wrote: »
    May Day, where have you been? I've been waiting for you... to take care of me, personally.

Cringe

I like zorin's reaction. He's like yeah, what the hell go for it. Gives an insight into his character
    "Would you like it harder?"

Moore massaging Fiona Fullerton in a Jacuzzi.

Also, the way Moore says it sounds so sleazy.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    TWINE happens to be one of my favourites, and coincidentally, carries my least favourite line in the series...

"I was wrong about you."
    "Yeah? How so?"
    "I thought Christmas only cums once a year."

What the hell were they thinking?
    "Err......he was....buried with work"

Awful. Line and delivery imho. TWINE does have some stinkers.
    bondjames wrote: »
    "Err......he was....buried with work"

Awful. Line and delivery imho. TWINE does have some stinkers.

I think that line was meant to be bad. The goon gives a "What??" look to Bond.