Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

How about MC Hammer?
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Phil Collins with Adele. For me it sounds way more like....good music to my ears :-). Phil Collins is a proven artist/musician, like Paul McCartney, Marvin Hamlisch, Paul Epworth, Tom Jones, Bono (Irish hehe), Duran Duran and Shirley Bassey. Far more interesting collaboration for me than....Radiohead. It's also a very new kind of collaboration if you ask me, resulting in a very different sound for "SPECTRE", but with Adele's phenomenal vocals. Yeah, count me in for this rumour.

That certain people now mock this rumour with stuff like MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice, shows how little they know about Phil Collins' current-day work behind the scenes. I think it suits the man, as he has five kids now.

Moreover, marketing-wise it would be a wonderful match-up. tying Adele's long-awaited album with the release of "SPECTRE" is a film marketeer's wet dream :-P. That would help both EON and Adele/Phil Collins tremendously.

2463035900000578-2895671-image-m-82_1420317109135.jpg
    3458343_97fe76f8-7400-11e3-9d4c-001517810df0.jpg
    adelephilcollins838874.jpg
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2015 Posts: 4,437
    11900090_10153535015957716_916034449491638170_n.jpg?oh=963278c3d8cd849c1a283126d702d40b&oe=56756127

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Blue-eyed_soul_singers

Besides Phil Collins, include: Adele, Sam Smith, Duffy, John Newman, Paloma Faith.

Now Bond his ''mom'' died, he will fall in the hands of the man... In other words: http://www.metrolyrics.com/no-good-about-goodbye-lyrics-shirley-bassey.html
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised (considering the title of the film) about the lack of originality in bringing Adele back. Not even Shirley did two in a row! Mix it up a little bit please.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Right now I am mixed but just oh so happy it is looking like its not Sam Smith.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    pachazo wrote: »
    I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised (considering the title of the film) about the lack of originality in bringing Adele back. Not even Shirley did two in a row! Mix it up a little bit please.
    This.
    pachazo wrote: »

Stir it up please. Time for a bit of reggae
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 4,619
    I can't believe people are still speculating. IT'S RADIOHEAD. It's a done deal. tinyurl.com/ontbl32
    I can't believe people are still speculating. IT'S RADIOHEAD. It's a done deal. tinyurl.com/ontbl32

Bring back the angry chick...

It should be a Enrique Iglesias and Sean Paul collaboration.
    ....and Sam Smith singing base?

Yep, it's very likely. And I will be saddened by that. It's such a weird choice....especially after Adèle's "Skyfall".
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 330
    It's not radiohead. Just because someone bet on them doesn't make it them. It could be some stupid millionaire with more money than sense. Either way, I refuse to believe it. I know I'm not 100 percent sure, but I really don't think they would choose this bland band when there's far better talent out there. sorry.
    Commercially I would have thought Radiohead was a very odd choice. But they've made odder choices before.
  • I said who I think it is, and I'm sticking with it.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    It's Adele you fools, believe it....

...and if it's not, I'll be the fool :))
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland

We know she is doing 2 songs for parts of the film but not the main theme.

Yea I think you're right. Bout the song ...maybe we are all fools lol idk
    I love the idea that we're going to get songs woven into the movie like OHMSS and TLD.

Just hope Thomas Newman is fully signed up for this approach and is not going to go all sulky like on SF.

Wait, is it confirmed? I know Sam Mendes said there will be two secondary songs in SPECTRE, but did he say they're going to be both by Adele?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Walecs wrote: »

Wait, is it confirmed? I know Sam Mendes said there will be two secondary songs in SPECTRE, but did he say they're going to be both by Adele?

When did he say that?
  • Garth007Garth007 Missouri, USA
    What if ...Just saiyan...Phil Collins is performing his own rendition of OHMSS title song while another artist (Adele maybe) performs her version of "we have all the time in the world " could make since to some degree.
    I just would be blown away by a Prog Rock Bond theme (yes Phil Collins is prog rock) Personally if he get really genesis like Thomas newman could have a field day incorporating it into the score (what with 20 key changes and 10 tempo changes)

something like this

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm just going to wait for confirmation. Everyone has heard something different and everyone seems to "know" something different, as well.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 11,425
    I happy to admit that I 'know' zilch about who is going to be doing the song
    jake24 wrote: »

When did he say that?
    Not long ago, when he was asked about SPECTRE title song he said that in the movie there's going to be more than a hundred minutes of scores and another two songs (other than the title theme), but he didn't say if they've been written for the movie.
    He did include a couple of songs in SF I suppose that weren't written for the film.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'm just going to wait for confirmation. Everyone has heard something different and everyone seems to "know" something different, as well.

It's going to be Caro Emerald.

Trust me, I just know. ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

It's going to be Caro Emerald.

Trust me, I just know. ;)

You'd think differently if you actually did know who is doing the theme song:

Me.

Trust me, I know. ;D
    Radiohead would sound extremely depressing!