Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2015 Posts: 13,882
    Walecs wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'm just going to wait for confirmation. Everyone has heard something different and everyone seems to "know" something different, as well.

It's going to be Caro Emerald.

Trust me, I just know. ;)

[-O<

[-O<

Make it so.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I can't believe people are still speculating. IT'S RADIOHEAD. It's a done deal. tinyurl.com/ontbl32

You are aware that people have bet on Radiohead in the past right?
    I know Yes isn't doing one which is a shame as they really would be perfect they even have an unreleased song that SCREAMS 007

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'm sorry but multi millionaire rock stars singing about the homeless in a really patronising way just about sums Phil Collins up for me.
    It's not radiohead. Just because someone bet on them doesn't make it them. It could be some stupid millionaire with more money than sense. Either way, I refuse to believe it. I know I'm not 100 percent sure, but I really don't think they would choose this bland band when there's far better talent out there. sorry.

Name another band more talented and innovative since them?
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    I think it'll be a band with a male singer, a major act somewhere close to mainstream to please an audience from teenagers to the people who grew up with Roger Moore's Bond. I also think it'll be a slightly upbeat song to fit the tone and story of "Spectre". Adele was right for Skyfall's story. It was mainly set on the personal relationship between Bond and former M. From what I've seen so far in the video blogs and read in the interviews with cast and crew, "Spectre" will have a different beat and tone and perhaps will have a bit more elements from the old Roger Moore Bond formula. I believe the title track will go into the LALD direction.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I'm sorry but multi millionaire rock stars singing about the homeless in a really patronising way just about sums Phil Collins up for me.
    It's not radiohead. Just because someone bet on them doesn't make it them. It could be some stupid millionaire with more money than sense. Either way, I refuse to believe it. I know I'm not 100 percent sure, but I really don't think they would choose this bland band when there's far better talent out there. sorry.

You know Radiohead are huge fans of Genesis right?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    I believe the title track will go into the LALD direction.

I'm 100% for this. One of the greatest tracks ever done for a Bond film and quite a change in direction at the time.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 1,215
    bondjames wrote: »
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    I believe the title track will go into the LALD direction.

I'm 100% for this. One of the greatest tracks ever done for a Bond film and quite a change in direction at the time.

Agreed. I think something in the mold of LALD is exactly what Spectre needs.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Spectre needs the Artic Monkeys for sure. Something along the lines of "do I wanna know"
    Spectre needs the Artic Monkeys for sure. Something along the lines of "do I wanna know"

I would be so happy. I'm rather convinced that IF there is more than one song in SPECTRE, they're one of the artists involved.
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

I would be so happy. I'm rather convinced that IF there is more than one song in SPECTRE, they're one of the artists involved.

Something exactly like that is just what the doctor ordered. Perfect. This film is screaming for something edgy for the title song, and as far from Adele's SF ballad (good though it might have been) as possible.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 4,043
    Risico007 wrote: »

The Gabriel Genesis I would bet, I liked Genesis with Mama & Home by The Sea but after that too commercial and bland for me.

If Radiohead appreciated Genesis it would be early era and I see more of a Floyd influence in their music than them and PF leave Genesis standing.

I would be more than happy with the Arctics but the thought of Radiohead doing it is one that excites me more as I know they wouldn't slum it being big Barry fans.

Something like There There would be perfect.

The Gabriel Genesis I would bet, I liked Genesis with Mama & Home by The Sea but after that too commercial and bland for me.

If Radiohead appreciated Genesis it would be early era and I see more of a Floyd influence in their music than them and PF leave Genesis standing.

I would be more than happy with the Arctics but the thought of Radiohead doing it is one that excites me more as I know they wouldn't slum it being big Barry fans.

well genesis radiohead and Pink Floyd never hit on complex amazing music like this

or this

or this
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Peugeots are complex but they're still rubbish.
    Since it was mentioned earlier, I thought I'd post it, for those who don't know what it's all about. Genius
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    @bondjames

That's one of the few selections posted in the thread I think has a good sound for a Craig era Bond. I don't think much of Arctic Monkeys, but I think they could pull off a good Bond song. I probably care less for Radiohead from the songs linked in this thread. Maybe they could do a decent Bond song, but I don't hear it.

I believe Phil Collins can pull off a good Bond song, and all the better if it's a duet with Adele. I'm hoping that the hints on his Facebook and YouTube page prove to be right.
    I agree @Mansfield. I'd be happier with Arctic Monkeys of the recent suggestions, because I think they'd give a contemporary harder edge to SP and be different enough from Adele to provide some varety.

Like you I'm open to Collins/Adele as well though, if that's the route they choose to take, as long as the sound is more up beat and suitably different this time around.

Who knows, maybe these rumours are correct, and we'll have a thumping title track as well as a ballad during the film. Certainly exciting times.
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    Who knows, maybe these rumours are correct, and we'll have a thumping title track as well as a ballad during the film. Certainly exciting times.
    This would be wonderful.

well genesis radiohead and Pink Floyd never hit on complex amazing music like this

or this

or this

So what! I'll always take Floyd's simplicity over complicated musical wanking that Yes and the prog rock crowd delivered. With Floyd it's about the spaces and none of that crowd delivered anything as powerful, emotional or atmospheric as Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

Radiohead also taking influence from Floyd know that keeping it simple is better than throwing everything but the kitchen sink in attitude that these proggers do. For instance There There might have flavour of prog about it but I also hear the rawness of the Pixes in there as well but delivered in that imitable Radiohead style that makes it them.

I've never considered Floyd prog, Floyd are genre in their own right when they were at their height there was no one like them. Radiohead also stand out as completely unique that the likes of Muse, Coldplay and other more vanilla acts have tried to lift elements but present in a more palatable but nowhere near as compelling.

Rock music is yet to produce a band as good as influential as them, RH are the closest we've got to the giants of the 60's & 70's. Oasis might have shifted the units but they've done nothing to push music on, they've just contributed to the tribute rock mentality that dominated their records.
    I wonder if one of these "extra songs" will be an end theme? We haven't seen that since what, TND?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED

ADELE is releasing her new Album 25 in November.

Now does anybody believe that is a coincidence???
    Possibly but I think to much stock has been put in her returning and I honestly don't think she'll do it two in a row, no one has.

Although if I'm wrong I'll accept it, anything is better than Sam Smith or Ellie Goulding, it's a very unimaginative choice considering Spectre needs something with grit and ideally a male voice but EON know what they are doing don't they?

I'm still holding out for Radiohead, my suspision over them doing it has waned something especially with those comments from Mendes about wanting them and Craig's a big fan but I won't believe it till it happens.
    well Shard you and i will agree to disagree like I said I think it is no shock to anyone when i say I am a hard core yes fan. ( even have that god awful album Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe If you are even a remote fan of yes never listen to that album EVER)

As for Bond I am on the Phil Collins Train why well three reasons

1. He is an exceptional Progressive rock Drummer
    2. He can be a great song writer
    3. It would be cool to have a prog bond theme

Now if it winds up being Adele or Sam smith or Katy perry or whoever I will listen to it and judge it for what it is. My Personal taste in bond theme songs is the staunch opposite of everyone else (You Know My Name is my favorite with Live and let die a close second. Like I said I prefer rock and roll bond themes over the jazzy shirley Bassey sound not that I hate the Bassey sound mind you I just don't get why EVERY FILM HAS TO HAVE IT)

Ifi have to go for a second choice Radiohead i could live with followed by Artic Monkeys with Ellie Goulding a distant but very real 4th (I like lights and if there was one pop artist who could give me a bond them but still keep a rock guitar sound in it Goulding is my bet)

:D
    Maybe Collins is writing the song (like Bono/Edge for GE) but not performing it.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Maybe Collins is writing the song (like Bono/Edge for GE) but not performing it.

That's was my first thought too ..or playing the drums but I would imagine if indeed true he either wrote it cowrote the song.

Don't know if anyone watches the wonderful show Hannibal - its final episode aired last night in the US and Siouxsie Sioux did a fantastic very Bond-esque song for the final moments of the episode.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 161
    Another young talented artist i like is Sharon Kovacs, she has a powerful rough voice and almost every song of her new album "Shades Of Black" just screams Bond.

Definite Bassey Bondian influences there. I've never heard of her, but she's got a very distinctive voice I'd say.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2015 Posts: 4,415
    She is Dutch!. I believe i heard 50 Shades of Black as new single last week. Diggin whas released as single back in February. Her first single whas My Love released in May 2014.

jackdagger wrote: »
    I wonder if one of these "extra songs" will be an end theme? We haven't seen that since what, TND?

Twine. Scott Walker with Only Myself To Blame. Track 19 on the soundtrack.

And we have ''London Calling'' for DAD, but it is exist song who is not written for movie and is not avaible on the soundtrack.

• I look back at die another day now, and it think, what a dreadful bond film. I cannot believe I liked it at the cinema. lol. pierce should have gone eout on higher note, oh well. Just shows how great the Daniel craig ones are. More realistic, but still holds that fantasy, bond espionage.