Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• edited August 2015 Posts: 330
    There not even a rumour of her singing it, but Ive done my own elimination and this is who comes out on top. Probably most likely wrong but what a great artist I've ended up choosing.

Ok then regarding the triple post. But at least I know I've chosen an artist very worthy of a bond theme. Surprised if I'm the only bond fan who actually thinks she is singing it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    There not even a rumour of her singing it, but Ive done my own elimination and this is who comes out on top. Probably most likely wrong but what a great artist I've ended up choosing

Please be sure to edit original posts when you decide on posting again so soon. There's no need for a triple post in a few minutes time.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Im going to have to contact the produces of bond somehow one day. Lana should certainly do a bond theme. Music is amazing and lots of it sounds very bond like. don't you agree ?

Lana Del Rey would be perfect, I pre-ordered her new album and am listening to her new tracks High By The Beach and Terrence Loves You constantly.

Her tracks Million Dollar Man, Dangerous Girl or Ultraviolence would be perfect Bond tunes with a little different production.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 330
    She fits everything for a bond theme. She's classy, great powerful voice like adele.Great sounds that sound bondy. Would be perfect. I'm surprised if she never makes it into the 007 world, wouldn't you.
    Not only does she have to do a Bond theme at one point (hopefully for Bond 25) but she has to appear in the movie as well, maybe even as the main Bond girl. She is quite good at acting!
    She's an obvious choice. I wouldn't object.
  • How about kylie Minogue. After noticing her in the San Andreas film, It just sprung to mind she could maybe sing it ? Madonna did so why not. Ive also checked and she wanted to do a bond them for bond 22
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    How about kylie Minogue. After noticing her in the San Andreas film, It just sprung to mind she could maybe sing it ? Madonna did so why not. Ive also checked and she wanted to do a bond them for bond 22

Your postulation may already have answered why this could be a bad idea.

I'm open to suggestions but Kylie is more suited to the pre-reboot era imho.
    How about kylie Minogue. After noticing her in the San Andreas film, It just sprung to mind she could maybe sing it ? Madonna did so why not. Ive also checked and she wanted to do a bond them for bond 22

As much as I love Kylie Minogue I think she would not be a good fit for Bond. She clearly is on the Dance-Pop side since 2001 with many songs even being EDM and her suddenly doing a Bond theme would seem a bit strange.

After Madonna, Chris Cornell and Alicia Keys I really hope for an artist that people will immediately feel that it's a good match with Bond. Adele was such a choice.
    Yes Adele was a good choice. It's not my favourite song but I'm still glad they chose her. Lana Del Ray does Seem another obvious one.
    I actually find the song Skyfall quite mediocre but compared to the rubbish we got from DAD to QOS it was a real treat.
    I actually find the song Skyfall quite mediocre but compared to the rubbish we got from DAD to QOS it was a real treat.

That's pretty much my perspective as well. It could have been a lot worse, and often has been, so be grateful for the fact that it wasn't a total stinker.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 161
    Is Phil Collins doing the theme song?
    He changed on August 25th his Facebook profile photo to this one, very similar to the SP teaser poster:

https://www.facebook.com/philcollins?fref=ts
    11900090_10153535015957716_916034449491638170_n.jpg?oh=963278c3d8cd849c1a283126d702d40b&oe=56756127

Source: http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/videos/teaser-trailer-spectre-nueva-aventura-james-bond-113640

EDIT: it's February news that he has been working with Adele on a song for her new album. Adele returning with Collins writing?
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    According to the cover of Entertainment Weekly, Adele is due to release a new album this fall.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Some Collins drum work in a Bond title song would be welcome.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    They've never used the Accordion as much as I'd like. :D
    In the end it will be Adele again I tell you. And I have been saying this since last December! (Not here of course, but when my friends and I or family or colleagues discussed that topic).

I think I should quickly go and make a bet on Adele. Easy money...
    Adele would fit perfectly.
    BB + MGW so desperately try to make Spectre Skyfall Part II that Adele would be the logical thing.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    As long as it's more upbeat (and it could very well be if Collins and his drums are involved) I'm all for Adele's return.

Just make it different this time please.....
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    edited August 2015 Posts: 191
    Collins' involvement makes the idea of Adele returning more palatable for me, and I am not a Phil Collins fan by any means but there's no denying the man would add a lot of gravitas to the project.

If this is the case I hope Newman is involved, I want to see what he can come up with song-wise; he and Collins make a good combination in my eyes.
    Just put him in a gorilla costume.
    I hope he is just messing with the fans. I don't want Adele back. Once was enough
    If Phil Collins is doing the spectre theme I would prefer he called up Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks instead of Adele hell I would take Steve Hackett in stead of Adele
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    edited August 2015 Posts: 108
    http://www.idolator.com/7568652/phil-collins-adele-shade-failed-collaboration-slippery-fish

From last October. Seems like The Collins/Adele rumours got debunked almost a year ago. But, hey, if Tina Turner can pull a theme 20 years after her prime why not ask another undead 80's chart gramps, huh... Meaning I don't even think it's a 100% unlikely sadly...

Regarding Adele it's said that her album might drop any day for over a year now so I don't hold my breath anymore. Although I just read Danger Mouse might be producing whose Midas Touch refined quite some albums recently.
    Phil Collins by himself then Perfect With Daryl Streummer adding his classic guitar sound (though I am still hoping for Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks)
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 12,243
    I actually wouldn't mind if Phil Collins did it. I think it could potentially be very unique and interesting (in a good way).
    Wait a minute Collins fits every clue we were given by the supposed insider

He has acted in movies
    He is a left field choice
    and is someone no one would think of...

Could my dreams for a prog rock bond theme be answered.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This could be susu so good.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited August 2015 Posts: 4,043
    but seriously if anyone thinks that Phil Collins apart from maybe in some production or writing capacity (highly unlikely) is performing a Bond theme????

I can't believe people are saying Radiohead have past it but some guy who was granted a very talented drummer but has also been responsible for some of the most insipid music produced in the 80's is more likely, well if it happens ... hello I must be going.