Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    RC7 wrote: »
    Radiohead would be a bloody dirge.

Is that a vote for yea or nea?
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 1,215
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Why can't Shirley Bassy just come back!!!!

Am I the only one who thinks Bassey is terribly ill suited for today? I'd almost rather have Ellie Goulding just to hear something new.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    I like the classic Bond sound.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    They should just get Folasade Adu to do it.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Am I the only one who thinks Bassey is terribly ill suited for today? I'd almost rather have Ellie Goulding just to hear something new.

With all due respect to Shirley Bassey, I agree 100%; No matter how good she still sounds it would come of as a spoof.

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Just don't want something too modern....DAD by Madonna sounded like a techno dance tune from a gay club in Berlin!
    Madonna's DAD song would have been fine if it were confined to the Ice Hotel party. And maybe at the end of the film. That film needed a much better theme song.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Radiohead would be awesome =D>

£15.000 is a lot of money to spend on a bet! And it would be left field, for sure.
    Agreed.
  • RC7RC7
    Radiohead would be a bloody dirge.

Is that a vote for yea or nea?

Nein.
    talos7 wrote: »

With all due respect to Shirley Bassey, I agree 100%; No matter how good she still sounds it would come of as a spoof.

I thought Bassey's No Good About Goodbye was excellent and wish it could've been heard in QoS!
    God we have so many rumors can eon just announce the bloody artist.
    Heard that Goulding had tweeted something? Not gonna worry about it too much as we will find out soon enough!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    @RC7 clearly not a fan although that opinion makes me suspect you have any music taste when one of the best bands of the last 30 years is a possibility and you come out with that, the series should be honoured if it happened after some of the right real dirge we've had doing it in the past

Yeah Smith or Goulding would probably be better for you, I'd be interested to know how you think RH would be a dirge and what of their material your basing this on?
  • RC7RC7
    edited July 2015 Posts: 10,512
    Shardlake wrote: »
    @RC7 clearly not a fan although that opinion makes me suspect you have any music taste when one of the best bands of the last 30 years is a possibility and you come out with that, the series should be honoured if it happened after some of the right real dirge we've had doing it in the past

Yeah Smith or Goulding would probably be better for you, I'd be interested to know how you think RH would be a dirge and what of their material your basing this on?

Music is completely down to taste, there are one or two Radiohead tracks that are passable to my ears, but a lot that are dirge. I can appreciate the musicianship, but I like music with a little more soul. Thom Yorke has a voice that, to me, fluctuates between 'interesting' and 'incessant whine'. I'd take Arctic Monkeys over Radiohead in a heartbeat, Alex Turner is a better lyricist and has a verve to his voice that never borders on nauseating. Like I said, it's down to taste. They're not my bag.
    I'm a big fan of AM and would love them to do it. If RH did the theme I doubt it would sound like one of their more challenging tracks, even as fan I think they do test their fan base but rather that than the likes of Cold Patrol or Snow Play.

Yorke can still pull it out the bag, he provides some sublime vocal on both In Rainbows & King of Limbs and yes Turner is a better lyricist but RH are in another category when it come to the music, Jonny Greenwood already has a pedigree for score work and I'm sure if they have done the theme they'd be looking to providing something worthy of the series and not some experimental piece, I don't think EON would allow that.

• edited July 2015 Posts: 25
    Radiohead had a b-side from In Rainbows that had a definite touch of Bond/Barry about it... (especially when the orchestra kicks in...). a little known gem:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4CX7Qzb1dj8"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Yeah I've got that it was part of the 2 CD's that came with the In Rainbows Box set that has the double vinyl version of the album pressed at 45rpm.

Which sounds utterly sublime and will leave any loss less MP3 sounding tame in comparison.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Does anyone else (aside from me) wait to hear the theme song for the first time when it's attached to the movie? I did that with SF and it was a very smart decision.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Does anyone else (aside from me) wait to hear the theme song for the first time when it's attached to the movie? I did that with SF and it was a very smart decision.

I've done that since DAD and it's totally worth it. Nothing like hearing the song for the first time during the opening titles!!

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @jackdagger, that's awesome! Granted, I had a lot of SF spoiled for me so that was the only real surprise when I went into the movie, but I knew it'd be worth it in the end, and I plan on doing the exact same for SP.
    It was REALLY difficult with Skyfall. I only listened to classic rock stations on the radio and muted the TV during all commercial breaks (in case some of it played during the trailer like with QoS). Not sure how I managed it in the end, but I did! :))
    http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/87194

It seems Radiohead is now the frontrunner on betting sites, after an anonymous better backed Radiohead for more than £15.000. And when that happened, all betting on the Bond title song was suspended. Hmmmm
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    Oh my, it seems I won't have to wait for Christopher Nolan...
    Hehe lol. But in all honesty, if it's a race between Radiohead and Ellie Goulding, then I scream: RADIOHEAD!
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender

Music is completely down to taste, there are one or two Radiohead tracks that are passable to my ears, but a lot that are dirge. I can appreciate the musicianship, but I like music with a little more soul. Thom Yorke has a voice that, to me, fluctuates between 'interesting' and 'incessant whine'. I'd take Arctic Monkeys over Radiohead in a heartbeat, Alex Turner is a better lyricist and has a verve to his voice that never borders on nauseating. Like I said, it's down to taste. They're not my bag.

Damn how do you people like radiohead? Radiohead is the most garbage, boring band I've ever heard in my entire life. I'm usually open minded but I really don't see the appeal in this band at all, all I hear is a bunch of random, not memorable noises and random lyrics. I mean does this really sound good?

The only song that remotely sounds good is Karma Police. I'd seriously rather have Madonna back again.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    at least put the song on the soundtrack cd this time!
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,043

Damn how do you people like radiohead? Radiohead is the most garbage, boring band I've ever heard in my entire life. I'm usually open minded but I really don't see the appeal in this band at all, all I hear is a bunch of random, not memorable noises and random lyrics. I mean does this really sound good?

The only song that remotely sounds good is Karma Police. I'd seriously rather have Madonna back again.

First you think loss less MP3 is better than audiophile vinyl and now this.

Yes music is taste but Radiohead garbage boring??? You are welcome to Ellie Goulding if you think that's great music.

• DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Germanlady wrote: »

Just another 'news' article regurgitating the few 'facts' we already know. Nothing to see here, move on.