Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I wouldn't mind at all if John Legend made a Bond theme, he's great. I've been listenning to him since way before the All if you hype.

Anyone heard anything else regarding the Labrinth rumour since last year?
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The account posted just before midnight on 18th September:

@Labrinthda1st Welcome to @007... We've been expecting you...

Discuss.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/9974/official-007-twitter-welcomes-labrinth-to-the-account/p1
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 154
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    walter1985 wrote: »
    I know this is not really going to happen, but based on the new trailer, woudldn't it be funny if they said the OHMSS would be the new title song? :p I mean, Mendes did say it was already recorded.

it would be great :-D

It would be awful.

I'd love an Arctic Monkeys rendition of WHATTITW over the MAIN titles.

Oh man, now I'm just disappointed knowing that that could be a possibility, but it probably won't happen. If we're doing talking bond covers, I think Arctic Monkeys doing Live and Let Die would be pure ecstasy.

Was never a fan of the Monkeys. Daydream Believer? Bleh.
    :-?
    Lizo Mzimba tweeted this earlier today:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="pt"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wonder if we'll all be in 007th heaven when we find out what she's been recording? <a href="https://t.co/wXSIWQqGKI">https://t.co/wXSIWQqGKI</a></p>&mdash; lizo mzimba (@lizo_mzimba) <a href=" July 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mendes said the song was already recorded, however. So this could mean whatever she's been recording is not the Bond theme. Is Lizo bluffing? Is he just assuming she's doing it? Or is this just misdirection?
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 3,164
    Sandy wrote: »
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="pt"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wonder if we'll all be in 007th heaven when we find out what she's been recording? <a href="https://t.co/wXSIWQqGKI">https://t.co/wXSIWQqGKI</a></p>&mdash; lizo mzimba (@lizo_mzimba) <a href=" July 2015</a></blockquote>

Mendes said the song was already recorded, however. So this could mean whatever she's been recording is not the Bond theme. Is Lizo bluffing? Is he just assuming she's doing it? Or is this just misdirection?

The most hilarious thing would be if all along this has all been hype for Ellie doing the end credits song for the last Hunger Games (the score for which was btw recording at Abbey Road a couple of weeks back)... :))
    antovolk wrote: »

The most hilarious thing would be if all along this has all been hype for Ellie doing the end credits song for the last Hunger Games (the score for which was btw recording at Abbey Road a couple of weeks back)... :))

Yep! It wouldn't surprise me at all. A few weeks ago I would have believed it was her doing the Bond theme, right now I don't think she's done it.
    Ellie Goulding hints that she's finished recording 'Bond' theme
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/ellie-goulding/87176#ggrBFpKqzAmxrFEd.99

?v=4
    I think they've got Adel back.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The only way i'd be happy about Adele returning is if she delivered a real powerhouse of a theme song, blowing SF out of the water completely. I don't want anything less.

?v=4

She just said she's finished something, no hint at Bond that I can see. And again, Mendes has said the song has already been recorded so, assuming he was speaking the truth (why would he lie about that?) whatever she "wrapped up" isn't Bond.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I would be EXTREMELY upset if Adele's doing the theme again.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

?v=4

She just said she's finished something, no hint at Bond that I can see. And again, Mendes has said the song has already been recorded so, assuming he was speaking the truth (why would he lie about that?) whatever she "wrapped up" isn't Bond.

Please god not Ellie Goulding!

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'm just setting myself up for disappointment, I think it's going to be Sam Smith and if Mendes was telling the truth about it being in the can already then Goulding isn't talking about Spectre.

I'm prepared for it being a flavour of the month that way if it is someone of substance and not just popularity I'll get a nice surprise but I'm preparing for this being the most underwhelming aspect of the film.

Typical looks possible we could get one the best entries of the series with all likelihood one of the most dull themes.
    A great theme gives a massive boost to the movie, the melody gets into peoples cars, their offices, their heads, a good hook is the ultimate marketing tool (plus obviously adds to the movie itself) , it would be very sad if we don't get a song that matches what looks to be the high standards set in other areas.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Would have loved something along the lines of this in Spectre. This would have made an amazing Bond theme.

• I think they've got Adel back.

That's what i'm starting to believe too. After all, this is a sequel, almost everyone from the winning SF cast and crew has come back, she also did a great job with the song so makes sense to have her back as well.

The problem here IMHO is SP needs to have a different, more aggressive theme song than SF and i hope Adele knows this if she's in charge again.
    Ellie Goulding has a song registered with BMI Music called “Spy.” - Could it be the new Bond song?
    http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/07/28/exclusive-ellie-goulding-has-an-unreleased-song-called-spy-new-james-bond-theme

This comes from Roger Friedman, who broke the Adele news and even posted lyrics of Skyfall up before its release.

I seriously hope not, the article does state that a source tells Friedman that the singer choice is "left field". And Goulding is anything but left-field, on the other hand, AM may be considered a little edgier.

For me Goulding is the worst possible choice. She's bland, dreary and the epitome of what is wrong with pop music today. She's generic and forgettable, another Rita Coolidge. I really hope this dosen't happen. However, all signs do seem to be pointing towards "yes". I even prefer Sam Smith to her.

However..........have we considered the possibility that we may get two songs this time out??? One title sing recorded for the film by a new artist (eg; Sam Smith, Arctic Monkeys) and another recording of "We Have All the Time in the World" (by someone like Goulding or Adele?). It would make sense considering the clear overtones to OHMSS we have seen in SP thus far. Plus it would double the commerciality of the film to have not just one relevant artist record a song.

hmm Spy by Ellie Goulding...

Alright I will listen to it but I was praying for a rock theme well I guess I will have to wait.
  • I think Ellie could do something quite haunting.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    If it is SPECTRE's title theme, then I surely hope that "spy" is not the final title but just some working title to cover it from the media (although calling it spy is not exactly the best coverage title for a Bond song).
    another recording of "We Have All the Time in the World"
    It'd be to good to be true.
    great way to get yourself media attention for free, its too obvious to be true IMHO
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited July 2015 Posts: 3,675
    Spy sounds like what Ivy Levan recorded for Spy.

So many people are saying that word, it's beginning to sound strange.
    Not sure I see the "clear" overtones to OHMSS here. Snow? A number of Bond movies have snow/winter scenes. Spectre? Ditto. A third-party using the OHMSS theme in the trailer is hardly conclusive. Also, OHMSS didn't really have two songs with vocals (unless you count the annoying "Do you know where Christmas Trees are Made"). But there are a number of other Bond films with two songs performed by vocalists -- like TLD, LTK, GE, TND. I really think SP is going to stand on its own.

That said, I have no issue with the idea of a Goulding song at the end or somewhere in the middle of the film, if its appropriate. Am holding out for a surprise announcement (hopefully a pleasant surprise) on the performer for the theme song.
    Given the buzz the showbiz411 article will cause, i wonder if the powers that be will announce the theme performer sooner rather than later. It doesn't mean they have to release the song. And heck -- Madonna front-ran the producers by months, announcing her involvement in DAD.
  • Radiohead become latest favourites for 'James Bond' theme following anonymous £15,000 bet

nme.com/news/radiohead/87194

This part is interesting:

Radiohead overtake Ellie Goulding as the favourite. Earlier today Goulding posted a picture of herself leaving Abbey Road studios, where the theme is traditionally recorded, but a spokesperson has since confirmed that she was working on her new studio album at the London studio. 

A spokesperson for Radiohead did not immediately reply to NME's request for comment on this story.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Radiohead? Oh, heck yeah!
    Radiohead don't you dare play with my emotions
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Radiohead would be a dream, no other band since them has ever compared to their sheer talent and diversity. I still have yet to hear an album by any band that matches OK Computer since it's release, it still remains my favourite album of any band that has been released in the last 20 years.

Remember that interview with Dan and Thom some years back, Craig is a big fan and if one band can gain attention with any of their releases and also have credibility it would be them. Radiohead releases still send the internet into overdrive and create a huge buzz.

Personally it sounds too good to be true and although that large bet makes it sound like someone has inside info, I'm unlikely to believe it till it's officially announced but yeah that would be the cherry on top and most likely the best Bond theme since the glory days of Barry.
    I'm willing to give Elle a chance. I DO NOT want Adele back no no. Once is enough for me
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Why can't Shirley Bassy just come back!!!!
  • RC7RC7
    Radiohead would be a bloody dirge.