Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Jack White - Columbia/ XL both Sony Subs /Alisha Keyes - Sony/Columbia

Don't let Alicia Keys read that.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    Jack White - Columbia/ XL both Sony Subs /Alisha Keyes - Sony/Columbia

Don't let Alicia Keys read that.

You do realise every single time you now post in MI6 community I will be posting any spelling mistakes you make just to make a point lol better have your spell checker turned on lol.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    edited July 2015 Posts: 191
    Going to Throw a curve ball from left field, not someone who has been suggested so far, but had recent chart success, is on Columbia and fits the criteria met by other artists who have been selected to do the theme during the Craig Era - John Legend

Hmm, I don't think i'd mind Mr. Legend, I'm not into R&B but he seems like an interesting choice.

There are a few nice choices from that list, my favorite being Radiohead (and by extension albeit to a slightly lesser extent Thom Yorke), they'll probably be approached by Christopher Nolan when his turn comes to helm, I understand they are his all time favourite band (as they're mine :D)
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I despair what 20 somethings have to get into in the world of new music when I was in my 20's I had the 90's, the last real creative and diverse decade where some of the greatest bands of the last 3 decades came to the forefront.

There is no Blur, Radiohead, Massive Attack, Portishead, Nirvana or Pearl Jam to shake up the music scene now, The Arctic Monkeys ( look I've mentioned them) are about the last truly great band this country has produced.

To think people think Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran & Ellie Goulding is the cream of the crop around now. Peoples tastes have really got worse but listening to music on little buds or horrendous quality lap top speakers doesn't help, plus people rarely listen to music and just that, they are either running, doing the housework or whatever distracts them.

How can you appreciate music that way? No wonder people having fallen for all this bland crap around now. I have an MP3 but if I want to listen to music properly I fire up the turntable pull out some choice slices of vinyl kick back and immerse myself in it.

I completely understand why there has been a revival in turntables and vinyl, yes there is the nostalgia factor but it's not just that, the quality for instance. People are realising that there is more to music than a digits and bytes and shuffling or whatever it is those plastic bit of crap do.

Personally I'm 20 years or more going strong buying vinyl, there is no better way to enjoy music out there if you truly are a fan of the medium.

their is a lot decent of new stuff released in the past 20 years

While this is slightly off topic here are 20 good albums released in my 20;s (2006-2016)
    1. Fly From Here Yes (2011)
    2. Heaven & Earth Yes (2014 )
    3. The Prog Collective The Prog Collective (Debut album from them 2013)
    4. Circa Circa (debut album from them 2007)
    5. Why Not Ringo Star (2012)
    6. New Paul McCartney (2013)
    7. Epilogue The Prog Collective (2014 I think)
    8. Kalidescope Transatlantic (2014)
    9. The Endless River Pink Floyd (2014)
    10. Toto XIV Toto (2015)
    11. Jackaranda Trevor Rabin (2012)
    12. Brief Nocturnes and Dreamless Sleep Spock's Beard (2013)
    13. Clockwork Angels Rush (2012)
    14. Grand Experiment Neal Morse (2015
    15. A New Way of Life Mabel Greer's Toyshop (2015)
    16. Made in Basing Street The Producers (2012)
    17. Snakes And Arrows Rush (2007)
    18. On an Island David Gilmour (2006)
    19. White White (2006)
    20. Suqackett Squackett (2012)

I could of easily done like 20 more but good music is being released every year just have to find it.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    As long as it isn't as bad as DAD an AWTD...

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    John Legend would be great for the main theme, though he's American.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Walecs wrote: »

Still better than most of Newman's efforts on Skyfall.
    Who's the latest rumor to sing the theme?
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Who's the latest rumor to sing the theme?

John Newman

I actually think he would do a good job, his track "love me again" has a big sound.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    RC7 wrote: »
    There's a Sony TV monitor in the Toyota in YOLT. They've had a reasonably longstanding product placement relationship with Sony.

Interesting stuff. Should play spot the Sony on my next marathon. Until recently, itt's one of the little publicised product placements. In TND the phone is an Ericsson which I don't think was Sony Ericsson yet

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Paloma Faith would be the obvious choice in my book - she's certainly "got the range" for a Bond theme.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I despair!
  • SasSas
    They invited Adele to work on the theme song in early 2011. So I think the artist for the Spectre title song is someone who was already an established and popular artist in early 2014.

With this information...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_top_10_singles_in_2013
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_top_10_singles_in_2014

I would say it's maybe Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandé, Avicii, Olly Murs, Calvin Harris, Pharrell Williams, Rihanna, will.i.am, Justin Timberlake, Sam Smith or OneRepublic. These artists had several hit singles in 2013 and early 2014. Only 2 artists of this group are British and signed to Sony: Olly Murs and Calvin Harris. Olly Murs is not very well known outside the UK. But what about Calvin Harris? He is a hitmaker, but would he be suitable for James Bond?

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,459
    Olly Murs is moost know from track ''Wrapped Up'' and this was not alone but featuring credit like some of his others. If you see clip, you mabey think about LTK videoclip and Goldeneye maintitle.

Funny opening of this video from this male singer named Axel, born in Argentine but have Belgium father. Making music for Sony and Universal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axel_(singer)

If you go to some of his video's you wil found Lyric video from same song as above with a bit of Skyfall look like maintitle and lyrics like Adele her video.
    http://www.axelweb.com.ar/videos/
    http://www.axelweb.com.ar/portfolio/y-que-lyric-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=134&v=4nOR-9sh4pw

Mendes said in a BBC 3 radio interview today the track has been recorded and that is fantastic.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 1,215
    Makes me wonder. How many rumors did we have of artist who actually went in and recorded? I know I'd heard about AM, Sam Smith, and Adele actually having recording something already.

By the way @SirHilaryBray have you heard anything else from your friend at Notting Hill?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Makes me wonder. How many rumors did we have of artist who actually went in and recorded? I know I'd heard about AM, Sam Smith, and Adele actually having recording something already.

Should we narrow it down to these guys?
  • Possibly. I have to say, it impresses me how under the radar they're able to keep a lot of this. At this point, I'll be happy as long as it's not Sam Smith or Ellie Goulding. I think we need something with a little bit of punch, which is something they both lack.

By the way @SirHilaryBray have you heard anything else from your friend at Notting Hill?

Nothing further silence is golden. Nothing since the initial info. I read somewhere Adele had recorded two songs for sections of the film but not the main theme.
  • Don't forget FKA Twigs, she was also mentioned a while ago to have worked with Adele on the theme song
    I have a long list with artist that could sing the title song
    Always one of the things I can not wait for to hear. But for SPECTRE I still hope
    it will be Adele. I think that should be great or else
    John Newman
    Paloma Faith
    London Grammar
    and Ed Sheeran
  • After reading the script, I think a modern Live and Let Die type song would be a fitting theme. That's why I'm hoping for a performer with a little bit of edge. John Newman isn't a terrible idea. I think he's far better suited than Sam Smith.

As for FKA Twigs, I feel like that's so left field and random that there almost has to be some truth to that. I do remember hearing elsewhere that the film will actually have multiple songs, so I think we may get a separate end credits theme.
    "Lying" is the new trend on social media. Good "diversionary tactics" if I may say so. And luckily it works on a few occassions ;-). Because Sam Smith denied it fiercely, I think he'll be the man who's singing it :-).
    Going to Throw a curve ball from left field, not someone who has been suggested so far, but had recent chart success, is on Columbia and fits the criteria met by other artists who have been selected to do the theme during the Craig Era - John Legend

I´d be delighted if it was him, though I suppose it´s not likely.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Its going to be Sam Smith or equally boring so don't get excited.
  • Going to Throw a curve ball from left field, not someone who has been suggested so far, but had recent chart success, is on Columbia and fits the criteria met by other artists who have been selected to do the theme during the Craig Era - John Legend

Now there's an idea.

edited July 2015 Posts: 2,138

Now there's an idea.

Two Songs one he did on Django Unchained, both tracks previously journo's reckon could have also worked as a Bond theme, to add further weight a film which also starred our very own Cristoph Waltz. Legend maybe a winner

Thoughts?

I was over in NYC from Scotland August 2013 and was lucky enough to get tickets for David Letterman and Legend was the music guest, it was the world premiere of his "All of you" track I was never a fan before but they guy is super talented, definately the standard of artist who should be doing a Bond theme.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 372
    I know this is not really going to happen, but based on the new trailer, woudldn't it be funny if they said the OHMSS would be the new title song? :p I mean, Mendes did say it was already recorded.
  • walter1985walter1985 Rotterdam
    I know this is not really going to happen, but based on the new trailer, woudldn't it be funny if they said the OHMSS would be the new title song? :p I mean, Mendes did say it was already recorded.

it would be great :-D