SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I never said it was a carbon copy, just in spirit. But, I like what we have so far.
  • RC7RC7
    Ludovico wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Despite the Red Grant comparison, I really feel like Hinx is more of a mature version of Oddjob, someone who has the brawn and more brain than the man with the bowler.

I like that Hinx, while a return to iconic henchmen, is not another Grant clone. He seems to be very much his own man. He does have some characteristics of Oddjob (the elegant clothes contrasting with the brutish appearance), but not to the point of being a carbon copy.

Visually, I see a unique henchman. Narratively, I expect the same to be true. I think he'll really come to life when we see the movie.

Good that he is Hispanic too.

Yes, definitely.
    I wonder what kind of interaction with his allies Hinx will have. Will he be obedient or insubordinate?

Will be interesting to see. My instinct says obedient, but only to number one. I get a Necros vibe from him. Capable, ruthless, but happy to defer to his superior. It's why I don't see the Grant connection. Grant appears to be a unerringly compliant, but I always got the impression he wouldn't think twice about taking down Blofeld if it called for it.
    Despite the Red Grant comparison, I really feel like Hinx is more of a mature version of Oddjob, someone who has the brawn and more brain than the man with the bowler.

I like that Hinx, while a return to iconic henchmen, is not another Grant clone. He seems to be very much his own man. He does have some characteristics of Oddjob (the elegant clothes contrasting with the brutish appearance), but not to the point of being a carbon copy.

First of all, we don't know a thing about Hinx' character at the moment. Yes he's the henchman. But will he be more talkative than Oddjob? Has he got a pro-active approach as boduguard of Madeleine Swann? We don't know that aspect yet.

Secondly, henchmen are foremost characters that aren't that multi-layered as certain Bond-girls and James Bond himself. Bond has at least certain historical background that he carries with him trhough various Bond adventures. Even more so with the Craig-era films.

But henchmen, if it's a Donald Grant, Stamper, Necros or Oddjob, are usually not the most "deep characters". Still, from what I have seen so far I have a feeling Hinx will be smart, thus a bit more like Donald Grant. Oddjob for me was a rather...ehm....."clowny" henchman. More of a dumb executioner than a henchman with brains.

So I never hope to see clones or rip-off's. But it would be nice if Hinx has slightly more in common with Grant.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Léa Seydoux hints at Christoph Waltz's 'mean' new Bond villain in 'Spectre'

She also shares some scenes with her Inglourious Basterds co-star Christoph Waltz, who stars in Spectre (out Nov. 6) as the shadowy Franz Oberhauser. (Literally, the man is a shadow in the first trailer.) According to Seydoux, he’s a pretty complex guy:
    “He’s mean. But he has a human side. I don’t know if I can say touching, but you can have a real attachment to him. You have empathy (for him), and that’s why he’s going to be great in this role.”

Bond aficionados may find out more when the new Spectre trailer debuts on 007.com early tomorrow morning (3 a.m. EST). Meanwhile Seydoux has already gone ahead and come up with a great new tagline for the project:
    “It’s gonna be unex-Spectre-d.”
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    I am so here for all the intrigue :-bd

First of all, we don't know a thing about Hinx' character at the moment. Yes he's the henchman. But will he be more talkative than Oddjob? Has he got a pro-active approach as boduguard of Madeleine Swann? We don't know that aspect yet.

Secondly, henchmen are foremost characters that aren't that multi-layered as certain Bond-girls and James Bond himself. Bond has at least certain historical background that he carries with him trhough various Bond adventures. Even more so with the Craig-era films.

But henchmen, if it's a Donald Grant, Stamper, Necros or Oddjob, are usually not the most "deep characters". Still, from what I have seen so far I have a feeling Hinx will be smart, thus a bit more like Donald Grant. Oddjob for me was a rather...ehm....."clowny" henchman. More of a dumb executioner than a henchman with brains.

So I never hope to see clones or rip-off's. But it would be nice if Hinx has slightly more in common with Grant.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Bautista said Hinx would be more than a grunting thug? I think I remember him saying he'd be educated or something of the sort.
    I have a feeling Hinx will be smart, thus a bit more like Donald Grant. Oddjob for me was a rather...ehm....."clowny" henchman. More of a dumb executioner than a henchman with brains.
    One thing they both have in common though: signature kills.
  • RC7RC7

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Bautista said Hinx would be more than a grunting thug? I think I remember him saying he'd be educated or something of the sort.

Yeah, it was reported that he's not just the 'muscle'.

But that again is what the producers would have to say, isn't it? It would be hard to emagine them presenting him in another way.
  • RC7RC7
    jobo wrote: »

But that again is what the producers would have to say, isn't it? It would be hard to emagine them presenting him in another way.

Not really, they could easily just say, 'He's the muscle'.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    So Hinx is going to be a chivalrous, well tailored terminator.
  • RC7RC7
    doubleoego wrote: »
    So Hinx is going to be a chivalrous, well tailored terminator.

Sounds good to me.

To me he's a cross between odd job and grant. The first thing I thought when I saw him was odd job, although the I'm getting the feeling that he will have plenty of originality

15 years ago maybe. Not in this 'modern era' intent on eliminating old clichès.
  • RC7RC7

15 years ago maybe. Not in this 'modern era' intent on eliminating old clichès.

Well they cited Jaws, so I don't think they're being too precious in how his role is perceived and that in itself is more cliche than merely suggesting a character is 'the muscle'. Either way, I'm intrigued to see him in full flow.
  • x007AceOfSpadesx007AceOfSpades Sunny Southern California
    antovolk wrote: »
    UHQ versions:
    635729968251944878-L-A-SEYDOUX-SPECTRE-74567356.JPG

This will make for a nice desktop background!
    antovolk wrote: »
    UHQ versions:
    635729968251944878-L-A-SEYDOUX-SPECTRE-74567356.JPG

This will make for a nice desktop background!

I wonder if my wife would agree to putting it on our bedroom ceiling?

That picture seems to be from inside the Moroccan Oriental Desert Express, from Oujda to Bouarfa :-).
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 3,168
    Mostly scenes from Mexico and Rome. No exterior scenes from Morocco shown. Nor the climax at the Thames. Good thing that it doesn't reveal too much. Great full length trailer.
    Finally we get to see this:
    6cxC5rc.jpg
    Is this really...
    M fighting 'C'?`
    pgPnmXe.jpg
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    NEW SYNOPSIS: (spoilers!)
    A cryptic message from the past sends James Bond on a rogue mission to Mexico City and eventually Rome, where he meets Lucia Sciarra (Monica Bellucci), the beautiful and forbidden widow of an infamous criminal. Bond infiltrates a secret meeting and uncovers the existence of the sinister organisation known as SPECTRE.

Meanwhile back in London, Max Denbigh (Andrew Scott), the new head of the Centre for National Security, questions Bond’s actions and challenges the relevance of MI6, led by M (Ralph Fiennes). Bond covertly enlists Moneypenny (Naomie Harris) and Q (Ben Whishaw) to help him seek out Madeleine Swann (Léa Seydoux), the daughter of his old nemesis Mr White (Jesper Christensen), who may hold the clue to untangling the web of SPECTRE. As the daughter of an assassin, she understands Bond in a way most others cannot.

As Bond ventures towards the heart of SPECTRE, he learns of a chilling connection between himself and the enemy he seeks, played by Christoph Waltz.
    And I think we got our first peek of Brigitte Millar's character,
    Dr Vogel. And trust me, her character will have more importance than many of us think. Could she play a Rosa Klebb-esque 2nd-in-command- after Oberhauser. She seems to have an important seat at the table....:

n53tQO.jpg
    kvJoLm.jpg
  • New photos!

SPECTRE-Film-Stills-00436.jpg
    SPECTRE-Film-Stills-01340.jpg
    SPECTRE-Film-Stills-01395.jpg
    SPECTRE-Film-Stills-05872.jpg
    SPECTRE-Film-Stills-08234.jpg
    SPECTRE-Film-Stills-09158.jpg
    SPECTRE-Film-Stills-20635.jpg
    SPECTRE-Film-Stills-PT-09747.jpg

I've fully analized the trailer. And I can only say this. The people involved in this film (Sam Mendes, Barbara and Michael, John Logan, Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, Hoyte van Hoytema and Daniel Craig) put their deepest "fan-being" in this film.

There's really.....a wonderful kind of love in really EVERY aspect of this film. Just....have a look at these pictures/images I made (SPOILERS AHEAD!!!):
    There was a huge discussion going on about 007's Aston Martin DB5 to re-appear in this film. As we all know, it got destroyed in "Skyfall". But here you see a 'new' DB5 is being build/tested/equiped. A quick peek:
    vHh8J6.jpg

Will Lucia Sciarra become another "sacrificial lamb", like so many other Bond girls from the past? One would say "yes" after seeing the full trailer. But just at the moment you think Sciarra is being shot, someone else is shooting at the two hitmen behind her:
    SfvCrY.jpg

I've talked before about injecting some "gore" in a Bond film. Well, this image is not for young 'eyes', as it now seems Hinx indeed popped out someone's eye. It's perhaps one of the most horrific images ever in a Bond film:
    i2EV7o.jpg

There was a lot of criticism in here about equipping Bond's new Aston Martin DB10 with lots of Q-gadgets. But, I think the people really re-introduced and re-imagined the gadgets in Bond's car carefully. In these pictures you can actually see that....the gadgets seem to be in some kind of 'test-phase'. The buttons are assembled on top of the luxury dashboard in a rather clumsy way. A perfect way of introducing gadgets if I may say so.....The "backfire button" is now officially a "Q-gadget" ;-):
    RP6Gsy.jpg
    yQfOvi.jpg

I have a feeling that the re-imagined S.P.E.C.T.R.E. is not just sinister, mysterious and scary. It IS sinister, mysterious and scary. And I think there's also a connection with the villain Silva from SF. It seems that his.....hacking-work is now being executed by S.P.E.C.T.R.E. in a much much larger scale. Just look at all the people in this picture working in front of a big PC screen. It's kinda....scary no? Perhaps a fate of our human civilization??:
    hjJX7h.jpg

I think we're going to see some more of the mysterious character Doctor Vogel, played by British actress Brigitte Millar. She appears to have a rather important seat in the S.P.E.C.T.R.E.-conference room. Also, her role has never officially been confirmed yet:
    n53tQO.jpg
    kvJoLm.jpg

And lastly, this is a wonderful reference to Sean's white dinner jacket as worn in "Goldfinger". It even has a red rose in it. Great attention to detail from the producers :-):
    5opJQy.jpg
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    OMG trailer potentialy greatest Bond ever or since FRWL. It looks timeless and epic. Wont sleep until October now!
    OMG trailer potentialy greatest Bond ever or since FRWL. It looks timeless and epic. Wont sleep until October now!

Just look at this @SirHilaryBray :-P:

• RC7RC7
    The first classic villain's lair of the DC era?

4on7v2K.png
    A classic villian lair!?!? OHMSS theme. Spectre is back. Omg i think im in heaven!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2015 Posts: 10,588
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Mostly scenes from Mexico and Rome. No exterior scenes from Morocco shown. Nor the climax at the Thames. Good thing that it doesn't reveal too much. Great full length trailer.
    Finally we get to see this:
    6cxC5rc.jpg
    Is this really...
    M fighting 'C'?`
    pgPnmXe.jpg
    See very last shot.

By the way, Spectre is the second most trending twitter topic right now.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    The trailer is absolutely phenomenal. It makes me feel like everything between OHMSS to CR was just filler, this is truly a golden era of Bond movies.
  • walter1985walter1985 Rotterdam
    edited July 2015 Posts: 91
    haven't checked the link yet, but Popcorn Share claims that the full movie is online...

https://twitter.com/PopcornShare/status/623795767711547392