SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,116
    jobo wrote: »
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    jobo wrote: »
    I sure hope Spielberg never gets to direct a Bond film! He'd make it a cheese fest and "Americanize" what is supposed to be a brittish franchise. Good old Cubby seemed to agree.

Yeah Spielberg just couldn't "get" Bond in the way that proven masters like Roger Spottiswoode, Marc Forster, and Lee Tamahori could. And yes, he'd be way too cheesy. Can you imagine the kind of nonsense he'd put into a Bond film? Who knows, we'd probably have, I dunno, Blofeld in drag, having Bond hang out with a redneck sheriff, or grabbing a sumo wrestler's buttocks, or running round in a gorilla or clown suit, or have the lead actor dubbed for half the movie, or snowboarding to the Beach Boys. A through and through Brit like Cubby has too much integrity for that sort of thing. Britttttish only!

You get the point, I agree wholeheartedly! The directors you mention made some of the worst films in the series. Please don't let Spielberg do the same! Bond should not be a run of the mill, clichè action film like Spielberg specializes in making.

You left out Apted and Glen. .
    antovolk wrote: »
    UHQ versions:
    635729968251944878-L-A-SEYDOUX-SPECTRE-74567356.JPG

635729969092489042-MONICA-BELLUCCI-SPECTRE-74567358.JPG

635729970763437175-NAOMIEHARRIS-SPECTRE-74567354.JPG

635729971825661602-XXX-STEPHANIESIGMAN-SPECTRE-DCB-74610387.JPG

Stunning pictures of our Spectre ladies!!! Thanks for posting them!!! :x Roll on 8AM tomorrow morning!!!!! <:-P
    bring on 3am EST! Lets do this!
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Dave Bautista (or just Batista as my kids know him) talks a little about Mr Hinx.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/07/dave-bautista-talks-mr-hinx-role-in-spectre.html
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Dave Bautista (or just Batista as my kids know him) talks a little about Mr Hinx.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/07/dave-bautista-talks-mr-hinx-role-in-spectre.html

Sounds good, thanx for posting. Glad he has some manners.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    edited July 2015 Posts: 252
    Does the picture show Moneypenny
    visting Bond in his flat?
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK

Sounds good, thanx for posting. Glad he has some manners.

Yep, looking forward to seeing him. Loved his turn as Drax in GOTG.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2015 Posts: 8,127
    If there is one aspect I am looking forward to most, it's Hinx.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    If there is one aspect I am looking forward to most, it's Hinx.

For me, it's Lea Seydoux and the Rome car chase.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

I really like the way Hinx is sounding. There are definite parallels between he and Bond. Can't wait to see the two beat the hell out of each other.

• chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly

Personaje GQ: Christoph Waltz
    El arma secreta de Hollywood

21 de Julio del 2015

christoph_waltz_9305_620x413.jpg
    The Action sequences in Mexico are outrageous, to say the least, and the scenes we filmed in Austria show the traditional snow action on the Bond films.

http://www.gq.com.mx/actualidad/personajes/articulos/personaje-gq-christoph-waltz/5238
    Nice picture. Sure he isn t Blofeld, and no American President ever lied to the people.
    The henchman of the Craig era seem more like background characters, they aren't really given the spotlight they were previously. Growing up, I always enjoyed the henchman aspect of the films. Then with the Brosnan films (Goldeneye excluded) the henchman seemed to change from being wonderfully colourful and menacing characters to bland cardboard cutouts. So I'm glad that SPECTRE seems to taking the bull by the horns on this issue. Now if only we could we a return of the army vs army fights I would be in heaven. There is no better finale to a Bond IMO. :x
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Good point. We need a new Red Grant, Rosa Klebb, Oddjob etc iconic henchman.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 591
    Dave Bautista tweeted this:

Watch the new #SPECTRE trailer tomorrow and come back Thur for my chat w/ @IMDb. Use #AskBautistaSPECTRE for your Q’s

CKdDMOqUkAAIQR7.jpg:large

That was the point of SP having a character like Hinx. It's supposed to reintroduce an iconic henchman.
    Dave Bautista tweeted this:

Watch the new #SPECTRE trailer tomorrow and come back Thur for my chat w/ @IMDb. Use #AskBautistaSPECTRE for your Q’s

CKdDMOqUkAAIQR7.jpg:large

That picture! \m/ we're back, everybody! Bond is back!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Just a lost video from January showing Ben Whishaw filming a scene for SPECTRE in Obertilliach, Austria. Video courtesy of Mr. Thomas Gleitsmann

Nice picture. Sure he isn t Blofeld, and no American President ever lied to the people.

Or perhaps Waltz plays the chief Doctor of the
    Höffler Clinic
    :-P. Doctor....Julius No!
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Good point. We need a new Red Grant, Rosa Klebb, Oddjob etc iconic henchman.

Look, there are THREE Bond girls Bond will be bedding: Swann, Sciarra and Estrella. All three of them good women? No way. One of these three will be the Irma Bunt or Rosa Klebb of the film :-). Perhaps it's Lucia Bunt? Or Estrella Bunt? :-P

And indeed, then we have Hinx. Having rewatched the TV trailer he surely is modelled after Donald Grant.

• edited July 2015 Posts: 591
    I like how we've been moaning that we've had nothing from Spectre, now we've got images of all the Bond girls, a full trailer tomorrow and a Q&A session with Dave Bautista on Thursday. Who knows what else we'll get?
    I feel as high as a kite right now.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I feel as high as a kite right now.

Dancing in a hurricane?
    No but there's a dance going on in my pants.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Despite the Red Grant comparison, I really feel like Hinx is more of a mature version of Oddjob, someone who has the brawn and more brain than the man with the bowler.
    635729971825661602-XXX-STEPHANIESIGMAN-SPECTRE-DCB-74610387.JPG

Is that a wig on the bed in the bottom left corner?

That's a scarf, surely.
    Despite the Red Grant comparison, I really feel like Hinx is more of a mature version of Oddjob, someone who has the brawn and more brain than the man with the bowler.

I like that Hinx, while a return to iconic henchmen, is not another Grant clone. He seems to be very much his own man. He does have some characteristics of Oddjob (the elegant clothes contrasting with the brutish appearance), but not to the point of being a carbon copy.
  • RC7RC7
    Ludovico wrote: »

I like that Hinx, while a return to iconic henchmen, is not another Grant clone. He seems to be very much his own man. He does have some characteristics of Oddjob (the elegant clothes contrasting with the brutish appearance), but not to the point of being a carbon copy.

Visually, I see a unique henchman. Narratively, I expect the same to be true. I think he'll really come to life when we see the movie.
    As long as he doesn t return in B25 and falls in love with Molly Hinx and becomes a GoodyGoody, we are good.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »

Visually, I see a unique henchman. Narratively, I expect the same to be true. I think he'll really come to life when we see the movie.

Good that he is Hispanic too.
    edited July 2015 Posts: 8,127
    I wonder what kind of interaction with his allies Hinx will have. Will he be obedient or insubordinate? Will he cooperate with other goons, or snatch guns out of their hands? I'd like maybe a line or a noise from him in the trailer that reveals a bit of the type of character he will be.