The James Bond Wardrobe/Style Thread

Comments

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    That was his naval uniform in you only live twice I believe.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    @Superintendent That's a great photo, and it perfectly illustrates that Connery's suits in the early Bond films are not as timeless as some people think they are. I mean look how high those trousers are on his waist!

What, do you not pull your trousers up to your armpits? ;)
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    aaron819 wrote: »
    What does everybody think about what will Bond be wearing in Morocco

And What does everybody think about that turtle neck sweater in the teaser poster, where will we see it in the film. I love Daniel's look in that photo.

I suppose that in Morocco he will be wearing something like the shirt we saw him wear in the Mexico interview and some navy pants.

I'd love to hear other thoughts about these two topics including anything else you find interesting discussing! ;) :) :)

For Morrocco, I'm thinking perhaps a pale beige linen suit. Would work well in the warm climate. As for the teaser poster outfit, I'm beginning to wonder if it was just for publicity purposes as struggling to see where it could feature, the remaining London/Pinewood shoot looks most likely.

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    JCRendle wrote: »
    JCRendle wrote: »
    All this talk about suspenders. To me, suspenders are what women wear to hold up their stockings, aka Garters - The image of Bond in suspenders, isn't pleasant ;)

B-)

f13-17-204.jpg

My Anti-Malware program is blocking your image. I'm guessing you're trying to show an image of Connery in Zardoz?

As @SirHilaryBray said, it's a photo from YOLT, made between the takes. Here's the direct link: http://seanconneryfan.ru/str2/f13-17-204.html

Unfortunately the direct link is blocked too. Ah well.
    tumblr_nm8i1uIggX1rv0z1no1_250.jpg
    Highly recommended:
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Any more pics of ill-fitting Tom Ford suits (aka 'tom-foolery' ...see what I did there ;;) ) turned up in the SP production threads?
    I don't read them as I don't want to read anything spoiler-ish.
    Tons. You should see them. One worse then the other. :))
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Tons. You should see them. One worse then the other. :))

<ugh>… :-/ I find myself torn between a morbid desire to see these sartorial horrors & my reluctance to view any spoiler material…
    Maybe try to contact the ghost of Villiers/Bentley and get all the info. 8-X
    Spectre cufflinks...$35 U. S.il_fullxfull.600484708_3okd.jpg

Did he get bounced?
    edited April 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Spectre Emblem Ghoul or Octopuss debate?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    doghouse wrote: »

Did he get bounced?

Yep.

So how about this. Finally acceptable?
    CCk2IuyUgAE0hPR_zpsnwrelz1y.jpg
    An infinitely better fitting suit but it's clearly not part of the attire he wears in SP. In fact how old is this pic?
    Go to the appreciation thread. He is being named Un ambassador etc etc. today.
    Following in the foot steps of Roger Moore in advocating help for the vulnerable. I salute you DC! :-bd
    That video is like a drinking game. 2 fingers every time you hear 'the bond experience'
    edited April 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Go to the appreciation thread. He is being named Un ambassador etc etc. today.

Yeah thanks I've just seen them. Good on him for such a noble and worthy cause.

edited April 2015 Posts: 1,727
    So how about this. Finally acceptable?
    CCk2IuyUgAE0hPR_zpsnwrelz1y.jpg

Well, if you insist...
    The three button jacket doesn't suit Craig's squat frame and the waist isn't tailored properly. A single-breasted two button suit is more flattering for him, he could wear a 3-button, but it would have to be absolutely perfectly tailored to work.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The suit is better fitting than the ones we've seen to date for SP (although I recognize we've just been looking at production photos for SP which may not fully reflect the finished product).

I agree that a single breasted two button (when properly fitted) would likely be the better look for him.

No complaints from me really with this one though - it fits more like the QoS attire, which I always liked.
    It fits much better, though I am not a fan of the style personally. I like a softer shoulder. Two button and more proportionate lapels would probably be a little better too.
    Dan appears to be wearing an Omega PO. The suit looks like is from Sprin Summer 2015 Brioni. There is a video here of Daniel talking about his new UN role you can see more of the suit. http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/apr/15/daniel-craig-named-un-global-advocate-against-landmines
    Speaking of Brioni is this not similar to the suit we have seen Dan wear in the Mexio scenes http://www.brioni.com/experience/en/look/catalogoss15_10/ could it be that TF don't have sole custody of suits in Spectre?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I think the Omega PO is his personal watch. He has the original limited edition Planet Ocean 2500 Liquid Metal (of which there are only 1948 made). The limited edition looks like the standard PO that he wore in QoS, but has a rare ceramic liquid metal face & bezel. It's a beautiful piece with a sort of 3d effect.

spwvnb.png

P1000900.jpg
    Craig has many watches; mainly Omegas and rolexes. He's a WIS.

Even the seamaster 300 mastercoaxial he's wearing in SP is his own personal watch.
    As creators of the Conduit Cut and James Bond's original tailors, we'd obviously love to see Craig (or any future Bond) back in Anthony Sinclair.

Whilst it's true that the Conduit Cut looked very different on Connery back in the 60s than Ford's suits look on Craig today, most notably in the fit, the Conduit Cut has developed over the years and today is more up-to-date, whilst still retaining the classic elements that define the cut.
    As creators of the Conduit Cut and James Bond's original tailors, we'd obviously love to see Craig (or any future Bond) back in Anthony Sinclair.

Whilst it's true that the Conduit Cut looked very different on Connery back in the 60s than Ford's suits look on Craig today, most notably in the fit, the Conduit Cut has developed over the years and today is more up-to-date, whilst still retaining the classic elements that define the cut.

Nice of you to drop in.
    Though not quite sure AnthonySinclair can lay claim to have 'created' the conduit cut look... these cuts based on military tailoring seemed to eminate from various sources on Saville Row.
    Well, that's quite a welcome @AceHole.

Anthony Sinclair has long been credited as the creator of the conduit cut, but you are, of course, entitled to your opinion.