The James Bond Wardrobe/Style Thread

Comments

• TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Agreed.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    CF4S5SsVEAAyk7y.jpg
    I really like Vaughn's look above.
    Not as much the other two.
    Vaughn has more of a smart looking, looser fitting jacket style, which I like, moreso than the tighter fit of the other two.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    290E57F800000578-0-image-m-25_1432548953338.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Prepare for criticism.
    As creators of the Conduit Cut and James Bond's original tailors, we'd obviously love to see Craig (or any future Bond) back in Anthony Sinclair...

Indeed! There are many here who love the classic Connery look from the early Bond films.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, @AnthonySinclair. I hope you enjoy your time here and that you are made to feel welcome.

The thing I like about Connery suits is that they look 'natural'. There have been several shots of Craig where he appears to be pinched.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Agreed @Perdogg, I like the way you put that. Pinched is certainly a good word for it.

Regarding the photo above, I like the hair but that's about it. Shades of Moore in LALD again (Mendes seems to love that film), although Moore's wearing a double breasted.

art140901-james-bond-live-let-die-roger-moore-navy-jacket.jpg
    timmer wrote: »
    I really like Vaughn's look above.
    Not as much the other two.
    Vaughn has more of a smart looking, looser fitting jacket style, which I like, moreso than the tighter fit of the other two.

First the Illya Kuryakin turtleneck and now Napoleon Solo's assault outfit (old series / new film). Everything old is new again.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    bondjames wrote: »
    Agreed @Perdogg, I like the way you put that. Pinched is certainly a good word for it.

Regarding the photo above, I like the hair but that's about it. Shades of Moore in LALD again (Mendes seems to love that film), although Moore's wearing a double breasted.

Although Rog is wearing a light blue shirt, which I think is a better choice for Craig anyway.
    k5bxty7gncptgdt1x7u2.jpg
    You can check out a video of what firing a double-barreled pistol is like, simliar to the one that will be used by Hinx in Spectre, over on my blog at Beyond James Bond.
    http://beyondjamesbond.kinja.com/
    I love that Hinx is not merely a clone of previous henchmen, in look at least.
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »

Moore just looks fantastic here. Elegant yet bad ass.
    I far prefer Moore when he was finding his feet as Bond in both LALD and TMWTGG than in TSWLM. I think he never looked more Bondian than in LALD.
    edited May 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I've always loved this scene. Solitaire's voice in the background, Martin's score blaring with the LALD tune incorporated, and Moore coming into the Big Apple looking as cool and as Bondian as can be. "A man comes. He travels quickly. He has purpose. He comes over water. He travels with others. He will oppose. He brings violence and destruction."
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2015 Posts: 10,588
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    k5bxty7gncptgdt1x7u2.jpg
    You can check out a video of what firing a double-barreled pistol is like, simliar to the one that will be used by Hinx in Spectre, over on my blog at Beyond James Bond.
    Looks very powerful. I especially like how they've managed to give the villain an outlandish weapon without entering the world of camp. Website looking good by the way.
    11329805_946041672093511_7983821341874278296_n.jpg?oh=93a9aab23cb93c541eef1d4cdb176419&oe=55EE0208

Daniel Craig spotted in the Sanders & Sanders Playboy chukka boots during the filming of the SPECTRE finale.
    jake24 wrote: »
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    k5bxty7gncptgdt1x7u2.jpg
    Looks very powerful. I especially like how they've managed to give the villain an outlandish weapon without entering the world of camp. Website looking good by the way.

Hinx might be channeling a bit of Oddjob: wearing black, the old fashioned cap, the brutish frame in with elegant clothes.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    ggl007 wrote: »
    CF4S5SsVEAAyk7y.jpg

The jacket Dan is wearing is a bomber jacket by Tom Ford from this season's spring/summer it is a very deep purple and is like a suede feel to it. It comes with a furry collar which wardrobe have removed it costs around $3700.00
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    11329805_946041672093511_7983821341874278296_n.jpg?oh=93a9aab23cb93c541eef1d4cdb176419&oe=55EE0208

Daniel Craig spotted in the Sanders & Sanders Playboy chukka boots during the filming of the SPECTRE finale.

Thanks for the spoiler.
    Spectre finale? thats's still to be filmed in Morroco has it not?
    Spectre finale? thats's still to be filmed in Morroco has it not?
    Morroco is still to be filmed, yes. Though scenes set in Morroco have been filmed at Pinewood.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    CF4S5SsVEAAyk7y.jpg

The jacket Dan is wearing is a bomber jacket by Tom Ford from this season's spring/summer it is a very deep purple and is like a suede feel to it. It comes with a furry collar which wardrobe have removed it costs around $3700.00

The jacket on the photo above is a John Varvatos Suede Racer Jacket:

http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/news/ultimate-guide-spectre-bond-24-products-and-locations#johnvarvatos

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That is serious dedication. When it comes to coveting what Bond wears, the only thing that has to be exact for me is the wrist watch. When it comes to clothing it just seems like too much hassle to identify, locate and buy the exact outfits; so I just buy clothes that look almost identical. Still, I admire and respect what David from the Bond experience and other fans for their attention to such detail.
    I think Craig's suits in SF were horrible. They looked 2 sizes too tight. with jackets to short and on and on. I also think the light grey suits, with his light hair, totally washes him out. He looks far better in black or dark navy. I much prefer the black sports wear he hopefully is wearing a lot in SP, because it is far more flattering than those tight suits. I know they are fashionable now and it's what the designers are pushing, but fashionable can last 6 months, and Bond films get viewed for decades. Those tight suits are gonna look really silly in a couple of years.

I'm afraid the fault here lies with Craig. I saw a picture on the news of Tom Ford in one of his suits, and it was in no way tight and skimpy like Craig's suits. Craig seems to think he is fashionable, so I'm afraid it is his bad taste that is dictating this kind of fit.
    Now we know what Oberhauser wears. Any comment? I personally love it.
    CF4S5SsVEAAyk7y.jpg

The jacket on the photo above is a John Varvatos Suede Racer Jacket:

http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/news/ultimate-guide-spectre-bond-24-products-and-locations#johnvarvatos

Great, thanks for the info. I had always been left to believe this was by TF. Cheers for the post.

edited June 2015 Posts: 2,138
    An interesting take on the Nehru collar. I guess there's no doubt who he is now.

I like the fact that it's a little more flamboyant than the normal villain attire, but there is an element of Austin Powers that came to mind with the velvety texture
    I like to think of it as homage to Dr No more than Blofeld.
    Well the Nehru/Mao suit is associared to both characters but given the context of the movie it is far more likely another piece of evidence leading to Waltz being Blofeld.