The James Bond Wardrobe/Style Thread

1373840424357

Comments

  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Posts: 805
    Well, that's quite a welcome @AceHole.

    Anthony Sinclair has long been credited as the creator of the conduit cut, but you are, of course, entitled to your opinion.

    Welcome back Mr Villiers, we've been expecting you lol

  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Posts: 864
    As creators of the Conduit Cut and James Bond's original tailors, we'd obviously love to see Craig (or any future Bond) back in Anthony Sinclair...

    Indeed! There are many here who love the classic Connery look from the early Bond films.

    Anyway, welcome to the forum, @AnthonySinclair. I hope you enjoy your time here and that you are made to feel welcome.
  • Finally his arms look like blood can actually flow through them.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Posts: 1,727
    Finally his arms look like blood can actually flow through them.

    :))

    In any case, they desperately need to get DC in a British style suit - more modest lapels, proper waist, flared skirt and none of this tight fitting Italian nonsense.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Posts: 1,727
    Slightly off topic (only just though) - is Lazenby's 3-piece Navy Herringbone 007's best ever cinematic suit? I think so...

    <img src=http://thesuitsofjamesbond.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Navy-Herringbone-Suit.jpg>;
  • Posts: 5,767
    AceHole wrote: »
    Slightly off topic (only just though) - is Lazenby's 3-piece Navy Herringbone 007's best ever cinematic suit? I think so...

    <img src=http://thesuitsofjamesbond.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Navy-Herringbone-Suit.jpg>;
    The image doesn´t work, but I think Dalton´s clothing in TLD looked pretty marvellous.

  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Posts: 1,727
    boldfinger wrote: »
    AceHole wrote: »
    Slightly off topic (only just though) - is Lazenby's 3-piece Navy Herringbone 007's best ever cinematic suit? I think so...

    <img src=http://thesuitsofjamesbond.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Navy-Herringbone-Suit.jpg>;
    The image doesn´t work, but I think Dalton´s clothing in TLD looked pretty marvellous.

    Weird - I can see the image here fine.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Posts: 1,727
    Anyone got fresh pics of DC in new wardrobe attire..?
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 6,601
    I suppose, that means, you can't wait to continue channeling the late Villiers. 8-}
    But to answer your question...no.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2015 Posts: 10,586
    Let's hope we get some more set photos soon so we could criticize Craig's attire ;). I do wonder however what he'll be wearing in Morocco?
  • Posts: 6,601
    jake24 wrote: »
    Let's hope we get some more set photos soon so we could criticize Craig's attire ;). I do wonder however what he'll be wearing in Morocco?

    Hopefully very little...B-) i am tired of suits and warm clothes. One of the things, CR did so well.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,139
    jake24 wrote: »
    I do wonder however what he'll be wearing in Morocco?

    White-Dinner-Jacket-for-Groom1.jpg
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Posts: 2,138
    I would bet that Dan will be wearing Churches Ryder iii brown suede boots again, A pair of chinos and a TF polo with a TF bomber jacket on top.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Posts: 3,143
    doubleoego wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    I do wonder however what he'll be wearing in Morocco?

    White-Dinner-Jacket-for-Groom1.jpg

    Only if his is getting married or is undercover dressed as a Waiter.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Posts: 1,756
    Germanlady wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Let's hope we get some more set photos soon so we could criticize Craig's attire ;). I do wonder however what he'll be wearing in Morocco?

    Hopefully very little...B-) i am tired of suits and warm clothes. One of the things, CR did so well.

    Agreed. This outfit is one of my favourite outfits Bond ever wore. Simple, but pure Bond.

    Sunspel-Polo.jpg
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited May 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Cant wait to see the casual clothing. One i completed recently was the Skyfall lodge outfit. The neck scarf stayed in the wardrobe though I did'nt suit it.

    Barbour Toki Jacket
    All Saint Iggy corduane jeans - custom dyed to Bitter Chochlate to make them screen accurate.
    N Peal - Bluewave sweater
    Couldnt afford the crockett and jones boots so went for look a like by Hush Puppy.

    aolw9g.jpg
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 48
    spectre-navy-windowpane-suit__14031_std.JPG

    I really like Craig's this Windowpane suit, it quite unusual but still far better than the gray suit he wore in the opening of Skyfall
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Posts: 1,727
    That suit is better, but the white shirts keep persisting... they overpower.
    Craig's low-contrast features look better with a light blue shirt. All you see in that pic is BAM - WHITE SHIRT!!!
  • Posts: 1,552
    I think that photo is slightly oversaturated, hence the white of his shirt and blue of his tie standing out so much.
  • Posts: 1,314
    If you look at the colour grading on sky fall, its very muted and desaturated. If spectre is possibly goig the same way, maybe the blue is chosen to take this in to consideration.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Posts: 1,727
    Over saturated or not, DC looks best in low contrast shirt/suit combinations. Which is why the black or midnight blue tux with classic white shirt doesn't suit him that well either.
  • Posts: 1,552
    AceHole wrote: »
    Over saturated or not, DC looks best in low contrast shirt/suit combinations. Which is why the black or midnight blue tux with classic white shirt doesn't suit him that well either.
    I think his dinner jacket in Skyfall suited him asia_china_skyfall_5.jpg.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,139
    AceHole wrote: »
    Over saturated or not, DC looks best in low contrast shirt/suit combinations. Which is why the black or midnight blue tux with classic white shirt doesn't suit him that well either.

    Have to disagree there. I think he looks fantastic.

    James-Bond-Midnight-Blue-Tuxedo.jpg

    00068e0a-440.jpg

    crtux-main1.jpg
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Posts: 1,756
    Spectre won't be desaturated. Maybe in the London parts though, but that's natural. :D
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Posts: 1,727
    Only the second pic (the premiere/event) is unaltered (no light filter), and there he clearly gets washed out by the high contrast of the white shirt on midnight blue tux jacket.
    But each to their own :D
  • Posts: 48
    So you are saying that Craig should wore those gray or charcoal suit again and again, this is his fourth movie and his each 007 movie he wore at least 3 suits, he badly need to wear bit different style suit this time and this Windowpane navy suit is a good option!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,139
    I love all of the suits Craig has worn except that baggy crap he wore whilst walking towards the Aston Martin in CR after Vesper pretty much told him to eff off in a nice way.
  • Posts: 372
    I agree with those saying it washes him out. Makes his eyes less noticable as well.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited May 2015 Posts: 1,727
    Alexedward wrote: »
    So you are saying that Craig should wore those gray or charcoal suit again and again, this is his fourth movie and his each 007 movie he wore at least 3 suits, he badly need to wear bit different style suit this time and this Windowpane navy suit is a good option!

    Not what I said at all. I said that the Navy suit + white shirt does not 'suit' him. The contrast is too high. So a blue or grey shirt would work wonders for him in that suit.

    A navy blue suit looks great on blonde men with low contrast (from experience, I am this myself) but only if it's paired with shirts & ties that don't contrast too much, so for instance with medium gray & blue toned shirts.


    That's why this low contrast combo really suits his complexion:

    http://healthyceleb.com/daniel-craig-height-weight-body-statistics/5566


    And this high contrast one does not:

    http://pagesix.com/2014/01/22/daniel-craig-meets-the-real-philomena-lee/
Sign In or Register to comment.