The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Judging from that scene in M:I:3 when Cruise runs next to the river in China, I think he could give Usain Bolt a run (pun not intended) for his money.
    Brosnan's taller & uses the same style of running. I'd guess he's just about as fast as Tom.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Judging from that scene in M:I:3 when Cruise runs next to the river in China, I think he could give Usain Bolt a run (pun not intended) for his money.
    Brosnan's taller & uses the same style of running. I'd guess he's just about as fast as Tom.

Tom has one thing Brosnan doesn't have...

The Need for Speed. ;)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Brosnan the villain? Here is the trailer for Survivor; it looks promising.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Alice vs. The November Man.

Can't wait. PB will kill it as a villain.
    I think some of Brosnan's non-Bond roles show that his Bond could have been one of the best if he had the right scripts to work with, and if the 90's Bond films weren't written as a kind of generic Action/self parody.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited April 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Here's where I stand on Brosnan. We didn't get the best of him as an actor as Bond. Later in his career in particular Bag Of Bones and November man he really show cases how good he could have been Goldeneye was the perfect reboot for its time but everything that followed gradually got weaker in terms of script and cliché. Not Brosnans fault. Had he taken the role when he was originally suppose to in TLD things may have been very different.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited April 2015 Posts: 2,138
    I would like to add that I respect the man even though he is not in my top 3 Bonds. He was heartbroken when Babs told him he was dropped yet he gave Dan advice and remains a supporter of the franchise. That's the sign of a class act.
    Looks pretty sweet. :D
    I would like to add that I respect the man even though he is not in my top 3 Bonds. He was heartbroken when Babs told him he was dropped yet he gave Dan advice and remains a supporter of the franchise. That's the sign of a class act.
    There have been several versions of events regarding the ending of Brosnan's tenure and I don't know what to believe. I don't think we'll ever know what really happened.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Wow! Very promising trailer! Cant' wait to see this film. :-bd
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Looks incredibly marvelous!! :D
    Brozza looks to be back to his 4th protocol best!
    JCRendle wrote: »
    I think some of Brosnan's non-Bond roles show that his Bond could have been one of the best if he had the right scripts to work with, and if the 90's Bond films weren't written as a kind of generic Action/self parody.

He is one of the best.

edited April 2015 Posts: 16,328
    AstonLotus wrote: »

He is one of the best.
    Brosnan is the Best Bond. :)
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 1,552
    He is one of the best.
    Murdock wrote: »
    He is one of the best
    Ok, let me rephrase. I think some of Brosnan's non-Bond roles show that his Bond could have been, in my opinion, within the top three, if he had the right scripts to work with, and if the 90's Bond films weren't written as a kind of generic Action/self parody.

Oh, grow up, double-oh seven. :))
  • Let's hope some producer proposes Brosnan a "fake old Bond" movie like The Rock for Connery. He has the irony to carry such a thing, and I think Bond never allowed him to show it, while "everyone" was expecting it at that time...
    Let's hope some producer proposes Brosnan a "fake old Bond" movie like The Rock for Connery. He has the irony to carry such a thing, and I think Bond never allowed him to show it, while "everyone" was expecting it at that time...
    Umm, wasn't that November Man?
    :))
    He is one of the best.
    He is one of the best
    Ok, let me rephrase. I think some of Brosnan's non-Bond roles show that his Bond could have been, in my opinion, within the top three, if he had the right scripts to work with, and if the 90's Bond films weren't written as a kind of generic Action/self parody.

I still think he's the Best Bond. \m/
    "For me."
    "Me too."
    "I never miss."
    "Put your back into it."
    I cannot fight you on this.... B-)
    "For me."
    "Me too."
    "I never miss."
    "Put your back into it."
    I cannot fight you on this.... B-)

"Of Course."
    "We aim to please."
    "It's what keeps me alive."
    "I think we understand each other."
    ;)
    Alright, I do add another vote to Brosnan being definitely a fantastic Bond. Second best losing it only to Sean Connery, in my honest opinion. :D Let's enjoy our Brozzer Lair, Brozzeries! (A pun on Trekkies-type fandom name.)
    Alright, I do add another vote to Brosnan being definitely a fantastic Bond.

*virtual manly hug sent*
    Alright, I do add another vote to Brosnan being definitely a fantastic Bond.

*virtual manly hug sent*
    *virtual manly hug accepted and sent another in return* :D
    I think Brosnan tried to be so laid back as a Bond, trying not to show his anxiety playing the role. The scripts didn't help, but he could be more devoted.
    Brosnan definitely is rocking his Bond image. Brilliant set of pictures displayed there.
    And WOW does Shirley look great!
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Just a reminder- Appreciation Only please. I know some people struggle to cope with this concept, but the intentions of the thread OP are clearly defined in the opening post (and title, for that matter).

Well, let's see... He's got nice hair? Why didn't L'Oreal ever sign him up..?
    8-|
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    AceHole wrote: »
    Just a reminder- Appreciation Only please. I know some people struggle to cope with this concept, but the intentions of the thread OP are clearly defined in the opening post (and title, for that matter).

Well, let's see... He's got nice hair? Why didn't L'Oreal ever sign him up..?
    8-|

I agree. He has good hair certainly.