The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

You're a smart young man, Mayday. I'm not baiting, just stating. You know that the threads flow in and out of the subject, and it's not fair to try and toss someone to another thread simply because you do not agree.
    Just discussing bond movies, not splitting the atom.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @doubleohdad this is an appreciation thread. It has been requested by several members that you leave any negative comments at the door, and discuss them in other threads.
    If you cannot follow simple thread requests, then you should not post in that thread.

GE is easily his best Bond film, top ten, for me.

How are posts like the above negative? I feel like I'm being objective here, and others are trying to censor my thoughts.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Nobody's trying to censor you. They are telling you to take your negative opinion's on Brosnan somewhere else as this is a tread oh I don't know an Appreciation thread.
    I agree with all the thoughts on PB's on screen relationship with DL. But I just wish that Daniel Craig had had the chance to work with the great DL. That would have been even more amazing.
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    But I just wish that Daniel Craig had had the chance to work with the great DL. That would have been even more amazing.

pure speculation. ;)
    Murdock wrote: »
    Nobody's trying to censor you. They are telling you to take your negative opinion's on Brosnan somewhere else as this is a tread oh I don't know an Appreciation thread.

That's censoring. if you agreed with me, you would not be making this statement, right?
    censorship is banning speech, no one is doing that, just open up a thread called "a critique of PB" and put your thoughts there. Where would forums and threads be if everyone ignored the theme/title of the thread and just went off on other topics?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

That's censoring. if you agreed with me, you would not be making this statement, right?

You're making it out to be waaaaay more than it is. If someone came in here and started spamming with posts about giraffe trivia, they'd be told to stop posting in the Pierce Appreciation Thread and make their own thread called Giraffe Trivia. What you're doing is the same, differing only in degree of off-topic-ness.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    WOW! I'm just watching my new Blu Ray of Goldeneye and the difference from the SE DVD is freakin' astounding. Suddenly even the dodgy front projection in the PTS looks good! I feel like it's 1995 again! Yahoo!

Are your comments being systematically deleted? Just stop it with the crocodile tears. Telling you to go somewhere else to post criticism isn't censorship. Deleting your comments and blocking use to this site is censorship.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,146

Are your comments being systematically deleted? Just stop it with the crocodile tears. Telling you to go somewhere else to post criticism isn't censorship. Deleting your comments and blocking use to this site is censorship.

pfff, funny how you din't answer the question.

I've posted plenty of positive things about the Broz, when warranted.
    bro-nobody-cares.jpg
    Is that Chuck Norris, the eighty-year old guy with no grey hair?

Just yell out the words 'Bruce' and 'Lee' and the guy starts running'!

LOL

The first twenty minutes of GE are among the best in the series.
    Oops! Double post.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited January 2015 Posts: 543
    I have to give credit to Pierce Brosnan because he's the reason I became a Bond fan. Even though he is no longer favorite Bond actor (after having seen the other films), his movies are the ones that got me into Bond and his world. So much so that I recorded many interviews, behind the scenes stuff and what not back in the mid 90s when Bond became popular again. Below is an interview he did with E! News back in 1997 when promoting Tomorrow Never Dies in Mexico.

I apologize for the quality. It is VHS after all.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I do think the films went or ended up going in a different direction that
    Pierce expected. In one of his early press conference interviews he mentioned
    He was interested in Bond the man. His inner demons etc and looked forward
    To exploring these aspects of playing Bond.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    ^I remember that as well. However, it just never played out that way. It would have been interested to see what Pierce could have done with a role like that (although I couldn't picture him doing stuff Craig has done), but his films were fun and that worked for him.
    I'd loved to have seen Pierce play the darker side of Bond, ( if you've
    Seen The NovemberMan ), he could certainly do it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I think Brosnan is the only Bond actor who manages to find the right balance if truly making him a character who every man wanted to be and would enjoy being. Say what you will about the man bur he made the role fun.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,400
    At around 13mins in Pierce gives his opinion on QOS:

Apparently it didn't really work. But he takes it all in good humour.
  • RC7RC7
    At around 13mins in Pierce gives his opinion on QOS:

Apparently it didn't really work. But he takes it all in good humour.

Ha ha. Fair play. Love Brozzer.
    Broz had class, and never wanted to embarrass the franchise.
    Agreed Brosnan has a lot of Class.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Definitely. I think Brosnan gave an honest and fair assessment of QoS, sharing an opinion that's not out of the ordinary, especially as, those working on the film pretty much admitted that the film was't what it could and should have been. What would have been strange if he came out and said QoS was amazing lol. Irrespective of what he said about some of his own Bond movies not being so great, I thought it was great that he can still look back on his time as Bond with fond memories and appreciate that part of his life; unlike, with the greatest respect, Connery who demonstrates a fierce and rather strange ambivalence to Bond .
    it's a close call between GE and QoS for me, but he's still got the Bond suave.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited January 2015 Posts: 3,157
    DrGorner wrote: »

Which explains why he took on the November Man novels. And I am grateful to him for introducing me to such wonderful a series.
  • Walecs wrote: »
    DrGorner wrote: »

Which explains why he took on the November Man novels.
    Much as I like CR and Dan is a good Bond, I still think Broz had one more left in him, at least to make up for the carnage that was DAD
    I think Craig is an awesome Bond, and grateful for GE. The Broz' finest moment IMO.
  • I think Craig is an awesome Bond, and grateful for GE. The Broz' finest moment IMO.
    Agreed, bit downhill after that tbh