The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Well let us hope that the script is to Brosnan's liking come the fourth outing. Would love to see him in a franchise such as this. $10 says that if he does appear in it, he'll be a tuxedo-donning spy who drops lots of one-liners, ala Bond. I hope they shake it up and he plays a different character, but given how they've handled past careers of actors who star in these films, that's how I would see it going down.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    While not art, the Expendables series appears to increase in quality with each film. The latest one has a great look and strong cast.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Pierce Brosnan's Irish Dreamtime is teaming up with Spike TV to produce 'The Crusaders':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=120584
    Not sure where else to put this, but who in the world doesn't want to see Pierce Brosnan play GoldenEye on the N64???

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    So cool.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 11,189
    As a massive fan of this game myself when I was a teenager this is probably the best thing I've ever seen :p

One of the Youtube comments on this says it would have been great if it was Brosnan and Bean against eachother.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    As a massive fan of this game myself when I was a teenager this is probably the best thing I've ever seen :p

One of the Youtube comments on this says it would have been great if Brosnan and Bean against eachother.

Sean Bean for November Man 2 villain! ;)
    Murdock wrote: »
    We can only hope!
    =D>
    Wow that was a lot of fun to watch. Good to see Pierce having fun. And Jimmy obviously was having fun too
    chrisisall wrote: »
    We can only hope!
    =D>

Now that would be nostalgic!!! :D
    This gold from Brosnan's AMA:

Were you offered lifetime Aston Martin privileges like Daniel Craig?

PierceBrosnanHere
    No.

PierceBrosnanHere
    They gave me an Aston Martin, I have a beautiful Aston Martin, but not sure what the privileges are.

escherbach
    have you checked for a button under the gear stick cap?

PierceBrosnanHere
    There is no button under the gear stick, no. Thank heavens.

digital
    Sounds like an eject reject.

Xilient
    Ejectile Dysfunction?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I read an awful lot of the comments, but I could not figure out where it ended.
    And what does AMA stand for anyway? Pierce was great in this little Q&A session.

Oh... is it Ask Me Anything?
    I'm not used to reading Reddit; therefore I couldn't figure out how to skip the to the end.

One of my favorites he said was this exchange:

"How would Bond take out Jason Bourne?"

Brosnan: "With one bullet" B-)
    Also, has anyone seen this picture yet?

640px-Pierce_Brosnan_Berlinale_2014.jpg

Another one from Berlinale but he looks even better! He's looking to age quite as well as Dalton has.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I don't think I had seen that exact photo. I agree, Pierce looks great. He really does. I like very much how he and Timothy have weathered the passing of years.
    Me no like-y the buzz cut.
    But yeah, he's lookin' good.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited August 2014 Posts: 8,006
    More action for Pierce.

http://collider.com/john-moore-i-t-pierce-brosnan/

A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD Director John Moore to Helm Pierce Brosnan Actioner I.T.

by Adam Chitwood Posted 1 hour ago

Pierce Brosnan returns to the thriller genre this weekend with The November Man, and now another action-oriented picture of his has landed a director. Deadline reports that A Good Day to Die Hard helmer John Moore has been tapped to direct I.T., which will star Brosnan as a publisher who is tormented via technology when his relationship with a young I.T. consultant goes south. Moreover, William Wisher Jr. (Terminator 2, The 13th Warrior) has been tapped to rewrite the screenplay for the Voltage Films picture, which was originally penned by Dan Kay. In addition to the atrocious A Good Day to Die Hard, Moore’s directing credits also include Max Payne and Behind Enemy Lines.

Producers are currently looking to cast the antagonist role—that of the dreaded I.T. consultant—in anticipation of beginning production on the thriller this fall. Brosnan is also attached to star in a November Man sequel if the first film does well in theaters, so it’s certainly clear that the actor is game for heading up more action oriented roles in the near future.

Read more at http://collider.com/john-moore-i-t-pierce-brosnan/#Ojsff8ZVQyWeozUq.99
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 5,745
    I loved Behind Enemy Lines, enjoyed Max Payne, and couldn't even get through AGDTDH. I have no idea what to expect.
    Behind Enemy Lines is phenomenal, but I fear he's lost his touch if AGDTDH is any indicator.
    My favorite Bond needs some love! Here's to you Pierce! Your era will always be my favorite. And I hope to get a whole bunch of November Man sequels too. ;)
    1756429-the-november-man-jpg_2547148.jpg
    My favorite Bond needs some love! Here's to you Pierce! Your era will always be my favorite. And I hope to get a whole bunch of November Man sequels too. ;)
    1756429-the-november-man-jpg_2547148.jpg

At least one is in the works! Crossed fingers for more.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I really like the November Man, the CIA honchos were a bit generic and cheesy and Dev read 's protégé was a crap actor but it was nice to see Liza Taylor who I know from the the Australian show neighbours in this as the love interest next door. Anyway, on the whole a good little actioner and I liked Olga better in this than in QoS.
    I think that the BRoz is a very nice man who genuinely wanted to make good Bond films and did not deserve the last three of his Bond films.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I too think he had some of the weakest scripts to work with.
    Brosnan isn't the best of actors BUT he did deserve more than he was given.

At least in GE he had a very solid supporting cast.
    Brosnan IS the Best! and had a perfect 3 out of 4 movie. ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I liked him in the Noble House miniseries. I haven't seen that in a while and may get round to watching it again. It's a bit cheesy 80's but Brozz is great in it.

RE: his Bond efforts, I like GE and agree the support cast is outstanding in that one. TND is not bad either but not as good as the first one.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I don't think any of the Bond's could have done much
    With an invisible car etc. :))
    GE is easily his best Bond film, top ten, for me.
    Has anyone ever seen The Forth Protocol incidently? The plot is basically Octopussy.