SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited April 2015 Posts: 591
    timmer wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    The above article is completely fake. I wrote it as an April Fools joke.
    ;)

:)) I knew it was April Fools slam dunk
    Real simple. There has never been a time in the last 10 years when Eon has been anything less than thrilled with Craig as Bond.

Fair play @timmer, you got me but it's still a subject that annoys me :D
    It's very difficult to keep track here. Interesting that apparently, Bond will make Lucia Sciarra a widow then bed her. This is what we can assume anyway. Nice dramatic irony.
    The "lazy Brit" part made me laugh. As if British actors are normally lazy. Oh my...
    Obviously only people who dislike an actor would say stuff like that anyway, plus it's just plain stupid.
    I appreciate actors doing their own stunts to the extent that it's reasonable. Many actors also really want to, and insist on doing pretty much anything they possibly can and are allowed to, basically shoving the stunt guys out of the way, which I find both amusing and understandable. There needs to be someone on set to tell the actors when they really can't do something - either physically really can't even if they want to try, or the insurance won't allow them to... though on smaller productions at least I suspect insurance issues may be kinda brushed aside if you have an actor wanting to do stuff themselves and a director happy to let him... I assume the stunt guys still get paid even if they mostly end up fiddling their thumbs? ;) Obviously nobody should be put in a truly dangerous situation, but despite all precautions and preparation accidents can still happen. To actors as well as stuntmen. Even a minor injury to an actor can of course be very tricky and costly, causing all sorts of delays.
    Not letting actors do just any stunts is the responsible thing to do. It certainly doesn't make the actors lazy if they won't do everything themselves. The very idea that they should is ridiculous.
    Tom Cruise needs to strap himself to a plane so people go watch his movie. Its marketing. It looks great though and fair play to him.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 2,081
    Well if he didn't wanna do it, he wouldn't have to, but since he wants to, of course it's used in marketing. The same with other actors.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Video blog today?
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Well if he didn't wanna do it, he wouldn't have to, but since he wants to, of course it's used in marketing. The same with other actors.

Indeed. But I'm more happier with the marketing "SPECTRE" has: Actors, big names, Dave Bautista, Christoph Waltz, Sam Mendes. That's "our marketing".

Also, I think the "007-brand" has its own marketing effect. More so than the "Mission-Impossible-brand". The M:I-franchise is still going through their Connery-esque golden days. With that I mean that Tom Cruise is still the first actor playing secret agent Ethan Hunt. Perhaps the franchise is too dependent on Tom Cruise, like Bond was with Connery in the 1960's.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Tom Cruise steps down. Will it create/cause "panic" similarly to when Connery was threatening to step down as Bond after TB?

Interestingly, this history has already been repeated with the "Jason Bourne"-franchise. In the 4th film, "The Bourne Legacy", Jeremy Renner steps in as the leading character of a Bourne-film, and suddenly the box office gross fell down. Jeremy Renner was experiencing his own "George Lazenby-experience". Hence why Universal is acting like United Artists in 1970: WE NEED MATT DAMON BACK! :-P
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    jake24 wrote: »
    Video blog today?

@jake24 Lets hope so! But I doubt it. The principal crew came back from Mexico to UK on Saturday, I think they haven't had much time to edit the videoblog.

If we do see anything today possibly a video blog from Rome or some kind of other promotion (clapperboard or other videoblog)
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 2,015
    But I find it completely unfair. I have been reviewing the "famous" stunt sequence that Tom Cruise did for "Rogue Nation" on the side of that airplane. But the only thing he needs to do is....hanging there. Off course with security tools, like cables, and so on.

But isn't such a sequence way easier to do then the more elaborate fighting sequence inside an aggressively swirling helicopter with open doors?

Well a bird could have killed Cruise. Speed was the danger. You cannot slow down your plane and make it look as if it was going very fast, like for other vehicles. The plane has to go fast to fly...
    The CGI-face swap? I stand with my opinion about that. I prefer this option, then seeing Daniel Craig acting in front of a blue screen?

Hm, so the same people can be worried by the fact the dubbing changes the voice, but don't mind CG-face replacement that turns your actor into a mix between a stunt double and some videogame avatar... The body langage of someone is very important too.

We'll see if Craig will do the AVTAK Craig movie ! :)
    And lastly, I still think the CGI-face from the "Skyfall"-PTS motor chase was looking very realistic.

I only noticed of it, when a discussion topic was created about it.

Others are bothered by the plastic look of it. You said here you had some autism, and isn't the difficulty to perceive feelings on others' faces a part of it ? To me the plastic look of the CG face of Craig of this movie is, well, quite noticeable, for instance when "he" rides the bike in the crowd in the Grand Bazaar, moreover with the super sharp contrast look they chose for the movie. And when I know that for this shot they could have used a rig to have the real Craig on a real motorbike (and then use CG to remove the rig), well, I'm worried Hollywood is going on the CG-face road just because it's cheaper (your million-a-week actor is not on set).

• chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited April 2015 Posts: 560
    "SPECTRE" production has moved to Chiapas without Daniel Craig

Daniel Craig has left Mexico on Saturday and is already in London. 007 Travelers reported earlier, the "SPECTRE" (2015) production team will continue filming now near Palenque, Chiapas, and the work has already begun on 1 April 2015.

http://www.007travelers.blogspot.fi/2015/04/spectre-production-has-moved-to-chiapas.html

---

Producción de Spectre se traslada a Chiapas, sin Daniel Craig

El equipo de filmación de la cinta del \'007\' afina detalles para realizar una última secuencia de acción que tendrá lugar cerca de Palenque

http://www.diariopresente.com.mx/section/fama/129808/produccion-spectre-traslada-chiapas-daniel-craig/

----

Terminan filmaciones de James Bond en la Ciudad de México

Las calles del Centro Histórico quedarán libres para los visitantes en los días más importantes de la Semana Santa.

Ayer Miércoles, 1 Abr, 2015 18:21

http://sipse.com/entretenimiento/filmacion-james-bond-pelicula-spectre-zocalo-ciudad-de-mexico-144894.html
    The 1500 extras are applauded:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=139&v=80cwWpksqAw

• Ah the effect of the Bond theme ;) Please take note Thomas Newman.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 11,119
    But I find it completely unfair. I have been reviewing the "famous" stunt sequence that Tom Cruise did for "Rogue Nation" on the side of that airplane. But the only thing he needs to do is....hanging there. Off course with security tools, like cables, and so on.

But isn't such a sequence way easier to do then the more elaborate fighting sequence inside an aggressively swirling helicopter with open doors?

Well a bird could have killed Cruise. Speed was the danger. You cannot slow down your plane and make it look as if it was going very fast, like for other vehicles. The plane has to go fast to fly...
    The CGI-face swap? I stand with my opinion about that. I prefer this option, then seeing Daniel Craig acting in front of a blue screen?

Hm, so the same people can be worried by the fact the dubbing changes the voice, but don't mind CG-face replacement that turns your actor into a mix between a stunt double and some videogame avatar... The body langage of someone is very important too.

And lastly, I still think the CGI-face from the "Skyfall"-PTS motor chase was looking very realistic.

Others are bothered by the plastic look of it. I'm sorry I have to bring that, but you said you had some autism, and isn't the difficulty to perceive feelings on others' faces a part of it ? To me the plastic look of the CG face of Craig of this movie is quite noticeable, in particular when "he" rides the bike in the crowd in the Grand Bazaar, moreover with the super sharp contrast look they chose for the movie.

What kind of retarded prick are you actually? Moderators should give you a warning, for constantly injecting discussions with unnecessary insulting remarks. And the worst thing is, that you mostly end these insulting remarks with a :-). Yes, like this: :-). It gives you a reputation here.

I indeed have a disorder inside the autism-spectrum. But there's absolutely no need to compare this with CGI-face-swapping. You should get a warning from the moderators. Because it is YOU who brings in personal attacks, while I never did ANYTHING to you in the past weeks or months. I kept focusing on the discussion, while you keep pissing saltpeter acid on your fellow forummembers with a..... :-). Sick.

STOP BEING SUCH A PRICK!
    Tuulia wrote: »

Indeed. But I'm more happier with the marketing "SPECTRE" has: Actors, big names, Dave Bautista, Christoph Waltz, Sam Mendes. That's "our marketing".

Also, I think the "007-brand" has its own marketing effect. More so than the "Mission-Impossible-brand". The M:I-franchise is still going through their Connery-esque golden days. With that I mean that Tom Cruise is still the first actor playing secret agent Ethan Hunt. Perhaps the franchise is too dependent on Tom Cruise, like Bond was with Connery in the 1960's.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Tom Cruise steps down. Will it create/cause "panic" similarly to when Connery was threatening to step down as Bond after TB?

Interestingly, this history has already been repeated with the "Jason Bourne"-franchise. In the 4th film, "The Bourne Legacy", Jeremy Renner steps in as the leading character of a Bourne-film, and suddenly the box office gross fell down. Jeremy Renner was experiencing his own "George Lazenby-experience". Hence why Universal is acting like United Artists in 1970: WE NEED MATT DAMON BACK! :-P

MI existed before though, as a very successful series. Now it is a shell, a vehicle for Tom Cruise. As for Bourne, what they need is Bourne.
  • The difference between Tom Cruise doing stunts for M:I and Daniel Craig doing stunts for Bond is that Cruise is a producer and has more power to fight against the insurance companies who say he can't do such dangerous stunts (this was acknowledged by John Woo on M:I II re: mountain climbing sequence). I'm just happy that at least both of these franchises are still utilizing real stunts. CGI has unfortunately taken over much of Hollywood and has put a lot of stunt men and women out of work.
  • Germanlady wrote: »
    Spectre: James Bond film's secrets from behind the scenes
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/spectre-james-bond-films-secrets-5443368

As an aside, the Mirror has trouble keeping track of the relationship between Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli. They're half siblings (same mother). She is not his "step sister."
    Thinking about how they might incorporate the Temple Ruins in the PTS, what if Bond crash lands the chopper there, and gets out with some sarcastic remark to some stunned tourists?

I would actually love that. Here's video of them filming in a remote location. Since there are no stunt actors fighting on the side, it looks to me like they're practicing a stunt landing.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    quote="JWESTBROOK;440658"]Thinking about how they might incorporate the Temple Ruins in the PTS, what if Bond crash lands the chopper there, and gets out with some sarcastic remark to some stunned tourists?

I would actually love that. Here's video of them filming in a remote location. Since there are no stunt actors fighting on the side, it looks to me like they're practicing a stunt landing.

Yes, Bond quips, "Ah, ruined"
    talos7 wrote: »
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    Thinking about how they might incorporate the Temple Ruins in the PTS, what if Bond crash lands the chopper there, and gets out with some sarcastic remark to some stunned tourists?

Yes, Bond quips, "Ah, ruined"

That's actually really good! Haha
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Cruise is doing his own stunts. And he does them well. And yes, I think that it is fair that questions are being asked about Craig's physical condition, if they need a stunt double for him running through a crowd.

Take a look at FRWL when Bond is returning to the truck after blowing up the helicopter. Bond is walking (not running) up a bank towards the truck - obvious stunt double.
    This was so shocking there were questions in Parliament, so you are right to question what Craig can do. Well done you.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    aaron819 wrote: »
    I've just been confirmed by a reliable source that Daniel Craig and the principal crew (Sam Mendes, Hoyte Van Hoytema, Dennis Gassner, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli) have left Mexico on Saturday and are already in London and are now filming at Pinewod.

Not entirely true my dear friend, because I took the snaps with Sam and Dennis on Monday, March 30th. :)

• ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Roger Moore going up steps in a view to a kill--stunt double!! Actually a drinking game could be done for any roger Moore bond movie
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

Others are bothered by the plastic look of it. I'm sorry I have to bring that, but you said you had some autism, and isn't the difficulty to perceive feelings on others' faces a part of it ? To me the plastic look of the CG face of Craig of this movie is quite noticeable, in particular when "he" rides the bike in the crowd in the Grand Bazaar, moreover with the super sharp contrast look they chose for the movie.

What kind of retarded prick are you actually? Moderators should give you a warning, for constantly injecting discussions with unnecessary insulting remarks. And the worst thing is, that you mostly end these insulting remarks with a :-). Yes, like this: :-). It gives you a reputation here.

I indeed have a disorder inside the autism-spectrum. But there's absolutely no need to compare this with CGI-face-swapping. You should get a warning from the moderators. Because it is YOU who brings in personal attacks, while I never did ANYTHING to you in the past weeks or months. I kept focusing on the discussion, while you keep pissing saltpeter acid on your fellow forummembers with a..... :-). Sick.

STOP BEING SUCH A PRICK!

Moderators will give warnings for lots of things, one of which is unnecessary name calling. Please don't resort to that however offended you feel. If you have an issue message a mod please and we will deal with it.
    DC is known for doing as much and more then possible of his own stunts. Then going to the gym after a days work.
    Cruise is doing his own stunts. And he does them well. And yes, I think that it is fair that questions are being asked about Craig's physical condition, if they need a stunt double for him running through a crowd.

I think, if you followed his three films, you know that. Running is probably not really good for an injured knee though. This comes to mind first and seems logic.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    It's called an insurance issue. It also means he's likely to hang it up as bond in the next few years and do more dramas
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Cruise may do his own stunts but I bet Craig is taller lol :P

Just being sarcastic btw
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC

As long as he crash-landed near the ruins and not on them. Even in a film I hate to see history destroyed for a little laugh.
    NicNac wrote: »

STOP BEING SUCH A PRICK!

Moderators will give warnings for lots of things, one of which is unnecessary name calling. Please don't resort to that however offended you feel. If you have an issue message a mod please and we will deal with it.

In your message you could have referred to "the other guy" as well. A reaction in my case usually follows another offensive remark. Some people resort to names, others rephrase offensive remarks in such an ingenious way that it easily gets unnoticed by people......or moderators. I kindly ask you to keep a good track on these things. Because in the end there was someone using my mental illness in an offensive way. And it's not the first time "he" does that.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 203
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Cruise may do his own stunts but I bet Craig is taller lol :P

Just being sarcastic btw

Cruise is trying to outdo bond. He is a egotistial maniac that wants publicity. MI should be a team espionage thriller not an American bond clone! There is no way in hell a proper producer would have let an actor/stunt double get in harms way for publicity ... that is Cruise for you. Too many things could have gone wrong there ... camera could break, tarmac pieces could seariously injur the actor/stunt performer etc ... this is a perfect situation where they could have used CGI. Fortunately, the bond producers have experiance and a brain! Even carefully control stunts can go wrong ... so they take extra percaustions .... at the end of the day no ones life = a movie!
    Germanlady wrote: »
    DC is known for doing as much and more then possible of his own stunts. Then going to the gym after a days work.

I think, if you followed his three films, you know that. Running is probably not really good for an injured knee though. This comes to mind first and seems logic.

Yup, and this is the reason why stunt doubles were used for running sequences. Although obviously the knee injury won't show when Craig walks normal or is doing more drama scenes with less action. But things get different when running.