SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Hm, so the same people can be worried by the fact the dubbing changes the voice, but don't mind CG-face replacement that turns your actor into a mix between a stunt double and some videogame avatar... The body langage of someone is very important too.

Not that I liked the CGI face replacement, but the truth is that there is a huge (and by that I mean HUGE) difference between a creative decision made during the making of the movie, and modifying the movie after it was already finished.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 2,081
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Well if he didn't wanna do it, he wouldn't have to, but since he wants to, of course it's used in marketing. The same with other actors.

Indeed. But I'm more happier with the marketing "SPECTRE" has: Actors, big names, Dave Bautista, Christoph Waltz, Sam Mendes. That's "our marketing".

Also, I think the "007-brand" has its own marketing effect. More so than the "Mission-Impossible-brand". The M:I-franchise is still going through their Connery-esque golden days. With that I mean that Tom Cruise is still the first actor playing secret agent Ethan Hunt. Perhaps the franchise is too dependent on Tom Cruise, like Bond was with Connery in the 1960's.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Tom Cruise steps down. Will it create/cause "panic" similarly to when Connery was threatening to step down as Bond after TB?

Interestingly, this history has already been repeated with the "Jason Bourne"-franchise. In the 4th film, "The Bourne Legacy", Jeremy Renner steps in as the leading character of a Bourne-film, and suddenly the box office gross fell down. Jeremy Renner was experiencing his own "George Lazenby-experience". Hence why Universal is acting like United Artists in 1970: WE NEED MATT DAMON BACK! :-P

I meant that it's not just Cruise/MI. A lead actor doing his/her own stunts is used in marketing of other movies/franchises, too - including Craig/Bond. An actor doesn't have to do all his stunts himself, but what he/she does, we will certainly learn about if we read articles/watch interviews, etc. at all. It's only natural that this gets done, and I see nothing wrong with it. I find it interesting what actors choose to do themselves and why and all that, so I want to know - and I suspect many other fans do as well. And some of the stuff that actors do I really wish they didn't, but I respect dedication and commitment, and I understand the wish to push themselves and see what they can do... but sometimes I still wish somebody would stop them.

I don't think there should be any sort of competition of who does more stunts/crazier stunts themselves. Some fans look at it a bit like that, but it's so stupid. Ultimately it doesn't make the actor better or the movie better, and what if something does go wrong, how would those fans feel then? It's not necessarily in anybody's interest to have actors do any stunts themselves.
    mnhettia wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Cruise may do his own stunts but I bet Craig is taller lol :P

Just being sarcastic btw

Cruise is trying to outdo bond. He is a egotistial maniac that wants publicity. MI should be a team espionage thriller not an American bond clone! There is no way in hell a proper producer would have let an actor/stunt double get in harms way for publicity ... that is Cruise for you. Too many things could have gone wrong there ... camera could break, tarmac pieces could seariously injur the actor/stunt performer etc ... this is a perfect situation where they could have used CGI. Fortunately, the bond producers have experiance and a brain! Even carefully control stunts can go wrong ... so they take extra percaustions .... at the end of the day no ones life = a movie!

I agree with this. There should be reasonable limits to what actors are allowed to do. There should always be somebody who has the authority as well as brains to stop actors doing just any damned thing they want to do. Some actors (most, I presume) listen when somebody points out something is too dangerous, but I guess Cruise does not. He's not invulnerable, either.

Sark wrote: »
    Thinking about how they might incorporate the Temple Ruins in the PTS, what if Bond crash lands the chopper there, and gets out with some sarcastic remark to some stunned tourists?

As long as he crash-landed near the ruins and not on them. Even in a film I hate to see history destroyed for a little laugh.

Well of coursed they wouldn't do it for real. I'm think like the Bazaar in Skyfall or the Pyramids in TSWLM.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Brigitte Millar's character is Vogel in SPECTRE

source: castingcallpro.com
    aaron819 wrote: »

Thanks for the news @Aaron819 ! It means she won't be the 2nd actress playing Irma Bunt :-). Although Vogel sounds very German/Dutch as well....
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 220
    The digital audience rating (DAR) from Variety (US edition) directly ranks Spectre as #1 (hot spot from past week): http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/digital-audience-ratings-spectre-soars-southpaw-packs-a-punch-1201464269/
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    For those interested, I've managed to extract the audio channels from the original DVCPro file of the trailer.

SPECTRE TEASER TRAILER (MUSIC ONLY)

SPECTRE TEASER TRAILER (DIALOGUE ONLY)

Awesome! Thanks Marketto.

Good name, a villainess' name, if she does play a villain. And for the first time since OHMSS we may have a villainess who is not a Bond girl.

Believe it or not, but in my childhood's make belief game, I had invented a villain who was named Vogel.
    Ludovico wrote: »

Good name, a villainess' name, if she does play a villain. And for the first time since OHMSS we may have a villainess who is not a Bond girl.

Believe it or not, but in my childhood's make belief game, I had invented a villain who was named Vogel.

So she is not a Bond-girl then ;-). I think this is a very...thin line. That in the past was mostly related to age. Let's have a look at some villainous women...and women that could possibly be villainous:

--> Rosa Klebb: villainous woman *they say: it's a henchwoman*
    --> Fiona Volpe: villainous woman *they say: it's a Bond-girl*
    --> Helga Brand: villainous woman *they say: it's a Bond-girl*
    --> Irma Bunt: villainous woman *they say: it's a henchwoman*
    --> Xenia Onatopp: villainous woman *they say: it's a Bond-girl*
    --> Elektra King: villainous woman *they say: it's a Bond-girl*
    --> Lucia Sciarra: possibly villainous woman *we say it's 'the oldest Bond-girl*
    --> Vogel: possibly villainous woman *although younger than Sciarra, we say it's not a Bond-girl

Two, rather discriminative, conclusions I can draw here:
    1) The "uglier" the girl, the less likely it's a Bond-girl?
    2) The "younger" the girl, the more likely she will be a Bond-girl?

Now with Lucia Sciarra, I'm already happy that we can change our attitude, because she's really the oldest Bond-girl ever, if we keep calling Lucia Sciarra a Bond-girl. But then there's a little problem. Why is Vogel then not....a Bond-girl? Because she's younger? Or slightly..."uglier"?

I think it's time to adopt one common word for all of the above villainous women. Let's call them: Bond-woman!
    antovolk wrote: »

Marketing strategy off course ;-). Sony/MGM/Eon did not just release a trailer this early for us fans. They wanted this trailer to be attached with "Furious 7". Audiences visiting "Furious 7" will be quite similar to "SPECTRE".

But what about the "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" trailer? @Antovolk ? Can you find that info as well?

So she is not a Bond-girl then ;-). I think this is a very...thin line. That in the past was mostly related to age. Let's have a look at some villainous women...and women that could possibly be villainous:

--> Lucia Sciarra: possibly villainous woman *we say it's 'the oldest Bond-girl*
    --> Vogel: possibly villainous woman *although younger than Sciarra, we say it's not a Bond-girl

Now with Lucia Sciarra, I'm already happy that we can change our attitude, because she's really the oldest Bond-girl ever, if we keep calling Lucia Sciarra a Bond-girl. But then there's a little problem. Why is Vogel then not....a Bond-girl? Because she's younger? Or slightly..."uglier"?

I think it's time to adopt one common word for all of the above villainous women. Let's call them: Bond-woman!

Here is where I draw the line: she can be intimately involved with Bond, she is a Bond girl. Thus, she has to be attractive. Lucia Sciarra may be the oldest Bond girl, but she is still darn attractive, hence she is a Bond girl. I can see Bond sleeping with her. Heck, name me one straight man, however younger, who would say no to her?
  • Not that I liked the CGI face replacement, but the truth is that there is a huge (and by that I mean HUGE) difference between a creative decision made during the making of the movie, and modifying the movie after it was already finished.
    The future dubbed/international versions aspect is taken into account by the creative team for Hollywood blockbusters now (just think of all the money it brings to them). It means the end of the "local creative dubbing" of the early years that some loathes, but it means other things. I'll continue in the related thread.

• edited April 2015 Posts: 1,552

[...]

I have a feeling that Brigitte Millar is being given too much prominence. As I've said before, she could be a bit part character, like Detlef Bothe, Wilhelm Iben, Bodo Friesecke etc. I think because she has a certain look and is one of the few women mentioned, we think that she'll have a larger role than I'm expecting her to. @Gustav_Graves was expecting her to be the next Irma Bunt, I wasn't surprised when it turned out she wasn't.

Also, not all women/girls in Bond films are Bond Girls/Villains. Some of them are just... female characters.
    Oh I agree that some actressed in Bond movies are neither Bond girls nor villainesses, they are merely female characters that happen to be in a Bond movie. Vogel might just be like the Helen McCrory character.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2015 Posts: 4,554

Here is where I draw the line: she can be intimately involved with Bond, she is a Bond girl. Thus, she has to be attractive. Lucia Sciarra may be the oldest Bond girl, but she is still darn attractive, hence she is a Bond girl. I can see Bond sleeping with her. Heck, name me one straight man, however younger, who would say no to her?

Mayday: Bond girl? Or Henchwoman?
    Rosie Carver: Bond girl? Or henchwoman?

This is an interesting argument.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »
    But I find it completely unfair. I have been reviewing the "famous" stunt sequence that Tom Cruise did for "Rogue Nation" on the side of that airplane. But the only thing he needs to do is....hanging there. Off course with security tools, like cables, and so on.

But isn't such a sequence way easier to do then the more elaborate fighting sequence inside an aggressively swirling helicopter with open doors?

Well a bird could have killed Cruise. Speed was the danger. You cannot slow down your plane and make it look as if it was going very fast, like for other vehicles. The plane has to go fast to fly...
    The CGI-face swap? I stand with my opinion about that. I prefer this option, then seeing Daniel Craig acting in front of a blue screen?

Hm, so the same people can be worried by the fact the dubbing changes the voice, but don't mind CG-face replacement that turns your actor into a mix between a stunt double and some videogame avatar... The body langage of someone is very important too.

We'll see if Craig will do the AVTAK Craig movie ! :)
    And lastly, I still think the CGI-face from the "Skyfall"-PTS motor chase was looking very realistic.

I only noticed of it, when a discussion topic was created about it.

Others are bothered by the plastic look of it. I'm sorry I have to bring that, but you said you had some autism, and isn't the difficulty to perceive feelings on others' faces a part of it ? To me the plastic look of the CG face of Craig of this movie is quite noticeable, in particular when "he" rides the bike in the crowd in the Grand Bazaar, moreover with the super sharp contrast look they chose for the movie.

What kind of retarded prick are you actually? Moderators should give you a warning, for constantly injecting discussions with unnecessary insulting remarks. And the worst thing is, that you mostly end these insulting remarks with a :-). Yes, like this: :-). It gives you a reputation here.

I indeed have a disorder inside the autism-spectrum. But there's absolutely no need to compare this with CGI-face-swapping. You should get a warning from the moderators. Because it is YOU who brings in personal attacks, while I never did ANYTHING to you in the past weeks or months. I kept focusing on the discussion, while you keep pissing saltpeter acid on your fellow forummembers with a..... :-). Sick.

STOP BEING SUCH A PRICK!

Moderators will give warnings for lots of things, one of which is unnecessary name calling. Please don't resort to that however offended you feel. If you have an issue message a mod please and we will deal with it.

In your message you could have referred to "the other guy" as well. A reaction in my case usually follows another offensive remark. Some people resort to names, others rephrase offensive remarks in such an ingenious way that it easily gets unnoticed by people......or moderators. I kindly ask you to keep a good track on these things. Because in the end there was someone using my mental illness in an offensive way. And it's not the first time "he" does that.

Like I say, message me, or flag the offensive posts, don't resort to name calling.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Lio007 wrote: »
    The digital audience rating (DAR) from Variety (US edition) directly ranks Spectre as #1 (hot spot from past week): http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/digital-audience-ratings-spectre-soars-southpaw-packs-a-punch-1201464269/
    This is another article that uses Spectre Fan art that I think has been created by one of the members here
    TripAces wrote: »

Mayday: Bond girl? Or Henchwoman?
    Rosie Carver: Bond girl? Or henchwoman?

This is an interesting argument.

Both are Bond girls. Or else Bond would not have slept with them. I say this regretfully when it comes to Mayday.
    Why can't they be both?
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 14,844
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Why can't they be both?

They can be both, obviously. But not all female characters in Bond movies are Bond girls. Rosa Klebb is a female character in a Bond movie, she is a villain, she is not a Bond girl. Same with Irma Bunt.
    Why can't they be both?

They can be both, obviously. But not all female characters in Bond movies are Bond girls.

So, in order to be a Bond-girl, you have to bed Bond?! That makes Camille (QOS) no Bond-girl then :|
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Not necessarily "bed", but either be a female love interest or close alley. Judi Dench is the oldest Bond girl, not this SPECTRE usurper.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 14,844
    Why can't they be both?

They can be both, obviously. But not all female characters in Bond movies are Bond girls.

So, in order to be a Bond-girl, you have to bed Bond?! That makes Camille (QOS) no Bond-girl then :|

I said the Bond girl can be, what matters is that there is a possibility of romance or intimacy. And I may add a reasonable possibility. Which implies attractiveness and a degree of mutual attraction. Something utterly impossible between Bond and the late M (more like a mother figure), or between Bond and Rosa Klebb (who is both a homosexual and masculinized).

And I cannot believe I need to argue over this. Anyone here thinks Rosa Klebb can qualify as a Bond girl? Seriously?
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Not necessarily "bed", but either be a female love interest or close alley. Judi Dench is the oldest Bond girl, not this SPECTRE usurper.

And Irma Bunt is no Bond-girl then? Obviously, she was also in bed with Bond ;-). Remember, many bad villainous roles we have called Bond-girls. Xenia is a Bond-girl...

Judi Dench was not a Bond girl. Not in a million years. Being an ally and a female character does not make you a Bond girl. How about that fat ally played by Julie T. Wallace? Is she a Bond girl too?
    I was joking, hence the "usurper" line.
    Oh sorry!
    Not only it seems can a female character be a Bond girl or a henchwoman, but a main adversary or ally or conversely neither. The Bondgirl tag is used where a hot, usually young, stunner of a woman is bed by Bond along his journey in a film. There then are varying degrees of Bondgirlness, from Jinx and Vesper, to Paris, Mayday and Electra. Bond didn't necessarily bed Mayday anyway, it was more a mugging by her of him... :-/
    Oh sorry!
    I was trying to describe how someone could be a Bond girl without Bond bedding them. I then realised that it could describe Dench's M, so I added it as an (amusing to me) afterthought.