SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited March 2015 Posts: 805
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Would they use more skulls, as they were used in the SF titles too...

True. Perhaps more stylized 'Day of the Dead' type skulls then.

• Official 007 Twitter feed said today that SPECTRE's "opening sequence" would include the Day of the Dead festival. I guess that's no longer a spoiler, although one fan seemed to think so.

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Official 007 Twitter feed said today that SPECTRE's "opening sequence" would include the Day of the Dead festival. I guess that's no longer a spoiler, although one fan seemed to think so.

@AlexanderWaverly Thanks for that
  • aaron819 wrote: »
    Official 007 Twitter feed said today that SPECTRE's "opening sequence" would include the Day of the Dead festival. I guess that's no longer a spoiler, although one fan seemed to think so.

If you scroll down the comments, one fan urged a spoiler alert.
    uhm I am sorry but if EON or MGM etc want to reveal everything about spectre it's kind of their right we can't ask for spoiler alerts on their product
    Source is IMDB.
    Plus, they could use him in the TS

Reckon that'll be all pre-existing footage from CR, QOS and SP, a la the OHMSS titles.

While we're on the titles, what would we like/expect to see? I'm thinking the Spectre octopus could feature large, perhaps tentacles unfurling to reveal images from the earlier Craig films.

Oh and skulls...lots of skulls. Death will be EVERYWHERE.

I don't think so - especially because Kleinman is back at it, I highly doubt it. Stylized versions of moments from the previous 3 films rendered in the sequence though or something completely different? More likely.

Octopus/Tentacles are pretty much a lock
  • aaron819 wrote: »

If you scroll down the comments, one fan urged a spoiler alert.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    uhm I am sorry but if EON or MGM etc want to reveal everything about spectre it's kind of their right we can't ask for spoiler alerts on their product

I agree. Once it's announced, it's not a spoiler any longer. Michael G. Wilson also said at the press conference the Day of the Dead would be the opening sequence. I just find it amusing someone is asking for "spoiler alert" from the *official* 007 Twitter feed.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,552
    I agree. Once it's announced, it's not a spoiler any longer
    I disagree entirely. Whilst I've been following things closely, and as such it isn't a spoiler to me, there are those who don't want to know anything about the film until they go into the cinema. They want to be surprised by everything, so reading about The Day of the Dead, or what's going to be in the PTS would be a spoiler - as it spoils the surprise for them. Whether or not it's official, or who announced the details, doesn't mean it's not a spoiler any more.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 41
    What im confused by is why people would read a thread called Spectre Production Timeline, if they didnt want anything spoiling! Surely if you read about the production of a film, you will find out plot details!
  • What im confused by is why people would read a thread called Spectre Production Timeline, if they didnt want anything spoiling! Surely if you read about the production of a film, you will find out plot details!

So true. If you don't want to know anything about the film you better disconnect the internet for the next 6 months.
  • JCRendle wrote: »
    I agree. Once it's announced, it's not a spoiler any longer
    I disagree entirely. Whilst I've been following things closely, and as such it isn't a spoiler to me, there are those who don't want to know anything about the film until they go into the cinema. They want to be surprised by everything, so reading about The Day of the Dead, or what's going to be in the PTS would be a spoiler - as it spoils the surprise for them. Whether or not it's official, or who announced the details, doesn't mean it's not a spoiler any more.

Then, by that standard, SPECTRE's title, cast, crew, one-sentence plot description and list of locations from Dec. 4 are all spoilers. The fact that the Mexican sequence is the opening of the movie now falls into that list. Also, Michael G. Wilson also said at the press conference the Day of the Dead festival was in the opening sequence.
    All I'm saying is that just because it's official, doesn't rule out the fact that some people consider it a spoiler.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 4,622
    JCRendle wrote: »
    All I'm saying is that just because it's official, doesn't rule out the fact that some people consider it a spoiler.
    You're right but their beef is with the filmmakers.
    But IMO their beef also falls into the who-cares category. Its something that filmakers might need to mull over, if the fan base is complaining about trailers and official press statements, revealing too much, but for the rest of us I think a spoiler is anything that is obtained through not-official release or statement channels, which can be quite abit.
    Just take a look at our production thread.

But if Wilson wants to pump where the Mexico segment fits, that's official marketing, as he is official.

But for social media purposes, I don't think anything that emanates from official sources or even major media sources need be spoilered, simply because for all intents and purposes, the info is now out there. It's common knowledge, regurgitated in news reports.
    To avoid would require living in a bubble.

So I don't think we on these boards, should even consider spoiler tagging such official info.
    If fans don't like it, they got to go after the filmmakers, and even then the filmmakers could very well stick their fingers in their ears, as they reserve the right to release info as they see fit, for marketing purposes.

I am a big believer, if you don't want a movie spoiled, stay off anything other than major media sites, and certainly don't go anywhere near fansites.

Can't wait too see Madeleine's character look!
    Lea-Seydoux-la-James-Bond-Girl-amoureuse-J-ai-rencontre-l-homme-de-ma-vie_portrait_w674.jpg
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 203
    bondms wrote: »
    Lea-Seydoux-la-James-Bond-Girl-amoureuse-J-ai-rencontre-l-homme-de-ma-vie_portrait_w674.jpg

if this is from the finale ... there is definitely a OHMSS and Diana Rigg vibe ... so Madaline is going to get it in bond 25!
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    mnhettia wrote: »

if this is from the finale ... there is definitely a OHMSS and Diana Rigg vibe ... so Madaline is going to get it in bond 25!

her name is Madeleine
    mnhettia wrote: »

Pretty sure the photo isn't from filming....
    Hey guys, I'm trying to stay pure and avoid spoilers for SP. Therefore, I'm really not interested in knowing all the details about the actual story and plot from the most recent draft. However, as I think we all here are, I'm fascinated by the backstory and pre-production period leading up to a Bond film.

I know a ton of info was revealed in the Sony emails. I was wondering if it was too big an ask to possibly have someone chronicle the production of the film from behind the scenes in a timeline. From the inception leading up to the moment the hack occurred. It would be most interesting to have the information collected together in one list. Of course, the big huge spoilers can be redacted using the spoiler tag. Members like @Suivez_ce_parachute have indicated that SP had a rocky production history and I think we'd all be interested to see the production history laid out definitively.

Thanks alot!
  • This probably isn't all you want. But it is a timeline of the some of the main events in the scripting of SPECTRE from November 2012 until December 2014. There are no spoilers, just who was hired when, etc.

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2015/01/01/spectres-script-a-recap-of-twists-and-turns/
    @Pierce2Daniel Back in December, I collected all the Spectre related e-mails into one 30 page long Word document. (The e-mails are put in chronological order.) At the moment I don't have the time to write the abridged story of the pre-production of Spectre, but maybe later...
    That would be fascinating reading, @PanchitoPistoles
    @Pierce2Daniel Back in December, I collected all the Spectre related e-mails into one 30 page long Word document. (The e-mails are put in chronological order.) At the moment I don't have the time to write the abridged story of the pre-production of Spectre, but maybe later...

Is there no way you could knock up a rudimentary version?
    Or maybe serialise it over the next few weeks? Incrementally releasing each piece of the timeline.
    PanchitoPistoles that would indeed be a fascinating read.
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    Hi Guys, have been a bit busy and away from the forum, but anyway i read the script 3 times now and i still havent seen anything in the shoting (photos or videos) different from the script. Or am i wrong?
  • Yeah, it's looking like they're sticking pretty close to the December draft.
  • But, @Pierce2Daniel, for many important points you simply can't discuss the early history without going into spoilers territory. Just consider the spoiler about whether or not Blofeld appears in SPECTRE for instance. This is spoiler for you if you want to stay pure and know the less about SPECTRE, and well, you can imagine if you know what was discussed about it in the early drafts, then you'll feel you've been spoiled etc, etc.
    Something dawned on me my understanding is

Quantum at some point changed their name to Spectre because as an organization even the name had to be secret from the CIA etc so when Bond is after Marrio Sciarro in the PTS are we meant to believe that he is working for Quantum and The Pale King is Mr White and then we learn about the name change and Oberhauser later on or not?

Also how many times is Quantum directly mentioned?
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Something dawned on me my understanding is

Quantum at some point changed their name to Spectre because as an organization even the name had to be secret from the CIA etc so when Bond is after Marrio Sciarro in the PTS are we meant to believe that he is working for Quantum and The Pale King is Mr White and then we learn about the name change and Oberhauser later on or not?

Also how many times is Quantum directly mentioned?

No - the organisation was always SPECTRE and Quantum seems like a subsidiary/afterthought. When he's chasing Sciarra it's very clear that he's SPECTRE because of the ring. Quantum is mentioned only once I think. But as more of a name drop, nothing more.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited March 2015 Posts: 560
    dp
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 591
    Well, there we go Bond leaving a Bond girl through a window. (picture posted by aaron819 on the production timeline discussion)

CAp1AGUWUAAvu9P.jpg