SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

For those of you who have read both scripts, and possibly more of the leaks, what exactly has been added or removed from the Mexican PTS to accommodate the tax incentives?

Have these changes helped the script, hindered it or not made much of a difference?
    I think all the Mexican incentives, were incorporated before the Dec script was leaked.
    Ie Sciarra, the bad guy is not Mexican. Estrella does seem like a local agent.
    As for the assassination target, I'm not sure who it is, but he's not Mexican.
    I really don't think Eon had to make big concessions here, as the only story element that matters is that Bond is on location to take out the Spectre agent Sciarra.
    timmer wrote: »
    I think all the Mexican incentives, were incorporated before the Dec script was leaked.
    So do I, but I know two versions were leaked and I wondered what the members who have read both versions thought - the early version and the Dec version - and how the differences in the Mexican scenes between the two.
    JCRendle wrote: »
    So do I, but I know two versions were leaked and I wondered what the members who have read both versions thought - the early version and the Dec version - and how the differences in the Mexican scenes between the two.
    Good question. ie what did the Mexico scenario look like in early drafts?
    ie what did the Mexico scenario look like in early drafts?
    Exactly

• edited March 2015 Posts: 3,169
    1) October script: When he first lands on the rooftop he is immediately placed so he can see the building across the street/square. He pulls out his gun.

December script: When he first lands on the rooftop he walks along the ledge looking down on the festival before reaching his destination. Then he jumps across an alleyway and crouches. Then he takes out his gun.

2) "Mexican governor" has been changed to "an ambassador" in the December script.

3) In the October script Bond is discovered by the bad guys almost by accident. In the December script Bond is discovered when the bad guy lights a cigarette and sees Bond's laser beam.

4) The helicopter pilot "lands on the square" in the October script, after being thrown out of the chopper. In the December script we don't see him landing on the square. Instead the chopper "decapitates" a long machete when being almost close to the ground, before banking into the skyline.

These are the biggest changes... the action setpiece hasn't really changed that much.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    3) In the October script Bond is discovered by the bad guys almost by accident. In the December script Bond is discovered when the bad guy lights a cigarette and sees Bond's laser beam.
    I like this.

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Looking forward to fiennes as m, he will be excellent I think. Great casting.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    From the production thread - I could not post that there....because spoilers....!
    There's a notice on a lamppost near to where they filmed the DB5 stating that filming is taking place 14 15 march ? Any ideas?
    Léa was apparently seen in a London restaurant Sunday evening. But no source to this sighting other than it was posted on one of her forums. If true it seems like they filmed the ending?
    Could be, good point. But they could also be filming in Pinewood, or she's on a break where she isn't needed
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    This movie will be so iconic.. Every scene refers to a scene of a previous Bond movie. I don't know if this was made on purpose, but it is amazing.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited March 2015 Posts: 4,043
    I seriously looking forward to Craig getting his first Bond triumphant PTS. This definitely seems like something Connery, Moore, Dalton & Brosnan have had in the past and an example which we have been waiting for the Craig era to deliver.

I imagine the temptation to have JB theme blaring during this will be pretty great. It's one of those times I hope Newman is instructed whether he likes or not.

SPECTRE is shaping up to be the film that not only will be loved by the general public but will also deliver those moments that some fans have missed.

If hits the spots it seems to be implying this film will have the return factor about it and may well come near to Skyfall's haul. One things for sure this country will lap this up.

It's over to you Mr Mendes "don't cock it up"
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    This movie will be so iconic.. Every scene refers to a scene of a previous Bond movie. I don't know if this was made on purpose, but it is amazing.

Hopefully. But remember DAD....that wasn't pretty.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 2,015

You wonder if it is on purpose ? IMO these last screenplays have "Safety Net" written all over them, and not just at the end :) It looks as if Logan went so far in one direction (M a traitor, etc...), that they corrected it with going very far in the safe direction... I can imagine the last rewrites going into even safer territory (no "last mission ?" cliffhanger, no "brother angle" at all, etc)
    Yes, maybe.
    You can see it from Bond and Madeleine arrive in FO compound.
    All the scenes are an homage to Dr No
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,215
    I wonder if the outfit in the teaser poster is just for that photoshoot or if it is used in the film as well. I could really see him in that gear during the London finale.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    I wonder if the outfit in the teaser poster is just for that photoshoot or if it is used in the film as well. I could really see him in that gear during the London finale.

@battleshipgreygt I love the outfit! I think you're right, he will probably wear this in the London finale.
  • aaron819 wrote: »

@battleshipgreygt I love the outfit! I think you're right, he will probably wear this in the London finale.

Isn't it what he wore in the Austrian plane sequence?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    aaron819 wrote: »

Isn't it what he wore in the Austrian plane sequence?
    No, that was slightly different. Thicker clothing for the torso, the rounded turtleneck being higher, and the trousers was not a formal wear. The one in the teaser is.
  • Actually maybe I am wrong, but there sure are a lot of black skivvies and matching pants getting around in Spectre at this stage. What ever happened to the reversible dinner suit?
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    I thought it was only me that thought that the new poster was Austria-like. There are differences of course but still quite similar.

A white dinner jacket will be making an appearance at some point ;) I am sure it that will be discussed in the wardrobe thread once the film comes out.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Actually maybe I am wrong, but there sure are a lot of black skivvies and matching pants getting around in Spectre at this stage. What ever happened to the reversible dinner suit?
    Well, I always wanted to see Bond wearing a white dinner jacket with a carnation placed on the breast collar of the jacket itself. Last time we saw it (minus the carnation) was in A View To A Kill, and according to a friend of mine, an early advertisement for the then-untitled Tomorrow Never Dies.
    Jesper C's "stunt double"? Did they rewrite his part again? The December script only had him sitting in a chair.
    http://www.007travelers.blogspot.fi/2015/03/pete-ford-stunt-double-for-jesper.html
  • leas_mole wrote: »
    I thought it was only me that thought that the new poster was Austria-like. There are differences of course but still quite similar.

A white dinner jacket will be making an appearance at some point ;) I am sure it that will be discussed in the wardrobe thread once the film comes out.

Now you have me intrigued, please go on.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    leas_mole wrote: »

Bond wears a white DJ in Morocco in his meeting with Oberhauser/whoever

leas_mole wrote: »

Bond wears a white DJ in Morocco in his meeting with Oberhauser/whoever

Not Exactly.
    He wears it on the train.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Jesper C's "stunt double"? Did they rewrite his part again? The December script only had him sitting in a chair.
    http://www.007travelers.blogspot.fi/2015/03/pete-ford-stunt-double-for-jesper.html

He is shot dead, so maybe that's where the stuntdouble was for.
    Source is IMDB.
    Plus, they could use him in the TS
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Source is IMDB.
    Plus, they could use him in the TS

Reckon that'll be all pre-existing footage from CR, QOS and SP, a la the OHMSS titles.

While we're on the titles, what would we like/expect to see? I'm thinking the Spectre octopus could feature large, perhaps tentacles unfurling to reveal images from the earlier Craig films.

Oh and skulls...lots of skulls. Death will be EVERYWHERE.

Would they use more skulls, as they were used in the SF titles too...