SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

IMG_1210.jpg
    You might have to upload them to an image hosting site first. @SeaNorse, I use Tumblr, but there are multiple sites available.
    chipsticks wrote: »

These are very nice poster material!! Thank you @chipsticks. It looks like I may not be going to sleep any time soon... lol
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    andmcit wrote: »
    chipsticks wrote: »

These are very nice poster material!! Thank you @chipsticks. It looks like I may not be going to sleep any time soon... lol

happy to keep you awake with good stuff my friend :-bd :))
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited March 2015 Posts: 1,257
    SeaNorse wrote: »
    Have them on my desktop but I can't drag them into the comment box. Want to send them, you can see they are getting ready to light that giant waterfall.

Like @JCRendle said, you have to upload the images to a host site. imgur.com is convenient. At the top of the imgur.com page, you'll see a button that reads "upload images". Click it and upload the photos from your computer. Then you can share the image links with us.

If you don't want to bother with that, you can jut email them to one of us. Message me if you would rather just do that.

I think many of us are eager to see what they have in store for us in Mexico.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    @Pierce2Daniel Jesus Christ, calm down man!
    but the truth is you know I'm right.
    Are you a politician? And guess what... no, I don't know that you are right.
    Christ sakes. You've really got your knives out for a film you are yet to see a frame of.
    Yeah, this is a really sensible response to this: "Having said that, I do not think it will really have a big negative impact on the overall quality of the movie, so I'm not worried."
    The quality of the script is not indicative as to whether a film itself is any good, by all means it's a fair indicator but film is a visual medium and crap films have been made from supposed great scripts and vice versa.
    We aren't talking about the whole film. We are talking about the car. One. Car. By the way, nobody needs to read the script to see how bringing the Aston Martin DB5 back undermines the relevance of its destruction in Skyfall.

I really do not understand why on earth do you have to become so agitated when reading some criticism. The movie won't be terrible, I love Sam Mendes, I'm sure he would direct a decent movie even if the screenplay was horrible. So don't tell me that I have my knives out for this film!

Stop arguing and bringing us down ...go stand in line for MI:5 ...

• edited March 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Zekidk wrote: »
    I'm getting confused. So...
    - cameras mounted on front of the cars facing inwards: filming passenger(s) while driving? (meaning the real actors?)
    IMO, they are filming the reflections of the city lights on the cars, so they can recreate them with CG or with projecting them on the cars in Pinewood, for the closeups with the real actors. Or for some CG in the chase.

Usually you just need to take photos of spheres like this so that you can insert/create your CG effects with the right lighting.

Wesley.Sewell..VFX.sup.Ref.Balls.KOH.sm.jpg

but here the cars move very fast so... let's use the cars themselves instead of such spheres, I guess.

I've actually handled such stuff on a movie set :) And plates with crosses made of duct tapes ! This is VFX glamour !
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I wonder if the M:I forums went nuts then the first movie was released, and they just saw a few minutes of actual M:I spirit, before it changed into something totally different. I remember Peter Graves was not happy :)

• SarkSark Guangdong, PRC

Perhaps when this is renamed the "Spectre no criticism thread" such a comment will be appropriate.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    A collection of videos from the filming last night:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/51pcwgmmznt1bx1/AADtqcfdwuEq76zJmbTuhdb-a?dl=0

Sark wrote: »

Perhaps when this is renamed the "Spectre no criticism thread" such a comment will be appropriate.

True, of course, but its interestung to see, that its always the same people, who are positive...and negative - continuously. And THAT then leads to the question, is it their way of having fun or is everything just really so lousy...in their opinion. There is a line,and not even a fine one, between realistic, welcome critisism and bitching. Some get that right, other dont. For those, it would be appreciated, if they would just map out their problem once and not try to convince everybody else over several pages. And this is now just generally spoken. Not adressed to anybody specifically. Those, whovtend to do that, know.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @Pierce2Daniel Jesus Christ, calm down

You should take and apply your own advice.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 4,619
    doubleoego wrote: »
    @Pierce2Daniel Jesus Christ, calm down

You should take and apply your own advice.

Really? As I said many times before I am absolutely sure that the worst case scenario is that Spectre will turn out to be a decent Bond film, and the worst case is that it will be about as good as GoldenEye was. Sam Mendes is one of my 3 favourite directors working today, and he hasn't disappointed me so far.

And to the person who wrote "Stop arguing and bringing us down ...go stand in line for MI:5 ...": Please read my comments again. Thank you!

Well said! It is possible to be positive about something overall, and at the same time criticise certain elements of it. I really don't see why some people need to get enraged when others criticise some aspects of the movie we hear about from news, or see on photos.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Germanlady wrote: »

True, of course, but its interestung to see, that its always the same people, who are positive...and negative - continuously. And THAT then leads to the question, is it their way of having fun or is everything just really so lousy...in their opinion. There is a line,and not even a fine one, between realistic, welcome critisism and bitching. Some get that right, other dont. For those, it would be appreciated, if they would just map out their problem once and not try to convince everybody else over several pages. And this is now just generally spoken. Not adressed to anybody specifically. Those, whovtend to do that, know.

Except that we're specifically talking about PanchitoPistoles, and he's definitely not in the 'continuously negative' category. He's very excited about SPECTRE (as am I), and he's read the script. Yet when he brings up something that he doesn't care for and he gets people saying either shut up or leave.

Personally I like the posts that have a more critical eye much more than the ones that just cheer for anything that EON does.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 11,119
    jake24 wrote: »
    No Penelope Cruz?

Good. Don't want any more huge name actors in minor roles clogging up the narrative and lessening believability.
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    DB 5 after Skyfall. Why not? It's fiction. The filmmakers can do whatever they want to do IMO. They always did. They even had false vulcanos!

Small continuity errors are even present in the best Bond films.

--> Did someone wept over the fact that in the PTS of "Thunderball" Bond's Aston Martin DB5 was suddenly brand new again, after it got more or less destroyed in "Goldfinger"?
    --> Did someone wept over the fact that in "OHMSS" James Bond and Blofeld suddenly suffered from severe memory loss, and forgot that they actually met in "YOLT"?
    --> Did someone wept over the fact that in the PTS of "Quantum Of Solace" Bond's Aston Martin DBS suddenly had the possession of a new Aston Martin DBS? It's slightly dubious to call this continuity, but director Marc Forster could have elaborated on this.
    --> Did someone wept over the fact that 007 in "Diamonds Are Forever" Tracy's death was actually ignored completely? Compared to "DAF", actually "For Your Eyes Only" feels like the sequel to "OHMSS".
    --> Did someone wept over the fact that Q-Branch in "Die Another Day" actually collected all of Bond's gadgets, AND villain's gadgets, somewhere in an abandoned tube station?

My point: I don't like this continuity error that is now present in "SPECTRE". I fully agree with @RC7 that, especially now there's a focus on narrative continuity in the Craig-films, other "items" are victimized for that and are literally out of sink with continuity.

Still, I can easily accept the fact and go on. Because we never really cared about the biggest continuity gaffe in Bond history; the one in "OHMSS". That continuity mistake is actually enhanced more when Bond utters the line "This never happened to the other fella". So if one is very strict and loyal to that piece of "continuity" in "OHMSS", a new person within the Bond narrative universe actually took over Bond's real identity, using James Bond" How f##ked up is that!

Also, Bond is not Star Trek. I've been quite the Trek-fan myself. And one thing that really got me tired was the completely insane, joy-less "continuity guardian apparatus" which was dwelling like a KGB-esque sickness on so many Trek-forums. It also gets the "soul" out of a franchise (which now is clearly the case with "Star Trek"). The "shuttle loss count" in "Star Trek: Voyager" is a good example. In the end you're spiraling yourself down into a moody negative nitpicker, who tends to forget that something like "Star Trek" still is entertainment.

Now this will never happen with Bond. And I'm pretty certain the Aston Martin DB5 in "SPECTRE" will not have that big a role as compared to "Skyfall". For me it still looks like a TND-esque cameo. And there is perhaps a very good narrative explanation for the DB5 being present in "SPECTRE". One that we don't know off yet! Will be difficult yes, but who knows!

And moreover, we do get plentiful continuity from the main narrative of the film. The return of Mr White (CR, QOS), old M's porcelain bulldog (SF), new M's wonderful Bernard Lee-esque office, how QUANTUM got SPECTRE (QOS)....and more. Don't let these continuity errors destroy your fun :-). A continuity error IMO does not affect the entire quality of a film. Otherwise I would be complaining for ages about "OHMSS".
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    edited March 2015 Posts: 630
    jake24 wrote: »
    No Penelope Cruz?

Good. Don't want any more huge name actors in minor roles clogging up the narrative and lessening believability.
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    DB 5 after Skyfall. Why not? It's fiction. The filmmakers can do whatever they want to do IMO. They always did. They even had false vulcanos!

Small continuity errors are even present in the best Bond films.

--> Did someone wept over the fact that in the PTS of "Thunderball" Bond's Aston Martin DB5 was suddenly brand new again, after it got more or less destroyed in "Goldfinger"?
    --> Did someone wept over the fact that in "OHMSS" James Bond and Blofeld suddenly suffered from severe memory loss, and forgot that they actually met in "YOLT"?
    --> Did someone wept over the fact that in the PTS of "Quantum Of Solace" Bond's Aston Martin DBS suddenly had the possession of a new Aston Martin DBS? It's slightly dubious to call this continuity, but director Marc Forster could have elaborated on this.
    --> Did someone wept over the fact that 007 in "Diamonds Are Forever" Tracy's death was actually ignored completely? Compared to "DAF", actually "For Your Eyes Only" feels like the sequel to "OHMSS".
    --> Did someone wept over the fact that Q-Branch in "Die Another Day" actually collected all of Bond's gadgets, AND villain's gadgets, somewhere in an abandoned tube station?

My point: I don't like this continuity error that is now present in "SPECTRE". I fully agree with @RC7 that, especially now there's a focus on narrative continuity in the Craig-films, other "items" are victimized for that and are literally out of sink with continuity.

Still, I can easily accept the fact and go on. Because we never really cared about the biggest continuity gaffe in Bond history; the one in "OHMSS". That continuity mistake is actually enhanced more when Bond utters the line "This never happened to the other fella". So if one is very strict and loyal to that piece of "continuity" in "OHMSS", a new person within the Bond narrative universe actually took over Bond's real identity, using James Bond" How f##ked up is that!

Also, Bond is not Star Trek. I've been quite the Trek-fan myself. And one thing that really got me tired was the completely insane, joy-less "continuity guardian apparatus" which was dwelling like a KGB-esque sickness on so many Trek-forums. It also gets the "soul" out of a franchise (which now is clearly the case with "Star Trek"). The "shuttle loss count" in "Star Trek: Voyager" is a good example. In the end you're spiraling yourself down into a moody negative nitpicker, who tends to forget that something like "Star Trek" still is entertainment.

Now this will never happen with Bond. And I'm pretty certain the Aston Martin DB5 in "SPECTRE" will not have that big a role as compared to "Skyfall". For me it still looks like a TND-esque cameo. And there is perhaps a very good narrative explanation for the DB5 being present in "SPECTRE". One that we don't know off yet! Will be difficult yes, but who knows!

And moreover, we do get plentiful continuity from the main narrative of the film. The return of Mr White (CR, QOS), old M's porcelain bulldog (SF), new M's wonderful Bernard Lee-esque office, how QUANTUM got SPECTRE (QOS)....and more. Don't let these continuity errors destroy your fun :-). A continuity error IMO does not affect the entire quality of a film. Otherwise I would be complaining for ages about "OHMSS".

It's not a continuity error
    EDIT: the explanation is good and very simple
    If we get the Rome Production Videoblog on Thursday

We will probably see the scenes they filmed with Dave, Daniel and Lucia.

That means we should see the following scenes in the videoblog:

1) Museum of Roman Civilisation - as cemetery
    2) Villa Fiorano - It was confirmed that this was filmed, but we never saw any pictures because the Villa is quite a bit far from the city
    3) The chase part filmed with cameras mounted on the cars - Corso Vittorio Emanuele II
    4) DB10 entrance into Rome

This is what we will see if it comes out tomorrow, as the 2nd unit hasn't yet been wrapped up.

I think we won't see the videoblog tomorrow
    I think they will wait for the 2nd unit to finish in Rome - that's on Friday and then get the videoblog online probably next Thursday.

What are your opinions?
    Germanlady wrote: »
    True, of course, but its interestung to see, that its always the same people, who are positive...and negative - continuously.
    When some hint that Skyfall is the first true masterpiece of the Bond franchise, the first that is more than far-fetched escapism for kids, the first to dare to have Tennyson in it, the first that is worth being watched on BluRay, the most successful Bond ever, the first Bond score that is worth of admiration, etc, etc, etc.. is it being positive or negative ? This implies IMO a quite strong negative criticism of 96% of the franchise actually ! And all this about a movie where a 80 yo M shoots the bad guys with the help of 80 yo Bond's family gamekeeper :) Funny that defending 22 Bond movies can be perceived as "negative", while it's only a contrast effect...

I think SPECTRE may be even more divisive. This is going to be hot here in the next years :)
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Photos from last night shooting in Rome at Via Panisperna.

http://imgur.com/a/nkvye

2QI7ZKk.jpg

qF9bwxt.jpg

cAJZndH.jpg
    edited March 2015 Posts: 1,208
    SeaNorse just sent me a picture he took in Mexico:

S6xTTFn.jpg
    @aaron819 we can't access it
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

I saw her recently in the US version of the tv show, the Bridge. She was very good in it, and very charismatic. Looking forward to her contributions in SP.
    @aaron819 we can't access it

@SkyfallCraig I have edited the post. You should be able to see it now
    Tonight they will be filming along the Tiber on the river pathway from:

Ponte Umberto I Bridge
    to
    Ponte Principe Amedeo

This is part 10 on the car chase map
    So they will film in front of Castel Sant'Angelo, an amazing old castle.
    The strange thing is the built a path that doesn't exists linking parts that in the reality are not linked between them
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 188
    Is this car chase ever going to end? I hope I'm not the only one who's getting slightly tired of it, however beautiful Rome is and however beautiful the cars are. Maybe it's just that the balance is off - maybe I wouldn't mind if there were some actor photos occasionally, or stunt people doing other stuff than sitting in or on cars. So it's nobody's fault but really all about what's currently available.
    I love how dedicated you guys are with those pics of the shoot. Thank you so much for doing that! Still, for me it's getting so that I am developing a slight resentment towards those cars. I log onto this thread every day thinking "yay, 20+ new entries!", and all I get is more cars and discussions about cars. (And now, more cars in London! Joy!)

I'm never getting either an Aston Martin or a Jaguar, that's for sure, even if I win the lottery. :/
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I hope SPECTRE's promotional campaign will being the return of this:k5ECzIu.png
    This is shaping up tobe even better than Skyfall which I didn't think was possible. Bring on the DB5!¬
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I hope SPECTRE's promotional campaign will being the return of this:k5ECzIu.png
    Robert McGinnis did this?
    edited March 2015 Posts: 1,208
    11005191_615423325225108_9800818_n.jpg