SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• RC7RC7
    It really is disappointing that they can't just put the DB5 to bed.
  • aaron819 wrote: »

Kool pictures of Whitehall, Does anyone know if there will be any more shooting in London over the next few weeks, I would love to go see if I could see some of the film being made? Many thanks
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    There's a terribly post-modern vibe to these cars and the photos at night with empty streets. This chase is going to be epic it seems.
    Will this DB5 bickering ever stop?

Just my 5 pence worth but, you have to accept that Bond and the DB5 will forever be linked, it is now part of the Bond folklore as, despite best efforts by Omega, is Rolex (on a NATO strap), Turnbull and Asser and Anthony Sinclair. The DB10 will always play the Bond car history but...think Bond, think DB5 etc.

Everyone has their own opinions and, depending on your age, their own favourites. But judging from the reaction when it appeared in Skyfall, and I attended the cast and crew showing where it prompted a huge cheer, I suspect it will have at least a cameo in all future Bond films.

If you attended a supercar meeting in the UK the cars that always attract a great deal of attention are the Aston Martins, old and new. A DBS is a staggeringly beautiful car and sounds fantastic but the Bond connection sets it apart from its contemporaries, it is Bond on four wheels. But wheel in a DB5 and you will always have a winner.

And, would you rather see pictures of something going on or....several moths of silence and no pictures from a closed set?

Be grateful there is lots of coverage at the moment.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Was Craig actually on set???

You can see in this video the camera on the DB10

http://websta.me/p/936765510891728201_285705634

Nope, according to the DailyMail and our lovely friend @Germanlady. Danny Boy is in London.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2986819/Daniel-Craig-takes-walk-casual-jeans-trainers.html
  • RC7RC7
    Scamp wrote: »

Just my 5 pence worth but, you have to accept that Bond and the DB5 will forever be linked.

What I don't have to accept is it featuring in the modern films. It was in GF/TB and didn't feature again for thirty years. It wasn't a problem then. They just need to let go and stop clinging to the past.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Was Craig actually on set???

You can see in this video the camera on the DB10

http://websta.me/p/936765510891728201_285705634

Nope, according to the DailyMail and our lovely friend @Germanlady. Danny Boy is in London.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2986819/Daniel-Craig-takes-walk-casual-jeans-trainers.html

Why did they have those cameras on the cars yesterday when filming on Via Nomentana, I hope they won't paste Daniel's face on the stunt double's face like they did in the Istanbul Motorbike roof chase.

RC7 wrote: »
    Scamp wrote: »

Just my 5 pence worth but, you have to accept that Bond and the DB5 will forever be linked.

What I don't have to accept is it featuring in the modern films. It was in GF/TB and didn't feature again for thirty years. It wasn't a problem then. They just need to let go and stop clinging to the past.

Well said! What makes the return of the DB5 especially annoying is that it blew up at the end of Skyfall. That movie was about the old and the new, and just as we said goodbye to the old M and the old MI6, it seemed like we said goodbye to Bond's old car too. Bringing it back completely undermines its destruction in Skyfall.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    My simple response to all criticism leveled at SP is HFIM. (Have Faith in Mendes.)
    Someone made this:
    1507013_804742519618703_7625345630966367101_n.jpg?oh=2e4cb3ce1111333d9e01bd31b7e92cf5&oe=5574030C&__gda__=1433886300_514703e280c50dbb47fe50b01648a895
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    wow great artwork!!
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Someone made this: [ image ]
    That would be @andmcit
    edited March 2015 Posts: 1,208
    Stephanie Sigman has joined the cast as Estrella

11044555_1024787874202790_3162991968054845353_o.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    No Penelope Cruz?
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    very nice! beautiful girl, better an relatively unknown than penelope cruz.
    jake24 wrote: »
    No Penelope Cruz?

Seems, no
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I wonder how prominent this “Estrella” role is in the film.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    We are pleased to announce that Stephanie Sigman has joined the cast of SPECTRE as Estrella. The Mexican actress was the lead in the Academy Awards nominated Miss Bala (2011) and also starred in Norway’s submission for Best Film at this year’s Oscars®, Pioneer (2013). Her recent TV appearances include, The Bridge (2013) and Narcos (2015).
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Ilario Citton has interviewed the italian producer of Spectre. He said that Daniel has done filming in Rome. The first unit will now go in Mexico City, with the second unit going to Morocco. Also, he said it's not true that Craig hurt himself while filming here, that they didn't film in Verano because some tombs owners felt it was not respectful for the dead. They decided to come to Rome because they wanted to do something was never done with the city, making it even more famous in the world. Also, Tax Credit laws helped them. He said the production and Sam Mendes were impressed by the organization that were built in Rome.
    chipsticks wrote: »

I have chipsticks to thank for sharing these yesterday really!!
    :-h
    Maybe he is doing on set interviews like for CR and QOS.

Jonathan Ross @wossy · 7h 7 hours ago
    I'm at Pinewood studios - just visited the set of the next Bond movie #SPECTRE
    My lips are sealed but it's going to be EPIC!

The DB5 is just a cheap gimmick at this point. Bringing it back was a terrible idea, although a short cameo won't completely ruin the movie.

Trust me, understanding the very particular situation that allows it to be brought back in this film is extremely unlikely without having read the script. It isn't just brought back arbitrarily or anything like that.
    Sigman is a fine choice indeed and far less showy casting than Cruz. Nonetheless, she is beautiful. She also appeared in the music video for the Arctic Monkeys' single 'Snap Out of It'

• Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    Bring it on Mexico!
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 4,619
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    The DB5 is just a cheap gimmick at this point. Bringing it back was a terrible idea, although a short cameo won't completely ruin the movie.

Trust me, understanding the very particular situation that allows it to be brought back in this film is extremely unlikely without having read the script. It isn't just brought back arbitrarily or anything like that.

I have read the screenplay. The way it is brought back is very uninspired, and the car's appearance is nothing more than a cheap gimmick. Having said that, I do not think it will really have a big negative impact on the overall quality of the movie, so I'm not worried.
    jake24 wrote: »
    No Penelope Cruz?

Good. Don't want any more huge name actors in minor roles clogging up the narrative and lessening believability.

• ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Literary bond loved his Bentley, movie bond loves his Aston. It's ok with me
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Lovely lady.
    @SkyfallCraig Did the italian producer of Spectre say anything else?