SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Sjee, how much longer does this car chase filming take? In all honesty, it gets a little bit boring.....:P
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    Do you think they are halfway though filming the film?
    For the Rome scene? Possibly if there's talk of the 13/14th cut off depending on weather. For the film? No chance, they've only just got started!!
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 11,119
    andmcit wrote: »
    For the Rome scene? Possibly if there's talk of the 13/14th cut off depending on weather. For the film? No chance, they've only just got started!!

Actually no. They started December 8th with filming. It is March 8th now. More or les 45% of the film has been shot now :-)
    andmcit wrote: »

Actually no. They started December 8th with filming. It is March 8th now. More or les 45% of the film has been shot now :-)

Sam Mendes said they will be shooting for 7 months.
    They did 3 months with 4 more to follow. So they have another 2 weeks until halftime.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Oh and I am all for the use of old gadgets in Bond movies, instead of coming up with completely new ones all the time. The one I miss most is the briefcase of FRWL.

But let's go full throttle then, and let Sam Mendes make a remake of an old Bond movie, or an adaption of a Fleming novel. IMO Sam Mendes, who loves iconography, and John Logan, who here loved to demolish icons, are a too weird couple, whose skills are not complementary. When, in one year, we can discuss the old Logan screenplays of SPECTRE (which are very obsolete now, but nevertheless we can't discuss them outside the leaks thread), you'll see what I mean.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    All the negativity :(
  • Ludovico wrote: »
    Oh and I am all for the use of old gadgets in Bond movies, instead of coming up with completely new ones all the time. The one I miss most is the briefcase of FRWL.

But let's go full throttle then, and let Sam Mendes make a remake of an old Bond movie, or an adaption of a Fleming novel. IMO Sam Mendes, who loves iconography, and John Logan, who here loved to demolish icons, are a too weird couple, whose skills are not complementary. When, in one year, we can discuss the old Logan screenplays of SPECTRE (which are very obsolete now, but nevertheless we can't discuss them outside the leaks thread), you'll see what I mean.

Except, remember how Logan said he was working closely with Mendes? Is it possible Mendes was all for Logan's ideas -- until he wasn't?

Seriously, there's this narrative shaping up that the script problems were all Logan's fault. I suspect the truth is considerably more complex.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    edited March 2015 Posts: 1,138
    Hm, since they did clean some parts of the tags on the old walls so that they look nice, and installed a skate park with tags on it and around it so that it looks poor, I'm afraid it could be "old vs new" hammered once again

I hope this doesn't mean that a scene takes place at a skateboarding park.

If Gustav is saying something is bad about the Craig era it's in big trouble.

Someone put the DB5 and PPK in the same category. They're correct. They should both be ditched. There's a difference between being a traditionalist and being stuck in the past. Being a bit old fashioned is the first, continuing to use inferior cars and weaponry for nostalgic purposes is the second. The DB5 and PKK are both beautiful, sexy classics. But they can't compete with things designed in the last fifty years. Bond should have them with his mementos (for the pkk) or a Sunday drive (the DB5).
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited March 2015 Posts: 3,277
    Until now, these are the photos from last night shooting at Via Nomentana in Rome. All from Twitter, Instagram and Il Messaggero.

IMGUR Album: http://imgur.com/a/3ckOX

Il Messaggero: http://foto.ilmessaggero.it/spettacoli/le-riprese-di-james-bond-su-lungotevere-a-roma-foto-rizzo-toiati/0-92562.shtml

ZPTXHn6.jpg

n66AhYE.jpg

gYKwajo.jpg

yTQtwEs.jpg
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Here is a collection of all the videos I came across during filming in Via Nomentana between Sunday night and Monday early morning.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m511j6trq5063xz/AABY5kLLE0uVXx-yHKVjUL-ha?dl=0

We didn't see Daniel or Dave on set, does this mean that Daniel will film the closeups in a studio green screen?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Here is a collection of all the videos I came across during filming in Via Nomentana between Sunday night and Monday early morning.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m511j6trq5063xz/AABY5kLLE0uVXx-yHKVjUL-ha?dl=0

We didn't see Daniel or Dave on set, does this mean that Daniel will film the closeups in a studio green screen?

More than likely that is the case. Last summer I worked on the new Terminator film. There is a huge action sequence that takes place on The Golden Gate Bridge. The scene was actually shot in New Orleans and the stars were never on the set. Their shots were to be done later in studio.

Thanks a lot for your effort @aaron819. I did the same here!!! :D I also made a video with all of the Twitter and Instagram videos from last night shooting.

FILMING SPECTRE IN ROME (March 8th, 2015)

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sjee, how much longer does this car chase filming take? In all honesty, it gets a little bit boring.....:P

Really? Boring. Wash your mouth out.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Do you think they are halfway though filming the film?

I have no idea. But I'm quite happy with what I'm seeing. No alarm bells have rung yet.
    When has OO7 ever let us down?
    And DAD is not an answer.
    Benny wrote: »
    When has OO7 ever let us down? And DAD is not an answer.

Of course it isn't, because the answer is MR. And DAF. And LALD. And TMWTGG. And TND.
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    Any news on the brazilian artwork for '007 Contra Spectre', @marketto007 ?
    HMBFF wrote: »
    Any news on the brazilian artwork for '007 Contra Spectre', @marketto007 ?

Not yet @HMBFF :(

There's some new photos added to the IMGUR album.

YgoLKH0.jpg

5VNmkSp.jpg

Io4XLdG.jpg

42VLB3t.jpg

GNjBK7n.jpg

83duWjP.jpg

XY6evv5.jpg

FD3FWTK.jpg
    Was Craig actually on set???

You can see in this video the camera on the DB10

http://websta.me/p/936765510891728201_285705634
    Thanks for all the latest photo's people!!! Looking forward to the Rome production blog!!!! Whenever that maybe released? :-bd
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited March 2015 Posts: 560
    Was Craig actually on set???

You can see in this video the camera on the DB10

http://websta.me/p/936765510891728201_285705634
    I'm getting confused. So...
    - cameras mounted on front of the cars facing inwards: filming passenger(s) while driving? (meaning the real actors?)
    - a chair on top of one - or both - the cars: for the stunt drivers. What is being filmed here? From the inside of the car?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I wish we could see something else happening.
    I think @Germanlady could help us with this.
    They are filming tonight at Via Panisperna from 21:00 till 05:00
    fc2blog_20150308213148d33.jpg
    New photos form shooting yesterday in Whitehall:
    http://www.contactmusic.com/pictures/2015/03-08/filming_of_james_bond_080315

You're fast :D

atmosphere-filming-of-james-bond_4623679.jpg