SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Great pics from the Rome shoot. That really is one nice looking Aston.

Those are awesome! Looks epic. Want the cars, love Daniel Craig in that bespoke suit. Bond in an all-black three-piece-suit - is that after the funeral?
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 220
    Tuxedo wrote:
    Somehow I don't like these cars. They remind me of the Jag and the Aston in DAD. Hopefully they fit into the general tone and style of SPECTRE.

Not my feeling. The cars from DAD were designed for fighting on icy lakes. The DB10 and C-X75 are definitely designed and built for "racing - car chasing" in Roma: that's completely another way of filming.

[img][/img]624236AstonJaguar.jpg

• RC7RC7
    Lio007 wrote: »
    Tuxedo wrote:
    Somehow I don't like these cars. They remind me of the Jag and the Aston in DAD. Hopefully they fit into the general tone and style of SPECTRE.

Not my feeling. The cars from DAD were designed for fighting on icy lakes. The DB10 and C-X75 are definitely designed and built for "racing - car chasing" in Roma: that's completely another way of filming.

Still reckon the DB10 will be gadget laden, and for that reason similar to the Vanish.

• RC7 wrote: »
    Tuxedo wrote:

Still reckon the DB10 will be gadget laden, and for that reason similar to the Vanish.

I don't think so, from what I've seen. This will be a car chase that focuses on real driving skills.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Still reckon the DB10 will be gadget laden,
    Yeah, we learned from the map that the DB10 will carry machine guns.
    Tuxedo wrote:

I don't think so, from what I've seen. This will be a car chase that focuses on real driving skills.

Mendes did say it had a few tricks up it's sleeve at the announcement.
  • RC7RC7
    edited February 2015 Posts: 10,512
    Tuxedo wrote:

I don't doubt that, but I do think we'll see gadgets. That just seems to be the way Mendes is taking things.

Regards the DAD ice chase - that specific section is brilliant IMO and incredibly skilful.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    In an interview posted in the Bond girls thread, Lea Seydoux talks a bit about her character in SP. Not much we don't already know, except for
    she says that Madeleine Swann falls in love with Bond and that she has fight scenes of which Seydoux is training for.
    She also says that SP has a great script.
    jake24 wrote: »
    In an interview posted in the Bond girls thread, Lea Seydoux talks a bit about her character in SP. Not much we don't already know, except for
    she says that Madeleine Swann falls in love with Bond and that she has fight scenes of which Seydoux is training for.
    She also says that SP has a great script.

I wonder if any actor says anything else about the script of the movie they are in during shooting.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Tuxedo wrote:

I don't doubt that, but I do think we'll see gadgets. That just seems to be the way Mendes is taking things.

Regards the DAD ice chase - that specific section is brilliant IMO and incredibly skilful.

That specific section could perhaps be fun and brilliant. But I thought it is important to see how this segment fits into the narrative and the plot as set in Iceland. Why would you escape in the first place with your Juaguar on ice? Not because there are plentiful roads so you actually CAN escape. No, the escape was written in the plot, so seconds later you could see that whole arsenal of weapons inside Zao's Jaguar (Why the hell DID he actually have a car with so many gadgets??? Did he privately contracted "Q"? I always found it baffling and unbelievable).

No, I think the Mendes-way is more nuanced. Certainly not a Lee Tamahori- or Roger Spottiswoode-esque approach where the chase is nothing more than a "gadget promotion video". I don't expect a gadget-laden car chase like the parking lot chase in TND or that short segment in TWINE where the BMW Z8 gets a chance to use its gadgets.

Perhaps there will be some gadgets, but from what I've seen so far from the Rome car chase, I think the chase will be primarily focused on real driving skills. If there are gadgets, then I expect them to be "mild", and not as straight-in-your face as those from the Brosnan-era.

What we can exclude right now, looking at the map, is that like 50% of the Rome chase will take place underwater, as being some kind of Lotus Esprit Part 2. That rumour that was circulating here was, luckily, plain false :-).
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    These new pics are bloody amazing. Craig looks bloody fantastic. Suit looks great and the car...chicks and dicks love the car.

• RC7RC7
    Tuxedo wrote:

No, I think the Mendes-way is more nuanced. Certainly not a Lee Tamahori- or Roger Spottiswoode-esque approach where the chase is nothing more than a "gadget promotion video". I don't expect a gadget-laden car chase like the parking lot chase in TND or that short segment in TWINE where the BMW Z8 gets a chance to use its gadgets.

Perhaps there will be some gadgets, but from what I've seen so far from the Rome car chase, I think the chase will be primarily focused on real driving skills. If there are gadgets, then I expect them to be "mild", and not as straight-in-your face as those from the Brosnan-era.

What we can exclude right now, looking at the map, is that like 50% of the Rome chase will take place underwater, as being some kind of Lotus Esprit Part 2. That rumour that was circulating here was, luckily, plain false :-).

Would you welcome an ejector seat?
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 3,160

• edited February 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Tuxedo wrote:

It depends how it's being executed. And how it fits the narrative. Look, if the ejector seat is used only at the very very end of the chase in a similar way how Bond escaped the Tiger Helicopter or how that paraski from TWINE survived, then that could be fun I think, and especially a good gadget because it saves a life.

Just, please let's not get into DAD-mode right now. And I am fairly convinced that will not be the case.

By the way, great videos @Zekidk ;-)
  • RC7RC7
    Tuxedo wrote:

It depends how it's being executed. And how it fits the narrative. Look, if the ejector seat is used only at the very very end of the chase in a similar way how Bond escaped the Tiger Helicopter or how that paraski from TWINE survived, then that could be fun I think, and especially a good gadget because it saves a life.

Just, please let's not get into DAD-mode right now. And I am fairly convinced that will not be the case.

Ejector seat is an ejector seat to me. No 'nuance' there, and I reckon it'll get used
    at the end of the chase.
    Tuxedo wrote:

Ejector seat is an ejector seat to me. No 'nuance' there, and I reckon it'll get used
    at the end of the chase.

Then that is, like I said, perfect for me :-).
  • RC7RC7
    Tuxedo wrote:

at the end of the chase.

Then that is, like I said, perfect for me :-).

Interesting. To me this would be straight out of the previous era, but I'm starting to prepare myself for a lot of SP reverting to type. That way it won't surprise me, if and when things do.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    These new pics are bloody amazing. Craig looks bloody fantastic. Suit looks great and the car...chicks and dicks love the car.

Seems, he has no chance against the cars. ;))
  • from the pics I can see that the Colosseum still has some scaffolding. I was there last may (had i known i would have waited and gone this week!) and the scaffolding was there aswell. I guess they will have to film from the good angles to get the Colosseum in without the scaffolding. I Wonder when the restoration will be finished.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 3,160
    There have been reports, that Bond will "parachute from a helicopter" over the Ponte Sisto bridge, which marks the end of the car chase.
    You do the math!
  • RC7RC7
    Zekidk wrote: »
    There have been reports, that Bond will "parachute" from a helicopter over the Ponte Sisto bridge, which marks the end of the car chase.
    You do the math!

Ha ha. This really is going to be Broz territory.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast

at the end of the chase.

That would seem to fit with earlier reports that
    Bond parachutes onto a bridge

• chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
  • Zekidk wrote: »
    There have been reports, that Bond will "parachute from a helicopter" over the Ponte Sisto bridge, which marks the end of the car chase.
    You do the math!

It doesn't mention that the "parachute from a helicopter" marks the end of the car chase. It just says there will be a car chase and a parachute jump.
  • RC7RC7
    You do the math!

It doesn't mention that the "parachute from a helicopter" marks the end of the car chase. It just says there will be a car chase and a parachute jump.

What else would it mark? We've seen where it starts.
    There have been reports, that Bond will "parachute" from a helicopter over the Ponte Sisto bridge, which marks the end of the car chase.
    You do the math!

Ha ha. This really is going to be Broz territory.

Nah, this is the terrirtory where, during the course of several films, we're introduced slowly and with great care to wunderful new gadgets. Not just at the start of CR using an exploding pen.

I like to compare this with the Connery era. First film no gadgets, 2nd film only a small suitcase ("not exactly Christmas ins't it?" ;-)), then in GF more full-throttle with a gadet-laden car.

With the Brosnan-era, they immediately kicked off with exploding pens and, although not exactly a gadget, a big tank chase.

"The road towards gadgets" for the Daniel Craig films have been build up more carefully over a course of four films. Off course one could bring in that Aston Martin DB5, but for me that's still more of a 50th anniversary reference. On the whole, I like the approach in the Craig era.

And even then, I still don't think a possible ejector seat in SPECTRE will on the whole, when watching the entire film, not feel like a "Brosnan artefact".
    And even then, I still don't think a possible ejector seat in SPECTRE will on the whole, when watching the entire film, not feel like a "Brosnan artefact".

Exactly. This movie will be far less gadget laden, than TND, TWINE and DAD.

• RC7RC7
    There didn't need to be 'a road towards gadgets' and I never thought there would be, at least not on this level, if I'm being honest. It disappoints me.