The Bond Movies & Actors I Can't Stand (Negativity Only Please)

Comments

That's not a very memorable fight, to be honest. Do like it more than the godawful, soft and self-parodying Moore fights.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I sort of get the blue collar reference, but that fit at first. I think we will see more polish with Bond in SPECTRE and it did become a bit more evident in Skyfall (though barely there in the script).

I dislike the former (I hope it stays former!!!) policy of at times hiring an actor or actress just because they are super popular or "hot" at the moment, without considering who the best actor/actress would be in a particular role (Teri or Halle come to mind first).
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    doubleohdad is the worst Bond villain. ;)
  • I can't stand the fact that Rog was given at least 7 bond films too many
    edited January 2015 Posts: 12,459
    I think he was writing for Carver's newspaper, too. ;)

Ah, worst villains:

Greene - still just too weak, whiny for me; pscyho too little to make up for his mediocrity

Stromberg - just not enough "oomph" or display of power; was not as chilling as Dr. No

Drax - although he had some good lines, his bland take on this character made him as personable or menacing as a cold fillet of fish

Renard - oh, the pain of watching a really good actor be so forgettable and nonthreatening. He looked merely like he wanted to ask "Would you like a cuppa?" in most scenes; oh, he was a huge disappointment for me
    Murdock wrote: »

I'll take that paycheck any day of the week!
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Lousy retirement though...
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Lousy retirement though...

Right down the smokestack. ;)
    Not if you end up with Scaramanga's island, it's not :)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Craig's fights look slow and weak, the stunt guys make him look fairly effective to the untrained eye, and speeding it all up 10% helps, but he's just a dancer. Plus: his abs are CGI'd in. Beer belly.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited January 2015 Posts: 9,117
    then rolling around like a pastry

See how many more times you can say it - go on please. I'm sure I don't speak for myself in saying it gets funnier every time you repeat it. When are you starting work on the new series's if Mrs Brown's Boys?

Perhaps I could dig up the putrified corpse of Roy Castle and run a current through it so he can present you with the Record Breakers award for 'Most repetitions of an unfunny line in history' you clearly covet so much?

Apart from anything else; when do pastries ever roll around? As simile it's just as shit as it is a gag.
    I'm sure I don't speak for myself in saying it gets funnier every time you repeat it.

By now it's a classic running joke. =D>
    Why thank you :)

THis IS the negativity thread, right?
    I can't stand FRWL. It's boring, Connery is too skinny in it, he wears a Popeye hat in one scene, and the main henchman has no superhuman powers other than being a psycho. Plus: no toys. Gas in a suitcase??? WHERE ARE THE LASERS?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Crap.
    Even WORSE: Gas in a deodorant roll-on!!!!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Why thank you :)

THis IS the negativity thread, right?

Yeah but the idea is to aim it at Bond films not your soul sappingly repetitive posts of lines that weren't funny first time round and by the 237th time I have to read it just make me feel a depressed numbness something akin to Fritzl's daughter when she heard him opening the door.
    @chrisisall, Your taking on a persona that's not for you. You're a Jedi. :P
    @chrisisall, Your taking on a persona that's not for you. You're a Jedi. :P
    For the purposes of this thread, we are all of the Sith, my friend young apprentice.
    Top 3 replacement Moore/OP train rooftop pastry jokes:

1) He rolled around like they were going to wrap him in seaweed!
    2) He rolled around like he was on fire and Moneypenny had a bucket of water!
    3) He rolled around like he was waiting for Barbara Bach to head-butt him with her ginormous forehead!
    Nah. I might not like TMWTGG but I can still have fun. :O)
    You WAAAANT to trash Moore... I can feel your hate! Give in to the troll side & your journey will be complete!
    edited January 2015 Posts: 16,333
    chrisisall wrote: »
    You WAAAANT to trash Moore... I can feel your hate! Give in to the troll side & your journey will be complete!
    I don't like TMWTGG not because of Roger Moore. Him and Christopher Lee are the saving graces of that movie. I don't like TMWTGG because of Mary Goodnight and it's bad humor. Non of which had anything to do with Roger. I love the man. He's a saint. ;)
    I love the man. He's a saint. SAINTHALO.jpg;)
    So be it. Young Jedi.
    *uses Force-Halo*

slideshow_std_h_original_9558739720121112-13711-169kges.jpg?1352743221

I prefer this picture of ol' Rog!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'm sure everyone knows that Roger did not want to dress up in the clown suit
    and had to be persuaded to do it.
    I'm not buying that with a robocop dollar...
    DrGorner wrote: »
    persuaded
    Like Brett Sinclair?

edited January 2015 Posts: 12,459
    What I find amusing (although it has pretty much run its course) is that @chrisisall is spamming his own thread with negativity he does not mean. This has turned into a spamfest.
    edited January 2015 Posts: 17,691
    What I find amusing (although it has pretty much run its course) is that @chrisisall is spamming his own thread with negativity he does not mean. This has turned into a spamfest.
    Fight spam with spam. Until the actual spam production companies get shut down.
    ;)
    For the record, any time a mod wants to lock this thread, I'd be totally okay with it. The point has been made, & the negativity has been vented.
    For now.
    Ummm... unless there's more.... :))
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Rolling around like a pastry. Is this common practice for pastries? I'd change my baker if they roll around.
    Gotta take a swipe at DAF(t) Connery Bond after sending Tiffany to the circus, then to leave so he can meet at their rendezvous at the car rental joint, based on his incomparable charm. What a jackass.