The bad movies you love

What are the bad, I mean bad movies you love? It struck me as there is Bad teacher on tonight and I find it beyond bad, really stupid, with lazy, lame jokes, but I actually enjoy it for whatever sick, twisted reason.

What are yours and why?

Comments

• Funny you say that, I have put Bad Teacher on for 20 mins before Skyfall. It is terrible but I have already chuckled a couple of times. I am tempted to miss Skyfall and watch this instead.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited January 2015 Posts: 7,518
    Crank, just find it extremely enjoyable despite it's ridiculousness. Also, lots of love for Jason Statham!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Super Mario movie with Bob Hoskins, or was it a dream?
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited January 2015 Posts: 5,080
    Jurassic Park 3, and there was a dream in that.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh I probably have a few. The first one I can think of, that most consider bad I think, is Kangaroo Jack. I like Jerry O'Connell and (of course) Christopher Walken. :) And I just find it fun, easy, and amusing.
  • The Human Centipede
    The Human Centipede

You love that film?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Death Wish 3.
    Super Mario Bros: The Movie.
    Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.
  • The Human Centipede

You love that film?
    I love the film, like I love poetry or a good scotch
    Flash Gordon s trip to Mars. (1938) with Buster Crabbe. Not at all a bad film by the standards back then.
    =))

I'll move on...

Rat Race
    I think I know why I love Bat Teacher: it is so anti-PC. Also because I have been in the teaching profession, at university level and then as a teaching assistant (in my darkest, most desperate moments) and I love the nasty take on the profession.
  • Ludovico wrote: »
    I think I know why I love Bat Teacher: it is so anti-PC. Also because I have been in the teaching profession, at university level and then as a teaching assistant (in my darkest, most desperate moments) and I love the nasty take on the profession.
    there is 1 very good reason to love bad teacher.................... Cameron diaz
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 14,799
    I am not a big fan of Cameron Diaz anymore. Nothing against her, I just find her too bony as a beauty and too average as an actress. But I loved her in it, if only because the villain is the main protagonist and because she plays against type.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Don't know if it counts as a bad movie
    but I love The wild,wild west !
    Diamonds are Forever.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 11,189
    Batman and Robin *gulps*

Commando
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Don't know if it counts as a bad movie
    but I love The wild,wild west !

It most definitely counts as a bad movie.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Die Another Day
  • Commando isn't bad, least I don't think it is. It's Arnie at his best. A classic slice of 80s action. "You're a funny guy, I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last". "I eat green berets for breakfast, and right now, I'm very hungry".

I like the Leprachaun films in a so bad they're good kind of way. And there are plenty of movies that have gotten terrible reviews which I have actually enjoyed (a recent example being A Million Ways To Die In The West).

Also, I didn't mind Indiana Jones IV. Was it pointless? Sure. Was it a bad film? Fuck no. It was a lot of fun with plenty of great moments. Yeah there were some dodgy CGI sequences and some but it wasn't terrible at all. In fact it was pretty good. Great in places. There were some really good bits and ideas, and it did interesting things with Indy's character.

In fact I wouldn't even class it as a bad film, just a decent one which got a lot of unfair flack. I dunno when all this talk of it being shit started actually as I seem to remember it getting really good reviews at the time. I think it's just a case of people jumping on the band wagon more than anything. A lot of the criticisms don't even make sense.

*waits for some comedy genius bursting with innovation and originality to come in and say "there was an Indiana Jones IV?" and pretend the film doesn't exist*

Sorry, I went off on a bit of a rant there :P Anyway, bad films. I love Rambo 3 way more than I should do but I don't really consider it bad, because it's so entertaining. My favourite bad film of all time is The Wicker Man remake with Nic Cage. It's so bad that it's unintentionally hilarious. I always have a great time watching that one.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Rush Hour 3. 18% on RT, but I love it, as I do all the Rush Hour movies.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,181
    Kingpin

One other that I forgot to add, Back to School
    Ed83 wrote: »
    Kingpin

One other that I forgot to add, Back to School

I quite enjoyed Kingpin. Another one I love of the Farrelli Brothers and I have no idea if it is good or bad is Shallow Hal. Because Hal reads George Pelecanos.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote: »
    With all due respect, I think that doesn't qualify as a 'bad' movie so much as a severely imperfect one.

My bad movie I love list:
    Damnation Alley (love them killer cockroaches!)
    Batman & Robin (As funny as the TV series)
    Superman III (Chris looked awesome, and fighting himself was classic stuff)
    Godzilla vs. Gigan (Total nonsense, but so much fun)
    Flash Gordon (1980- it has a great actor playing Prince Barin)
    Elektra (Jennifer looked so good in that)
    Way Of The Dragon (for Lee's fights)
    chrisisall wrote: »
    With all due respect, I think that doesn't qualify as a 'bad' movie so much as a severely imperfect one.

Many consider it to be "bad." so that why I included it. I can see why people don't like it but I've found a new love for it. I overlook it's faults and look at the good. Like all movies.

Many consider it to be "bad." so that why I included it. I can see why people don't like it but I've found a new love for it. I overlook it's faults and look at the good. Like all movies.

The starting idea of ST V is borderline brilliant, but the execution, development, production value, what have you is just dreadful. That said, Star Trek made far worse movies afterwards.
    Ludovico wrote: »

The starting idea of ST V is borderline brilliant, but the execution, development, production value, what have you is just dreadful. That said, Star Trek made far worse movies afterwards.

I'll gladly take Star Trek V over Generations and Nemesis. Those are just insulting to my brain.
    Ludovico wrote: »

I'll gladly take Star Trek V over Generations and Nemesis. Those are just insulting to my brain.

So would I, and that says something about them!
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,599
    Under Siege
  • patb wrote: »
    Under Siege
    amen! and Under Seige 2