SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

doubleoego wrote: »
    Now they should fire or at least demote Amy Pascal while they're at it.

Why not chairman & CEO Michael Lynton?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The more the merrier.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Can't wait for the Videoblogs.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Pascal was an advocate of Bond. Or is I should say. Why the push to fire? I mean we all see it coming ...too many damaging emails leaked but why the joy to see her go??
  • StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    edited December 2014 Posts: 108
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Pascal was an advocate of Bond. Or is I should say. Why the push to fire? I mean we all see it coming ...too many damaging emails leaked but why the joy to see her go??
    Advocate or not, Pascal is widely known as one of the meanest and most ruthless executives in the entertainment industry. Most people will be understandably happy to see her "move on."
    I don't think, Pascal should be fired. First of all, she seems good in her job and this whole thing got blown out of proportion. How of us here could say, I never wrote a mean email about someone? Scot Rudin was much meaner and he will get away with it. Pascal should just stand her ground and be done with it. Who knows, who would follow her and hhow good that would be.
    But will they have them? They did them wonderfully for QOS, but that was it. I cannot remember anything of meaning from SF. Just the damn clappers.

• edited December 2014 Posts: 11,119
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Indeed. I'm completely astonished how we Bond fans ask Pascal to step down. Yes, a lot went wrong with their IT security. Too much. And in the end probably Pascal WILL step down. But to ask for a less "mean", less "ruthless" is bullocks. Be happy that Pascal is "ruthless". You have to be in that business. Furthermor the complete lack of anger towards "Guardians Of Peace", the complete lack of any condemnation towards these cyber criminals, astonished me. I just don't understand this attitude. First do that, and then say whatever you want to happen to someone's health inside Sony.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    For the record I'm avoiding the leaks like the plague but I'm mighty confused about what has actually leaked out?

-I understand from the Gawker article and the EON press release over the weekend that two early versions of the script got out. However, these documents are part of a large file dump so have been difficult for people to actually get hold of.

-Secondly, I know that a detailed 10 page shooting schedule has leaked that goes through the film scene by scene.

But is that it? I have no intention of reading any leaks until after I've seen the film but I just want to be sure what people who have read them have actually seen (mainly so I know what topics to avoid discussing with them).
    Try not to create any discussion about the leaks on this thread. We have a thread for that. ;-)
    edited December 2014 Posts: 11,139
    I don't care if Pascal is single handedly financing the Bond movies herself the fact is she effed up big time and given her position she should have been more professional. Had this been anyone of us at our own profession (assuming some of you do actually have jobs)we'd be reprimanded, likely sued and dismissed. The fact that she's a Bond advocate makes no difference at all and is quite hypocritical from some of you actually because had she been bad mouthing Craig or Babs, honestly would you be saying she should keep her job? Say what you will but I think you'd be singing a different tune. This whole leaks business has shown a different, somewhat entertaining but on the whole irrational and hysterical side of some posters here. No one is condoning what guardians of peace have done and I have no idea why @Gustav seems to think otherwise but facts are facts and the fact is, these Sony execs have been overwhelmingly ignorant and stupid. This isn't about compromising one's license to be artistic this is about Sony execs' ineptitude in being foolish enough to try and make money by antagonising an already highly strung unstable nation with worrisome nuclear capabilities all over tge country and telling a story about killing it's leader when the smart thing to do would have been to take a more fictional approach; lacking common sense and good judgement isn't art but alas look at the situation now. Foolishness of the highest order.
  • @marketto007

Yes. I agree. The videoblogs where great last time. Hopefully we will get one soon.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    But will they have them? They did them wonderfully for QOS, but that was it. I cannot remember anything of meaning from SF. Just the damn clappers.

There were some great videoblogs from SF. I am sure you would have remembered them. If not just click on the one from SF that marketto007 has posted and remind yourself. There were more than just the clapperboards for SF.

This isn't about compromising one's license to be artistic this is about Sony execs' ineptitude in being foolish enough to try and make money by antagonising an already highly strung unstable nation with worrisome nuclear capabilities all over tge country and telling a story about killing it's leader when the smart thing to do would have been to take a more fictional approach; lacking common sense and good judgement isn't art but alas look at the situation now. Foolishness of the highest order.
    Good point, @doubleoego.

• If Pascal resigns, it's not because she has done something more or less than others, it's because in Sony you'd better be a male.
    because had she been bad mouthing Craig or Babs, honestly would you be saying she should keep her job?

Several male members of Sony discussed how to twist Barbara Broccoli's arm. I bet they won't be the ones having problems...
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Germanlady wrote: »

Yes my dear, they both had Videoblogs for QOS and SF. Don't you remember? :)

edited December 2014 Posts: 11,139
    If Pascal resigns, it's not because she has done something more or less than others, it's because in Sony you'd better be a male.

Be that as it may her actions have been exposed, making her the perfect candidate to take the fall and that's if any sort of reprimanding takes place. As it is, I'm sure she's fallen out of grace with numerous Hollywood members but what's done is done. Hopefully lessons have been learned.
    Several male members of Sony discussed how to twist Barbara Broccoli's arm. I bet they won't be the ones having problems...

Yeah well discussing how to get their way is one thing and actually succeeding is another matter entirely besides, Babs is a resourceful woman in her own right and can fight her own battles, she's not some stupid, inexperienced girl that'll drop her pants just to get what she wants and to fall in line with the suits...and after SPECTRE, Sony IIRC will be out of the picture.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I do have to say, I love his bathrobe. I wonder where they bought it.

You can get an almost identical one at your local M&S.

Bond should definitely be shopping at M&S more. None of this Italian Brioni or Yank Tom Ford malarkey

:>
    When are we getting the trailer? July?
    When are we getting the trailer? July?
    They are still shooting in June, so probably just a teaser in July (or earlier), with the trailer coming in August.
    Nah, I'd say July for trailer. That's what happened with Skyfall (IMAX trailer with TDKR and at SDCC, online versions early Aug). Teaser with Avengers.
    No, the first teaser trailer will come much earlier than July.
    Teaser will come in April.
    Teaser will come in April.

Yes that wouldn't surprise me at all.
  • With Skyfall, the teaser trailer came out in May.
    With Skyfall, the teaser trailer came out in May.

They'll still likely want to play it in front of Avengers so late April/early May makes sense. Remember Avengers is out late April outside the US.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Nah, I'd say July for trailer. That's what happened with Skyfall
    You could be right, but principal photography for SF ended in May. This time they are still shooting way into June.

• edited December 2014 Posts: 3,164
    It also all depends on the order of the scenes they're filming. If they've done most of the location based shoots by May they have good content to put into the teaser.

The only time I've seen a trailer campaign negatively affected by shooting schedules is Mockingjay Part 1 - as a surprisingly large amount of STUDIO work was done in the last month of shooting in Berlin and Paris (May/June) and MJ1 is mostly a studio based film.
    Actually I wouldn't mind them not showing small clips from every actionscene in the movie, for a change. I don't like trailers that reveal too much.

Most of the Morocco-scenes will be shot in June.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 5
    Hi all, I think this is the right place to post this? Finally got my SPECTRE Thames/Vauxhall Location report finished.

"As you must no doubt be aware there is much excitement in the capital as filming of Bond 24 SPECTRE is continuing in London with the action taking place back on the Thames yesterday, Camden Locke the day before and that evening in Notting Hill.

The Bond team seem to be burning the candle at both ends trying to complete filming in London as quickly as possible before moving on to other locations. Probably in an effort to minimise spoilery leaks in the capital, but at the same time - to give you some insight into how us Londoners feel about having *arguably* Britain's greatest literary and cinematic spy back on home ground, in London read the tweet below from the Camden location.

Read more here: http://www.theestablishingshot.com/2014/12/second-look-bond-24-on-location-as.html
    I have to say, I love all these shots so far.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @Hemingford_Grey Great post