SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

@mnhettia actually the emails that everyone is getting SPECTRE info from ended up leaking AFTER the Dec 4 announcement
    antovolk wrote: »
    @mnhettia actually the emails that everyone is getting SPECTRE info from ended up leaking AFTER the Dec 4 announcement

sorry for not being clear, what i am saying is a leak is a leak, no matter what the source is! it's unethical ... but we lapped it up before, and we will for the forseable future.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I don't see how a huge budget is a concern. EON wants to 'do it for real', on location and not in Pinewood/England or some cheap place? They got both my thumbs up for this.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yes indeed. You must spend money to earn money.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 1,021
    Its a real shame that these leaks about "SPECTRE" have been splashed across most of the media. Hopefully it won't affect the team from producing what sounds like one of the best Bonds ever! I happened to read the report about the "budget" on CNN thinking it was only about the "budget" . However they did give some info away before I could look away!..Kudos to BB for sticking up to the suites in LALALAND.
  • jake24 wrote: »

Spoilers are OK for me, but only if we fans do it via trusted and ethically entrusted sources.....not from sources from criminals.

Yep, I agree whole-heartedly with this.
    Agreed.

So do I.

• Germanlady wrote: »

Looks like there is going to be a vacancy soon at SONY PICTURES.

• mnhettia wrote: »
    first of all what did Mendes say about the budget at the press conference? i watched the videos but did not hear anything about the budget.

secondly, i thought sony would leave EON alone with this one considering their track record. i hope sony doesn't meddle too much considering the shit they produce on their own like Amazin spiderman 2.

thirdly, why would this leak be different that other leaks of information? are we trying to be self-rightious about this? the studio source that leaks information (bond 24 name, chris waltz info, etc info we got before Dec 4th) is the same as this. whoever leaked the information was breaching a confidentiality contact and would be the same thing. what am i missing here?

It was an MGM executive who was raising concern about the budget. Sony was copied in (because Sony is distributing the movie). As a result, when Sony got hacked, all of this came out.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Germanlady wrote: »

Both these idiots should be fired. There was a leak about comments Rudin made about Angelina Jolie yesterday. Quite incendiary.

I don't know how either of them are competitive any more within the industry after their private opinions have been aired like dirty laundry.
  • http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/source-interview-wont-be-released-756447

While not really related to the SPECTRE production timeline but to the SONY leaks (which is I suppose is related to the SPECTRE production). If I was head of SONY I think I would just dump THE INTERVIEW now and be done with it. While that would seem like giving in at this point in time it might be the best thing to do to ensure no more embarrasing emails are leaked.
    the issue is North Korea need to lighten up or someone should of realized maybe we shouldn't make a movie that makes fun of a communist leader whose nation has the 4th best hackers.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    To be fair, if Another country made a movie about murdering president Obama how would that go down?
    So the whole hacking story is a viral marketing gag for that Rogen-Franco film?
    Yes, audiences will wanna see what all the fuss was all about. It will more then double its normal BO, I predict.
  • 0101000101010001 Classified
    I disagree with the plot for The Interview - they should have kept it more fictional.
    Dunno if you guys saw but on IMDB the guy who first posted that HvH was on board before announcement confirmed that they're shooting on 35mm anamorphic (YES) but no IMAX cameras. Guess that's due to budget concerns given Gelfond's comments earlier in the year.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I think the obvious thing to do is not to read these alleged leaks. I have not and therefore I look forward to Spectre immensely. It is no use complaining to others if you decided to read them and have inadvertently ruined a part of the new film for yourselves.

Fully agreed, which is why I have not and will not read them, regardless of their veracity. But already within the past day I've been finding bits and details I didn't know and don't necessarily want to know popping up in various threads. I don't know if all of these have come from the leaks or from other news sources I just haven't seen yet. There's no way I'm leaving the board for the next year, so I guess I'll just live with it and in the meantime simply ask those with knowledge of SPECTRE details to use spoiler tags judiciously.

Absolutely! I trust that the Mods are fully aware that's how quite alot of us on here feel about this.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I'm a little lost with the threads, so sorry if this wasn't to be here...

Camden, London and the Tiber. Could it be...?

B4msvMpCIAILGbi.jpg
    B4msvIDCcAAJhD4.jpg

Thanks to @Spitzberg in twitter
    /\ Their is some similarities there to be fair?
    mnhettia wrote: »
    first of all what did Mendes say about the budget at the press conference?
    Mendes said "where budgets go to die" in reference to the O07 soundstage they were standing on.......he and Babs.
    Said it as much for her amusement I think, as well as a shoutout to those trying to reign in the budget.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    ggl007 wrote: »

B4msvMpCIAILGbi.jpg
    B4msvIDCcAAJhD4.jpg

Totally, or maybe Q showing to Bond for the first time the new skills of his Aston. ;)
    timmer wrote: »
    mnhettia wrote: »
    first of all what did Mendes say about the budget at the press conference?
    Mendes said "where budgets go to die" in reference to the O07 soundstage they were standing on.......he and Babs.
    Said it as much for her amusement I think, as well as a shoutout to those trying to reign in the budget.
    Ok, thanks must have missed it!

• edited December 2014 Posts: 5,745
    ggl007 wrote: »

B4msvMpCIAILGbi.jpg
    B4msvIDCcAAJhD4.jpg

Totally, or maybe Q showing to Bond for the first time the new skills of his Aston. ;)

You read my article! It's all speculation, but there is some merit to it.
    http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/there-is-something-fishy-going-on-with-james-bonds-ne-1667776595
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 212
    Tirol Tourist Board Press Release: SPECTRE to be filmed in the Austrian Tirol:

http://t.co/WtqWiFevPl

A dream coming true for me.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Ludovico wrote: »

For me too @Ludovico. I mean.....
    --> http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5596/spectre-bringing-skiing-to-new-levels-in-austria-julian-carr-halvor-angvik#latest
    --> http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4746/spectre-top-5-elements-spectre-must-have-to-tackle-all-criticism-that-surrounded-skyfall#latest
    A dream coming true for me.

Sadly the hackers seriously compromised my happiness. But apart from that I still feel a little geeky kid at times :-). Can't wait to see SPECTRE! Let the mayhem begin 8-X ! I'm already a SPECTRE-fan hehe.

One last thing regarding the SonyLeaks scandal. And this is NOT really a spoiler, but a financial/casting decision. I never agreed on Chiwetel Ejiofor playing a full-blown villain. But apparently, he was really EON's choice to play the role that Andrew Scott will now be playing. It saddens me that in the end they "dumped" Ejifor, because he was too expensive for MGM/Sony, whereas EON, Barbara and Michael really wanted him. And this is also not nice news for Andrew Scott, because now it seems he has been cast for the role because he was "cheaper".

The already great stellar cast could have been greater with Ejifor. But here you can see the damage of the SonyLeaks. No one really benefits from it. It creates doubt, bad moods, it damages relationships, and the happiness that usually surrounds the production of a Bond film goes away like that.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,459
    Actor from Iron Man whas also replaced for sequels by another actor because actor demend more money. But atleast he whas replaced by more fames actor.

If you ask me i replaced Waltz and ask Ejifor, if true of course.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    One last thing regarding the SonyLeaks scandal. And this is NOT really a spoiler, but a financial/casting decision. I never agreed on Chiwetel Ejiofor playing a full-blown villain. But apparently, he was really EON's choice to play the role that Andrew Scott will now be playing. It saddens me that in the end they "dumped" Ejifor, because he was too expensive for MGM/Sony, whereas EON, Barbara and Michael really wanted him. And this is also not nice news for Andrew Scott, because now it seems he has been cast for the role because he was "cheaper".

This is the original CNN article that mentions Scott being cheaper than Ejiofor: http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/10/technology/security/bond-movie-budget/

NOWHERE in the article is it stated that the reason for them casting Scott is that he is cheaper than Ejiofor. All the article says is that Scott happens to be cheaper than Ejiofor. You might want to be more careful next time before spreading half-truths... According to the article this is how things went down:

1. they want Ejiofor
    2. they can not get Ejiofor for reasons unknown to us or they simply don't want him anymore
    3. Mendes wants Scott
    4. an MGM executive says: no problemo, Scott is even cheaper than Ejiofor!
  • 0101000101010001 Classified
    Disregarding the leaks - leaks are leaks and I would treat them as such. Who says they haven't made them up (would be a brilliant stunt, make everyone believe things about the new film and do something else) - perhaps Scott was just better for the part. I, personally, find it hard to believe they casted Scott as a replacement for Ejiofor, because.. well, they are nothing alike. It seems highly unlikely to me, but that's just my honest opinion.