SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• chipsticks wrote: »
    Anyway, here is Waltz’s answer when I told him that people don’t believe he’s just playing a character named Franz Oberhauser.

No, That’s a fact. I can guarantee.

Has he heard the rumors?

Yeah, yeah. I have. The character is called Franz Oberhauser. F-R-A-N-Z, Oberhauser, and I don’t need to spell that.

http://screencrush.com/christoph-waltz-bond-villain-spectre-interview/

Excellent. Thanks for that article, @chipsticks. Apparently, Naomie Harris also reports she will NOT be playing Moneypenny in SPECTRE. ;)

Kidding aside, I actually do believe Waltz will not be playing Blofeld. My own guess is that Waltz will be playing a major ally in the vein of Ali Kerim Bey or Marc Ange Draco. His Franz Oberhauser very well could be the son of the Fleming-imagined Hans Oberhauser, who mentored Bond in his younger days, come to help Bond out in his mission in the Austrian Alps. That's what I'm calling, and no, I don't think Waltz—or anyone for that matter—is too "big" of an actor to play one of James Bond's allies. In fact, they could always keep him alive and have him return in Bond 25 á la Zukovsky.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    If Waltz is playing a major ally then who is the villain? Watch the press announcement, Mendes even mentions that Waltz is the most important character in the movie (outside of Bond of course).
  • Monica Bellucci? Mr. White? Someone they're keeping under wraps?

Bill Tanner? ;)
    doubleoego wrote: »
    If Waltz is playing a major ally then who is the villain? Watch the press announcement, Mendes even mentions that Waltz is the most important character in the movie (outside of Bond of course).

One of the reason why he is the most likely to play the villain. If not him, then who else? And who would have the presence to be menacing towards Craig, Fiennes and Waltz?
    edited December 2014 Posts: 11,139
    I'd actually be ok with Bellucci turning out to be big bad B, just so long as she's diabolically ruthless and Bond gets to bang her in every sense of the word. I don't want any of this Electra King nonsense, I'd want her to be extremely chilling.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    I'd actually be ok with Bellucci turning out to be big bad B, just so long as she's diabolically ruthless and Bond gets to bang her in every sense of the word. I don't want any of this Electro King nonsense, I'd want her to be extremely chilling.

I want Fatima Blush redux. Monica kind of has that look going too. Fatima was awesome.....crazy awesome. I think Famke Jansen cribbed from Barbara Carrerra's crazy portrayal when imagining Zenya Onatopp.

I'd actually be ok with Bellucci turning out to be big bad B, just so long as she's diabolically ruthless and Bond gets to bang her in every sense of the word. I don't want any of this Electra King nonsense, I'd want her to be extremely chilling.

It is possible, but even if she is a badgal, it is unlikely that she is the big baddie. I may be wrong of course, but my money is still on Waltz.
    I just want a bloody excellent movie that says James Bond will return at the end.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 5,767
    Ludovico wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Why should they introduce Blofeld as soon as they introduce SPECTRE? In Connery´s days, they waited till the 5th film, so wouldn´t it be a bit stuffed if it all came at once now?

Fleming introduced both at the same time.
    Oh yes, and how skillfully he did that: First he describes every feature and tidbit about Blofeld in nauseating detail, then for the rest of the novel he practically doesn´t play a role at all. Which in fact would answer @doubleoego ´s question
    In the TB novel and film Blofeld stays in the shadows, leaving his N°2 the spotlight.

Yes and Blofeld was never an ally to Bond. With the casting line up from the press announcement if Waltz is a good guy the only possible obvious villain would be Bellucci and I bet my bottom dollar it's not going to exactly play out like that. Waltz is the villain as Mendes alluded to at the announcement.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 3,169
    An austrian onlooker caught these:
    3,c=0,h=554.bild.jpg
    3,c=0,h=554.bild.jpg
    "They are filming on the Tiefenbach glacier. "On the first day they flew a plane in the Rettenbachgletscher over our heads again and again."
    http://www.bild.de/news/leserreporter/leserreporter/hier-wird-der-neue-james-bond-gedreht-38949064.bild.html

The camera on top of the plane suggest they are in the proces of doing establishing shots there. But the two planes shown are not the same?!? The second one is the one featured that will make a crash landing, perhaps?
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Why should they introduce Blofeld as soon as they introduce SPECTRE? In Connery´s days, they waited till the 5th film, so wouldn´t it be a bit stuffed if it all came at once now?

Fleming introduced both at the same time.
    Oh yes, and how skillfully he did that: First he describes every feature and tidbit about Blofeld in nauseating detail, then for the rest of the novel he practically doesn´t play a role at all.

I don't know if your comment about skillful was meant to be sarcastic, I absolutely love Blofeld's introduction in TB. His absence, like Sauron's or Moriarty in the respective works where they are featured, gives him an extra aura of menace.

If he does play Blofeld, the challenge will be to make him more present that he was before when introduced, and just as menacing.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Bernie99 wrote: »

This is crazy! This is not just giving away some film spoilers, this is affecting people's lives in a terrible way.
    Sandy wrote: »
    Bernie99 wrote: »

This is crazy! This is not just giving away some film spoilers, this is affecting people's lives in a terrible way.

North Korea has truly attacked freedom.
    I think Sony should have known better to not antagonise North Korea like this. They dare not do it to China and now look at this colossal fall out. All this because of 2 sodding stoners.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11,119
    I think Sony should have known better to not antagonise North Korea like this. They dare not do it to China and now look at this colossal fall out. All this because of 2 sodding stoners.

You are kidding no? Are we really bowing for these Chinese and North-Korean criminals who don't have the slightest idea about humour ("The Interview")?

Western movie producers make movies from a western enlightened perspective, in which free speech combined with humour have the possibility to be important elements.

This is NOT Sony's mistake. This is foremost a criminal act from that terrorist group of hackers, ridiculously calling themselves "Guardians Of Peace". This hack, which basically is causing "forced censorship", should not be tolerated AT ALL.

What's next? That a possible Chinese SPECTRE-operative in the next Bond film, who's in the film completely psychotic, needs to be deleted from the film, because if not it can't premiere in China?? Really guys, ask yourself what this hack is all about. And then you will agree: Hunt these criminal basterds down.

Not just to solve these SonyLeaks. But also for the future of free, uncensored moviemaking.

By the way: WHEN is that stupid gollum called Kim-Yung Un -or whatever his name is- being kidnapped and emprisoned? This dangerous teenager enjoyed expensive private education in Switzerland no? Same with Putin's daughters, who went to expensive schools in The Netherlands.

edited December 2014 Posts: 11,139
    I'm not saying anyone should bow to anyone, however, the facts speak for themselves, China would never be portrayed the way North Korea has been and with all the jokes that Hollywood make about Christianity/Jesus you think Hollywood would get away with doing the same about Islam and Muhammed?

Free speech is free speech but with it there should be a degree of responsibility and judiciousness. You @Gustav of all people should know this as it was you who scurried off and fled from this site because you felt offended by what people were saying to you.

I'm obviously not advocating the leaks and the hacking and I do believe it's an extreme reaction to this Rogan/Franco movie but I can't say that I'm surprised either. The whole thing is one big unfortunate mess.
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    I'm not saying anyone should bow to anyone, however, the facts speak for themselves, China would never be portrayed the way North Korea has been and with all the jokes that Hollywood make about Christianity/Jesus you think Hollywood would get away with doing the same about Islam and Muhammed?

Free speech is free speech but with it there should be a degree of responsibility and judiciousness. You @Gustav of all people should know this as it was you who scurried off and fled from this site because you felt offended by what people were saying to you.

I'm obviously not advocating the leaks and the hacking and I do believe it's an extreme reaction to this Rogan/Franco movie but I can't say that I'm surprised either. The whole thing is one big unfortunate mess.

Well, I think it's not worth comparing this criminal act -for me this is not just an unfortunate mess- with my short absence really. Yes, perhaps North Korea feels offended. But North-Korea is not just one private forummember @Doubleoego, it's a country. And in that country millions of people are being oppressed and killed without any form of process. China has become slightly more "enlightened" through the years, but even then it's still in essence a powerful dictatorship.

And I think that humour is a perfect way to criticize acts from these countries. Moreover, if you think a movie like "The Interview" is using humour in an unresponsible way, than you're basically saying we should stop productions like "Bruno", "Team America", "Borat", "South Park" and many others. I say no to that. Humour sometimes NEEDS to be a bit careless, a bit black. It keeps our democracies sharp.

The same goes for politically relevant films, which recent Bond films have been.

You need to read my post more carefully.
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    You need to read my post more carefully.

I did @Doubleoego :-). If you read my post, I basically commenting on all your arguments. I.....just don't fully agree with them. That's all really. I think it is important to look back at our role in all this. But so far I really think we need to react more fiercefully to these..."Guardians Of Peace"...
    I dont think you did. In fact I know you haven't. You've just commented a response to my post, stating your views but it's not an issue with wasting time on. The fact is Sony are in trouble, they should have been more careful and quite frankly I couldn't care less about Sony; they've pissed me off for far too long and my only concern is Bond. As long as filming isn't affected on SPECTRE I'm peachy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    SONY is probably much more powerful than North Korea. Not militarily of course, but with big money comes big friends.
    I don't think so. Look what a minority group have managed to do. Sony is in shambles and there's a great deal of internal turmoil. Sony are like the lepers of Hollywood right now and this isn't even counting their already troublesome financial woes.
    The real question is who was behind it? I am not sold on the N Korea hypothesis. Where is the proof?
    Reports are saying that code and all that computer voodoo which caused the attacks were in Korean.
    All right. If that is the case. At least they dont kill people over it, as far as we know.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    @Gustav_Graves Yes, the North Korean leadership is evil but nobody should be surprised about the fact that they are not happy about a movie which ends with the assassination of their leader. How would Americans react if someone in a foreign country made a movie that ridiculed the USA and ended with the assassination of Barack?
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Have you guys seen the recent temper tantrums of the moderators of debrief.commanderbond? The moderators there are in full panic mode because members posted links to the Gawker article. I guess they have no idea that it's not possible to get into trouble by posting links to articles (unless they are complete morons) and I also believe they have terrible lawyers.

One genius wrote: "In addition to the DAD script affair Bryce relayed above, we got a shot across the bow in 2006 just for having a link to a site (Latino Review, IIRC) that reported details from the leaked Norensberg CR script. It's as simple as that: it's our heads on the block."

This is completely ridiculous. If those moderators are this dumb, it's no wonder that whole place is a mess.