SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    jake24 wrote: »
    But I don't remember it was broken at M's underground office.

I think after the terrorist attack on Vauxhall Cross, it really was battered and bruised.
    I guess this answers the question...
    Royal_Doulton_figurine_(Skyfall).png

I noticed. I stand corrected. Thanks.
  • 00Ralf00Ralf Germany
    The first teaser from set really makes me think the theory about M leaving Bond a message in the bulldog is right.

But what could it be? Something about Vesper, Quantum, Mr. White, SPECTRE? I really hope it's not about Vesper - the final scene of QoS really closed her character's story to me. It really felt like the end of the love story.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Well, one picture that shows the clapperboard doesn't suffice it for me. Give us a few shots of the scene! Lol! Really. :D
    I just read an interesting article about The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and how Sony didn't want director Marc Webb's input. http://tinyurl.com/ndg9duu A question to @ColonelSun and other people in the know: how much say does Sony have in the production of Bond movies? Can EON do whatever they want or do they need the approval of Sony when it comes to certain decisions?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I just read an interesting article about The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and how Sony didn't want director Marc Webb's input. http://tinyurl.com/ndg9duu A question to @ColonelSun and other people in the know: how much say does Sony have in the production of Bond movies? Can EON do whatever they want or do they need the approval of Sony when it comes to certain decisions?

As far as I know Sony only distribute Bond films. I don't think they have much input, aside from product placement.
    By the way, has anyone ever seen this website before? https://www.eondanjaq.com @-)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Wow, she's not so pretty....
    There you see,what make up can do.

I sincerely hope that was a joke, but I'm not getting my hopes high.
  • By the way, has anyone ever seen this website before? https://www.eondanjaq.com @-)

Please @PanchitoPistoles. You know about the computer hack at Sony no? Has been big news the past two weeks. Now don't let "Silva" hack this as well /:)
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    By the way, has anyone ever seen this website before? https://www.eondanjaq.com @-)

Please @PanchitoPistoles. You know about the computer hack at Sony no? Has been big news the past two weeks. Now don't let "Silva" hack this as well /:)

Don't worry, EON hasn't realeased any movie featuring North Korea for over 10 years. ;)
  • Sandy wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Wow, she's not so pretty....
    There you see,what make up can do.

I sincerely hope that was a joke, but I'm not getting my hopes high.

???
    Here he is, shaking his head!
    As much as i enjoyed the amount of clapperboards they did last time around for Skyfall? I hope they don't do too many this time just to keep an air of mystery around this one? Especially considering how the title of the film gives the overall story away.
    Mallory wrote: »

As far as I know Sony only distribute Bond films. I don't think they have much input, aside from product placement.

As said above, Sony only distributes the films (and their deal expires after this film if my memory serves me?). Also Sony knows that EON runs the films. They're input in the Spiderman films are seen everywhere. And that hasn't gone well at all
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Nothing new but a nice recap of events leading up to the start of filming.

http://screenrant.com/spectre-jame-bond-movie-2015-plot-theme-song/

Eon have v strong creative control, supported by MGM, but they will still need to run everything by Sony too. However, unlike Spider-Man, which Sony r clearly messing up big time, Sony do not have the same powers over Eon and MGM. Bond remains in safe hands as long as Eon maintain this level of control; which is why they fight tooth and nail to protect their franchise from those who would screw it up big time.
  • ColonelSun wrote: »

Eon have v strong creative control, supported by MGM, but they will still need to run everything by Sony too. However, unlike Spider-Man, which Sony r clearly messing up big time, Sony do not have the same powers over Eon and MGM. Bond remains in safe hands as long as Eon maintain this level of control; which is why they fight tooth and nail to protect their franchise from those who would screw it up big time.

Regarding Spiderman: That's not exactly true. "The Amazing Spiderman 2" got pretty good reviews. Not amazing reviews, but still good. Moreover, it did good things at the box office for Sony. Banking $709 Million, which is really not far off from the other Marvel films from 2014:
    "Guardians of the Galaxy", 772 Million;
    "X-Men: Days of Future Past", 746 Million;
    "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", 714 Million.

But obviously, for Sony, Bond for them is what Marvel & Star Wars right now is for Buena Vista. Sony/Columbia won't interfere too much in the creative process, but the business side, the promotional/marketing part of the Bond franchise, that's a different story. Obviously Sony has a saying in that.

In all honesty, I think we Bond fans should be a bit more supportive of the Sony/Columbia & MGM-combo. They are vital to the continuation of the Bond franchise. Without them, EON Productions can not even make and distribute the entire film. Or do we want another delay like the one after "Quantum Of Solace"?
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    I think its Mr Monneypennys desk, Dam Judi's M left the Dalton Dog to Bond, dont see him giving it to Mallory. More likely he has intrusted Moneypenny with it as she is the one who passed him it at the end of Skyfall and the Clip board is from the opening shoot of the movie, we know from the press release the first scenes being filmed where between Bond and Moneypenny in the office. Rumour also has it there is a hat and hat stand also involved. ;0)
    Amazing Spider-Man 2 made less than the first one, and far less than the Raimi films. It's seen as under performing and a creative failure with the fan base, hence the planned 3rd film being halted and re-thought.

But the Sony and Eon relationship seems far more positive.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I hope it's a coat stand. I don't ever want to see Bond in this day and age wearing a hat unless it's a naval hat.
  • slyfox wrote: »
    Great to see this clapperboard pic! The question is will this be in Bond's apartment or Bond's office? Likely to be one of them.

There's been a trend with the last three movies showing M's apartment. I think it's time we saw Bond's. I've heard Mendes is sentimental to LALD too, where we last saw Bond's pad.

I was thinking/hoping the same thing. I wonder what his 'interior decorating tips' amount to when it comes to his apartment.
  • slyfox wrote: »
    Great to see this clapperboard pic! The question is will this be in Bond's apartment or Bond's office? Likely to be one of them.

I think this is M's office.

Why would Bond give the late M's present to the new M?
  • Surely the best Bond theme never used - http://www.ledzeppelin.com/video/kashmir-celebration-day
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    kieronf wrote: »
    Surely the best Bond theme never used - http://www.ledzeppelin.com/video/kashmir-celebration-day
    kieronf wrote: »
    Surely the best Bond theme never used - http://www.ledzeppelin.com/video/kashmir-celebration-day

Agreed, the Chord structure it totally Bond.

slyfox wrote: »

I think this is M's office.

Why would Bond give the late M's present to the new M?

Bond's office?
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Amazing Spider-Man 2 made less than the first one, and far less than the Raimi films. It's seen as under performing and a creative failure with the fan base, hence the planned 3rd film being halted and re-thought.

But the Sony and Eon relationship seems far more positive.

Off topic, but why am I not surprised about Spider-Man 2?
  • RC7RC7
    By the way. Where is @RC7? I kinda liked his critical approach towards the Bond films. I do not always agree with him, but that's not bad I think. Thanks to him I have re-assessed "Skyfall" slightly. And, like @RC7, I think a more detective-esque, complex, but believable plot is what we can actually expect for "SPECTRE".

I've been in the highlands of Scotland since Dec 3 (I got married on the 6th) so I've been without reception and internet. I managed to watch the press conference, but I've pretty much been out of action. Just working my way through the enormous amount of posts on here! My current sentiments regards Spectre - optimistic and excited. Highlights, the Scott casting and I'm intrigued and impressed Mendes agreed to have Christensen return.
  • RC7 wrote: »
    By the way. Where is @RC7? I kinda liked his critical approach towards the Bond films. I do not always agree with him, but that's not bad I think. Thanks to him I have re-assessed "Skyfall" slightly. And, like @RC7, I think a more detective-esque, complex, but believable plot is what we can actually expect for "SPECTRE".

I've been in the highlands of Scotland since Dec 3 (I got married on the 6th) so I've been without reception and internet. I managed to watch the press conference, but I've pretty much been out of action. Just working my way through the enormous amount of posts on here! My current sentiments regards Spectre - optimistic and excited. Highlights, the Scott casting and I'm intrigued and impressed Mendes agreed to have Christensen return.

Congratulations @RC7 ;-). Make a nice picture of you and your wife in front of the Moonraker-poster ;-).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Bond's office or his home: either way, I'll be happy.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @RC7 congratulations! I wish all the happiness to you and your wife!
    On seeing that 1st clapperboard? I did have a wry smile seeing "Jack" on the desk! :D
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    HASEROT wrote: »
    HASEROT wrote: »
    Well just like Tosca tales of espionage simply aren't for everyone. If you have to extra analyse a movie to notice these kind of things you might better stick to Transformers (just to make it easier for you - the cars are robots. Hope that helps.)

you're crude attempt at sarcasm is rather juvenile....got nothing else, so now you resort to insulting my intelligence?

Expressing notions like some people "must be the saddest, most anal, and most boring persons" when they notice these things, you don't need me to insult your intelligence. You are obviously capable of doing this very much on your own.

Right. I'm done. As in done with these boards for a while. You're disgusting. I don't care who you are - or rather who you THINK you are - you do not talk to people that way.

Did you even notice the quotation marks? The insulting lines in this post weren't even mine!

please... you've done it plenty enough to others in your time here..

So why don't you - or anybody else for that matter - point out just once, when I used these kind of words. I have been called stupid, an idiot,imbecile and suffering from sexual hangups on this forum. Sensitive Shakennotstirred has called me a village idiot and then some. I never even felt the need to refer to these kind of words. Also how about showing just -again,only once- when my so called negativity has proven so and not just plain and and cold logic. You don't have to like my reasoning, but no one here has ever faulted my logic. If you can do so, do! But otherwise just keep your notions about me for yourself and accept them as opinions.

Well, I was going to let this go ... as I have with so many of your posts for so long. But I did want to comment for once very clearly about your attitude on this forum. I won't be following this up and argue with you or anyone, but I need to say this; it is overdue from me. You really cannot help yourself can you, @Matt_Helm? I don't expect you to ever change, but I simply want to be quite clear with you regarding your attitude as a member.

Here is some unvarnished truth: You are too often rude, nearly constantly antagonistic, have been downright vulgar, insulting, and also just a whiny broken record. For a very long time. Same thing, same thing, same thing. "Show you just once ... " blah blah blah. Your logic is definitely your own and defies any probability of having many (a few? any at all?) members understand it.

I sent you a PM many months ago letting you know clearly one particular remark that was vulgar and you were over the line. Did you ever reply? No. Stop begging people to give you examples re your logic or your rudeness or anything. Others besides me have already given you examples. Go read old posts again. If you truly do not see how sour and even demeaning at times, let alone rude, you come across in your writing, then please ask a personal friend (you do have one, I assume, somewhere in the world) to read your posts and give you their honest opinion. We are under no obligation to give you any more of our time. We're just not.

Having a differing opinion is one thing, even a negative one, but you often - far more than you apparently realize - cross the line of decency or even minimum participatory attitude as a forum member that would enable others to enjoy engaging with you in discussion. Discussion and debate is healthy - if we all thought the exact same way, it would be boring and stifling. However how we chat and disagree can have varying tones. And when your attitude spills over into more than one thread, antagonizing and insulting others as a constant refrain , it exerts a downward pull to our forum. Let me be clear. More than just a "wet blanket" to use one idiom that does not at all adequately describe what you do here, it actually is more akin to you pissing all over our threads. Yes. I think that more aptly describes what you bring.

Once in a long while, you will post normal conversational posts. It is nice when that happens. Is that possible for you to stay within that kind of attitude, even when debating? I doubt it due to your track record. The rest of the bludgeoning, negative and downright insulting attitude overwhelms the minimum times that your communication is nonantagonistic and actually conducive to good discussion.

So, to quote a good friend of mine (yes, SirHenryLeeChaChing), Don't let the door hit you in the ass as you carry your big ball of "superiority" out.

As Bond said in Skyfall: "Done."