The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

Pajan005 wrote: »
    He does look more youthful this time around.

bond-24-titled-spectre-christoph-waltz-lea-seydoux-monica-bellucci-14.jpg

bond-24-titled-spectre-christoph-waltz-lea-seydoux-monica-bellucci-16.jpg

Anyone noticed he has a habit of having his left hand in the pocket. He did that a few times in SF.

As always Dan is certainly looking the business!!!
    Pajan005 wrote: »
    He does look more youthful this time around.

bond-24-titled-spectre-christoph-waltz-lea-seydoux-monica-bellucci-14.jpg

bond-24-titled-spectre-christoph-waltz-lea-seydoux-monica-bellucci-16.jpg

Anyone noticed he has a habit of having his left hand in the pocket. He did that a few times in SF.

As always Dan is certainly looking the business!!!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited December 2014 Posts: 7,999
    This is Bond in his prime. I've always contended that his appearance, and lack of physical conditioning, was more a matter of the disillusionment rather than age. You can attribute that to that being shot, falling a quarter mile from a train trestle ;) then, some amount of time away from the game indulging in drink and (pain) drugs, all of which was from your maternal figure telling someone to "take the bloody shot".
    Mendes praised Craig for being willing not to look his best; it suited the material. Now Bond is rested, fit, focused and ready to get to take care of business.

Craigs_zps65442877.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dan indeed looks perfect. In fact, he feels back to his CR/QoS days, especially in youthfulness. The hair is key; don't touch a bit of it, Mendes! ;)
  • O6GO6G
    Wonder if his hairline will be a problem by the time his contract is up.
    No, because its been that way for a long time.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    Even if I don't believe it, it does appear that Craig may have had some work done around the eyes. They are noticeably younger looking.

RE: his intentionally looking aged for SF, that's true. I think that he looked noticeably younger at the end of SF when in M's office. I think they did that purposefully, and they are carrying it forward into SPECTRE.

RE: his more relaxed look, clothing and demeanour at SPECTRE's reveal vs. SF: I think that is to indirectly signal to us that this is the Bond we know and love. Finally. It's been a long time coming folks.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,554
    1. DC has likely had some work done. His forehead and eyes most definitely look look more youthful. I saw him in person last year, and he looked quite old and tired. (This is not a criticism)

daniel_craig.png.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.png

2. Germanlady is correct. His hairline really hasn't changed all that much over the past decade. His hairstyles either accentuate or conceal his hairline.

3. I'd say his hair has probably been colored, too, to conceal gray--another thing I noticed when I saw him.

Regardless, he looks great, fit, and ready to go.
    Work done? I don't think so. A great makeup person? absolutely
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 6,601
    He has no work done. Its just the result of being rested and very importantly having a good weight. He needs to keep that up during filming. Above pic is something he would look like after a heavy night out. They need to see, that he isnt exhausting himself too much with the action.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    No work done, the wrinkles are still there and everything in his face is moving the usual way. It all comes down to:
    1. Better hair cut (it changes a person, believe me).
    2. A little more meat over the bones.
    3. He's a bit more tanned than usual, that will instantly make him look younger. If you are sallow everthing comes through, as in the pic above.
    4. Good makeup.
    5. Good rest and probably a steady, healthy diet at the moment :-bd
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, the weight is just healthier all around, he looks relaxed, and the hair is GREAT. :)

Hoping for a fantastically good fitting suit this time.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    There are also other factors, he is married, anyone who is will tell you a good woman will make sure you eat right, drink less and you can steal their beauty cream and tips ;)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    He was already married during SF, but he was supposed to look bad then.
    If he would have some work done around his eyes, they surely would have done somthing about the right eyelid. It's just "hanging" down like it did in the past LOL
    Hair is dyed, that's for sure other than that....rest and some meat on the bone will do that to someone who looks older than his years when haggard
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    He looks good, fit and healthy, as others have said. He's over his troubles
    Shown in SF, Bond's back and he's gonna be kicking some SPECTRE ass ! :D
    Sandy wrote: »
    No work done, the wrinkles are still there and everything in his face is moving the usual way. It all comes down to:
    1. Better hair cut (it changes a person, believe me).
    2. A little more meat over the bones.
    3. He's a bit more tanned than usual, that will instantly make him look younger. If you are sallow everthing comes through, as in the pic above.
    4. Good makeup.
    5. Good rest and probably a steady, healthy diet at the moment :-bd

This says it all; I agree 100%

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I don't think he's had any sort of surgical augmentation/enhancements. He's in a good place and has had time to rest, live well and train to be fit in preparation for the role.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I think he had to look haggard for SF, so he did. He has to look
    Fit for SPECTRE, so he does. ;)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Precisely.
    Get a good nights sleep DC! The fun starts tomorrow!!!!! \:D/
    Natural blonde hair does get lighter in the summer, darker in the winter. I am not at all sure he has had any hair dye; I defer to Germanlady on that. Great hair, no matter. Any darker would not look right for this Bond.
    My fulltime profession is Firefighter; but for 27 years, on my days off from that profession, I am a hairsylist; yes it's an odd combination. Dan's hair has been colored for all of his Bond films, including SPECTRE . No big deal. For anyone who thinks it should be dyed black to match Flemmings description, that would be a disaster and look terrible.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2014 Posts: 28,694
    talos7 wrote: »
    My fulltime profession is Firefighter; but for 27 years, on my days off from that profession, I am a hairsylist; yes it's an odd combination. Dan's hair has been colored for all of his Bond films, including SPECTRE . No big deal. For anyone who thinks it should be dyed black to match Flemmings description, that would be a disaster and look terrible.

I agree, @talos.

CraigInfamousDarkHair.jpg

Plus, I've just gotten so used to Dan's hair from the very start that anything else would feel weird. His hair color never bothered me a bit, either, though it seemed to have broken the internet back when he was announced as the new Bond.
    OK, as long as it is not ever made any darker while he is Bond; I really would not like that. I could not remember how blonde (dark blonde I think) he is naturally. Thanks, @talos7.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    He's kind of got a Connery look there, with the black hair.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Oh now I see the picture. Yeah, I don't like that.
  • Ok I have to say it. I thought about Tintin when he arrived on the stage :)
    I don't know Tintin - do you mean because of his outfit?
    It will take someone smarter than me to figure this out, but there is a photo circulating now appearing in various Spectre articles in the press that appears to be photoshopped. It shows Craig with 3 chins and is very unflattering. Given the 1000s of photos taken that day that clearly show the photo at the very least a false representation of how Craig really looks, why in the world is it getting used in other press outlets. It seems to have been produced by The Daily Mail which Craig sued a while back and has had a knife out for him ever since. But the editors that are using the picture elsewhere must have seen the tons of the other press event pictures of Craig that put the lie to the picture. Is there some kind of Bond/Craig envy going on that makes them whan to belittle Bond/Craig even when they know the photo is a fake. It's a nasty bit of press business.