SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »
    leas_mole wrote: »
    this made me laugh :)
    319443.jpg
    Now, that's a picture. They all look great there.
    This will be a Bond movie we can ALL praise, I'm sure of it.

Sadly there will never be a Bond film that everyone will praise. Very tough to please everyone. I'm ecstatic about all of the news though!

I wouldn't say that, @bondbat007. After all, Matt_Helm can't live forever. >:)

Forever Is Not Enough
    Lol at that Jack Nicholson pic =)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Risico007 wrote: »
    ok why is everyone assuming the PTS will kill off Quantum?

What if Spectre is a Branch of Quantum?

Nobody is assuming, just speculating, is all.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    45487-Jack-nicholson-shaking-head-gi-h6Lj.gif
    tumblr_n5snveoNON1tv1q68o1_400.gif
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 908
    319443.jpg

Sadly there will never be a Bond film that everyone will praise. Very tough to please everyone. I'm ecstatic about all of the news though!

I still have hope that after I'm gone there still will be people able to apply logic! Don't worry, you don't have to. After all, how would you?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    319443.jpg

I still have hope that after I'm gone there still will be people able to apply logic! Don't worry, you don't have to. After all, how would you?

I think I speak for everyone when I say that even the tired, misdirected and obnoxious whining of yours that has been on repeat for two years can't stop us from smiling at today's news. We've got permanent smiles on our faces and positive energy bursting out of us, such a shame your miserable arse can't join us. After all, how would you?
  • Matt_Helm wrote: »
    319443.jpg

I think I speak for everyone when I say that even the tired, misdirected and obnoxious whining of yours that has been on repeat for two years can't stop us from smiling at today's news. We've got permanent smiles on our faces and positive energy bursting out of us, such a shame your miserable arse can't join us. After all, how would you?

We have found our Blofeld ;-). Just joking
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly

this gif of Léa from this years Cannes is the effing best =))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chipsticks wrote: »

She looks a little ticked there. What's the story behind it?
  • Matt_Helm wrote: »
    319443.jpg

Yeah,that's exactly the point. How would I,or better - how could I?
  • S.P.E.C.T.R.E. - Happy 53rd birthday:
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering

I have no idea! I have not been able find the live stream of the red carpet so I am unable to see the whole story of what happened. Posters on her thread just thought it was hilarious and wanted a gif of the moment. It was probably one of Léa's eccentric moments.

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited December 2014 Posts: 1,756
    The greatest Bond parody :P
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    @dominicgreene

LMAO =)) "Piss off Mr. Bond."... god i am rolling over here LOL!

I have no idea! I have not been able find the live stream of the red carpet so I am unable to see the whole story of what happened. Posters on her thread just thought it was hilarious and wanted a gif of the moment. It was probably one of Léa's eccentric moments.

It looks like she's being interviewed next to that man on the red carpet but the female interviewer has ignored she's even there, prompting her to just turn and leave. It is funny though, you're right. :))
    One thing I don't want with SPECTRE or Bond 25 is for them to re boot the story of Tracy. Thats something I would like left alone
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    One thing I don't want with SPECTRE or Bond 25 is for them to re boot the story of Tracy. Thats something I would like left alone

I've been a Blofeld supporter and am looking forward to the re imagining but I have to agree with this. Considering that Craig's Bond has already had a love of his life lost, it just doesn't seem right to do that again so quickly. But then again, Blofeld killing Tracy is what made the relationship between him and Bond so personal in the books. At this point, I trust the filmmakers that they know what they're doing. Guess we'll see what happens.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    fjdinardo wrote: »

I've been a Blofeld supporter and am looking forward to the re imagining but I have to agree with this. Considering that Craig's Bond has already had a love of his life lost, it just doesn't seem right to do that again so quickly. But then again, Blofeld killing Tracy is what made the relationship between him and Bond so personal in the books. At this point, I trust the filmmakers that they know what they're doing. Guess we'll see what happens.

Very good points by both of you. That is a sacrosanct part of the Bond universe, and very well done in OHMSS. Best leave sleeping dogs lie.

I do trust the producers, Mendes and Craig to do the right thing.

I have faith in SPECTRE, although I admit I'm intrigued by what they have planned. They're really forcing us to have faith in them this time.
    There are many things I like the sound of in this film but I cannot get past the fact that they'll be throwing in the cheesy throwaway/one liners. This really puts me off, reduces my excitement for the release and will certainly hinder my enjoyment of the film. Give the throwaways for another actor who will play Bond in that Moore style but not Craig. It doesn't work.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    they've all had one liners.... why should Craig's films be devoid of them?
  • leas_mole wrote: »
    I have no idea!
    She was simply the first to be asked one or some questions by the journalist , who then asked Jeremie Renier one or a few others. Near them, the cast of Saint Laurent is preparing for the photocall on the red carpet, so she join them, etc.

See at 1:00 here

On these circumstances you can feel like being an animal in a circus, you have to look 5 second there, then 5 seconds there, with someone telling you when to change...

See the rebel at 1:22 though :)

Since Vesper is CraigBond's Tracy, maybe Blofeld (whoever that may be) has been behind Quantum this entire time (or controlling them) and has therefore had a hand in Lynd's demise? It'd be a bit of a retcon, but I could see it working.

Reading the synopsis, the cryptic message from Bond's past could very well be Vesper/Quantum or Mr. White related, and while he is back on the track of that organization he could uncover the hidden SPECTRE in all its glory.

Whatever happens, I know this film is going to kick absolute tuchus.
  • As I mentioned in another thread I really feel that Quantum is a branch/ tentacle of SPECTRE. It may be the Extortion section which would explain the Bolivian water monopoly plot in QoS. I also feel that Silva was pretty well financed in SF. Maybe he was head of the Counter- Intelligence section. It would be pretty awesome if they referenced the elimination of one of their operatives, Mr Silva, in SP like they did Dr No in FRWL.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 2,015
    Ah, somebody's trying to make advertising on http://spectre-themovie.com , created today :)
    Wait...do we actually have a villain in this movie ? Like..officially..

Batista is the only bad guy..Moriarty is MI6 agent and Waltz has some random Austrian name...what if Bellucci ends up the main villain ? Like Sophie in TWINE maybe ? Hmm..
    For now I'll guess Waltz is still secretly Blofeld, and it will either be revealed in the middle or at the end of the film. I would be surprised to see Mr. White live through this one though; maybe SPECTRE will eliminate him...
    JazzyBond wrote: »
    As I mentioned in another thread I really feel that Quantum is a branch/ tentacle of SPECTRE. It may be the Extortion section which would explain the Bolivian water monopoly plot in QoS. I also feel that Silva was pretty well financed in SF. Maybe he was head of the Counter- Intelligence section. It would be pretty awesome if they referenced the elimination of one of their operatives, Mr Silva, in SP like they did Dr No in FRWL.

When the title and synopsis were announced I though the same thing with Silva, but I'm not so sure now. His mission seemed very clear-cut and self-ordered, not done for any particular organization or reason beyond sweet revenge.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 2,598
    "they've all had one liners.... why should Craig's films be devoid of them?"

@haserot

As I said, they don't suit his portrayal of the character as Roger Moore said too. They didn't suit Dalton either. One of the great flaws of the Bond films is giving one liner/throwaway lines to the wrong actors instead of having some more natural humour like in CR and QOS which much better suit these actors portrayals of the character. I'm not happy with the corny throwaways in DN and FRWL either, as these two films have a more serious tone like the Dalton and Craig outings. They just don't harmonise with the rest of the film.

Craig's hair looks good in the above pictures. Let's hope it stays like this for the film instead of giving him that grotesque Skyfall crew cut.

If this is to be a traditional Bond film, then they need to have Bond discussing the finer things in life such as quality wines. Something that is sorely missing from the recent movies. Otherwise, he's almost just like any other action hero but better dressed. They always skip these small but important facets of his character. In the books Bond would discuss things like how when you order caviar the problem is not how to get enough caviar but how to get enough toast with it. His hatred for shoe laces and tea always amuses me too.
    I must say, it has been a real pleasure to read through all these enthusiastic posts. For once, there seems a general thumb up. Best reaction to a film since I started being on forums after CR. Whatever comes out of it, they seem pumped up to give it their all.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited December 2014 Posts: 15,423
    Now, I have been thinking for a day about this one. Why haven't they ever released the Alternate Ending among the deleted scenes of Quantum of Solace? There was said to be a confrontation with Bond and Mr. White, right? Along with killing off Guy Haines? Now, why do I feel that scene will be re-used for either SPECTRE or subsequent entry in the series? That's one interesting point.