SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Sandy wrote: »
    Did anyone read my comment back there? It was rumoured, back when they were looking for one Skandinavian and one British Bond girl) that the British (I think, not sure) was a female agent with a personal history with Bond. To me that makes a lot of sense now that we hear about Bellucci's casting, she could be an agent who had an affair with Bond in the past, they simply changed her nationality like they did when they cast Léa Seydoux!

I swear the Scandanavian character is the one who was described as an 'agent with a personal history with Bond', which has been replaced with Lea Seydoux.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The only English chick apart from Naomi Harris that May be in Bond 24 is Froggat. Consider the main Bond chicks to be Lea and Monica. Too bad for those of you that are upset. Deal with it.
    Do we even know for sure Bellucci has been cast?
    doubleoego wrote: »
    The only English chick apart from Naomi Harris that May be in Bond 24 is Froggat. Consider the main Bond chicks to be Lea and Monica. Too bad for those of you that are upset. Deal with it.

I can deal with it as long as Froggat and that Scott guy are kept far away from the movie.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 267
    I don't feel that Bellucci is current enough to be in Bond 24. All the announcements so far have been for actors who are extremely current at the moment and for them to cast someone like Bellucci who in my opinion has been off the circuit for a few years now just disappoints me a bit.

Yeah she's famous but not in the way Waltz or Bautista or even Lea are, but there's no point moaning about it, I'll find out tomorrow.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11,119
    (double post, via mobile phone, and bad network connection :-( )
  • For me Monica's casting is the most exciting addition to the cast we've heard thus far.

She's ridiculously beautiful regardless of her age and it's a total injustice that she hasn't played a Bond girl yet. Furthermore what's most annoying for me is how the Bond casting people have always targeted younger woman, it's gotten so monotonous over the years. Why are younger women getting the monopoly on these roles when there are some great older actresses out there?

I think it's refreshing that they've decided to bring on an older sexier woman and in way break down some stereotypes and cliches in the progress. Bravo Mr. Mendes.

I have no idea why people on this forum are hitting out against Bellucci because she's too older. She's only 4 years older then Bond himself, Daniel Craig. Meanwhile Lea Seydoux is 17 years younger then Craig and no one has a problem with that. It's time James Bond stopped being a totally lecherous old creep preying on young women. Plus Bond would totally fuck an older woman.

Monica-Bellucci-VF-43-2013_980x571.jpg
  • Just look at these pictures! I mean, from a gay perspective I really think she's a very attractive, elegant looking actress. I admire her courage for showing herself completely natural. No botox, no overblown lips. Simply a pure, natural, stunning looking woman who happens to be 50 years of age. And she has aged gracefully so far:

article-2632020-1DF8D89500000578-501_634x900.jpg
    2.jpg
    article-0-1E727B1100000578-26_196x440.jpg
    FFN-GGFF_RhinoSeason_Prem_091212-50884715.jpg
    monica-bellucci-without-makeup-elle-cover.jpg

Now a quick question for everyone in here. Just answer with "good" or "bad".
    Will she play a "good" woman, or a "bad" woman? Will she be an ally, or a villain?
    Who cares? Lol I'm just thankful she's in a Bond movie!
  • Sandy wrote: »
    Did anyone read my comment back there? It was rumoured, back when they were looking for one Skandinavian and one British Bond girl) that the British (I think, not sure) was a female agent with a personal history with Bond. To me that makes a lot of sense now that we hear about Bellucci's casting, she could be an agent who had an affair with Bond in the past, they simply changed her nationality like they did when they cast Léa Seydoux!

Maybe she will be a kind of Sylvia Trench girlfriend he sporadically sees...although Trench wasn't an agent
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 2,115
    Ludovico wrote: »

No. Baz's Tweet is vague, as was the original Deadline Hollywood story ("I've heard Monica Bellucci may be in the mix".) Given Bagimboye's track record, that suggests there's something to it. But it'd have been better if his Tweet was written more plainly.
    For me Monica's casting is the most exciting addition to the cast we've heard thus far.

She's ridiculously beautiful regardless of her age and it's a total injustice that she hasn't played a Bond girl yet. Furthermore what's most annoying for me is how the Bond casting people have always targeted younger woman, it's gotten so monotonous over the years. Why are younger women getting the monopoly on these roles when there are some great older actresses out there?

I think it's refreshing that they've decided to bring on an older sexier woman and in way break down some stereotypes and cliches in the progress. Bravo Mr. Mendes.

I have no idea why people on this forum are hitting out against Bellucci because she's too older. She's only 4 years older then Bond himself, Daniel Craig. Meanwhile Lea Seydoux is 17 years younger then Craig and no one has a problem with that. It's time James Bond stopped being a totally lecherous old creep preying on young women. Plus Bond would totally fuck an older woman.

Monica-Bellucci-VF-43-2013_980x571.jpg

95.gif
  • Matt_Helm wrote: »
    The main problem with that approach (and I say this as someone,who is neither enamoured with the MI movies - except part 3- or Cruise) that the by far largest slice of the tickets gets bought by the under 25 crowd.
    Well it's wrong. Demographics of moviegoers are bend towards 12-24, but they're not the largest slice at all. It means 18-24 count for a 1/5th of the ticket solds, which is larger than the share in the population, but not an overall majority. 25-39 count for 1/4th, for instance. And for huge numbers, you have to attract outside the under 25 crowd anyway...

I don't answer all the other "facts" that you write, because if you answer about PC then no debate can happen. But with figures, there's no PC.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 203
    i hope she will play a powerful person (#3) in the SPECTRE organization. i hope it won't be a twist like in TWINE where waltz is revealed to be working for monica. in TWINE it totally destroyed renards character.
    btw, its eerie that monica looks like daniel's wife (rachel). maybe she was considered for the role, along with penelopy curz.
  • I think a lot of people are going to be very let down and mad tomorrow when and if they find out Spectre is not involved with the movie. While I will welcome being wrong, I just am not expecting it to happen at all.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I only hope they don't do the switch from J Gardner's "For Special Services" .
  • Perhaps the woman whom Bond lost his virginity to in France when he was 16? :P
    And if she got pregnant, then maybe we would have a French woman 17 years younger than Craig in the movie. Oh wait :)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    No disappointments, gentlemen. The revelation WILL be an excitement for us, at least! Something we've been waiting for a long time already! So, when the official announcement commences, buckle up and keep the British End up! :D
    Sexy Ernestine Blofeld?

360089_3013_625x1000.jpg

:D

In all seriousness, not too happy about this - her acting is....underwhelming. But we will see what Mendes can get out of her.
  • Matt_Helm wrote: »
    The main problem with that approach (and I say this as someone,who is neither enamoured with the MI movies - except part 3- or Cruise) that the by far largest slice of the tickets gets bought by the under 25 crowd.
    Well it's wrong. Demographics of moviegoers are bend towards 12-24, but they're not the largest slice at all. It means 18-24 count for a 1/5th of the ticket solds, which is larger than the share in the population, but not an overall majority. 25-39 count for 1/4th, for instance. And for huge numbers, you have to attract outside the under 25 crowd anyway...

I don't answer all the other "facts" that you write, because if you answer about PC then no debate can happen. But with figures, there's no PC.

So you say half of the people,that go to the cinema are over 40? Interesting, and since you seem to have a fair idea of the movie business I won't dispute your claim. Still,when I go to the cinema the large share of folks seem to be teenager and dating couples ( and Germany is quite an aging country so we should have a larger share of older folks than most countries, save Nipon that is.)
    Also the recipe for all out success would still be to cater to both,the young and the old.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    For the first time I hope Baz is wrong...

So do I.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    Model Megan Young will appear in the film according to Wikipedia. I'm sure it would be small role If that is true.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    My guess is that she will be villainous and, if Waltz is to be playing Blofeld, quite possibly related to him.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    If true, I'm happy to see her onboard. I have little doubt that She's been on EON's radar for some time and would have been just right for the role of Paris In "Tomorrow Never Dies".
    One thing that few can deny is that, for the most part, casting has been spot on during the Craig era. There must be a role in 24 that Monica suits.
    I can't wait to hear some real news tomorrow

• chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    Walecs wrote: »
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    For the first time I hope Baz is wrong...

So do I.

me too
    #-o
    Thanks but already known.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe

Sorry to disappoint you but this has already been reported here at 2 different times.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Unless, you're selling them ? :))
    Ludovico wrote: »

No. Baz's Tweet is vague, as was the original Deadline Hollywood story ("I've heard Monica Bellucci may be in the mix".) Given Bagimboye's track record, that suggests there's something to it. But it'd have been better if his Tweet was written more plainly.

Bagimboye is the one element that does give it some weight. Still, I find her a bit old and the fact that she has been rumored in the past makes me sceptical.